Become a Patron!

Random Pet Peeves..

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I married one. My husband leaves the kitchen cupboards open EVERY DAMN TIME he has to put something away or get something out. Seriously, how frelling hard is it to close a cupboard door????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ROFL... my husband gets on me about that very thing CONSTANTLY. BUT, he WANTS the cupboard door left open where my flavorings are stored, so he doesn't get a faceful of mingled fruit, tobacco, and everything else right in the face when he puts the clean dishes away. :giggle: men. Just can't please 'em. :giggle:

Andria

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ROFL... my husband gets on me about that very thing CONSTANTLY. BUT, he WANTS the cupboard door left open where my flavorings are stored, so he doesn't get a faceful of mingled fruit, tobacco, and everything else right in the face when he puts the clean dishes away. :giggle: men. Just can't please 'em. :giggle:

Andria

Haha, now that I can understand. That would be pretty rough in the same cabinet where plates and things are kept, those smells can get pretty pungent. There for awhile I had a box full of several different juices from mbv and they use those soft plastic bottles that apparently leech odors. Everything mixed together smelled like the back of some foreign restaurant, not good.

TheKidnappedOne

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems like westerners are always in the wrong. If we go to other countries and don't try to blend in with their culture, we're arrogant. If we have any thoughts or expectations of foreigners to try and fit in here, we're arrogant. I'd suggest to pick one. If people think westerners are just inherently arrogant they can find something fat and suck it. Plenty of foreigners come to the states looking for preferential treatment and to accommodate their 'ways' so the ignorance and arrogance goes both ways.

I'm also not one way on it, while I'd certainly appreciate people to respect our ways (within reason) and speak english here in the u.s., I would extend the same respect to other countries. Try and speak their language (or give it a good effort), attempt to respect their customs if it means wearing different clothing, wearing a hat, taking shoes off inside a building etc.

Could have summed up most of those for at two paragraphs with, "When in Rome, Do as the Roman's"
This is my basic mantra when it comes to people visiting other countries, or moving to those countries, don't expect them to change the rules for you,you moved there, you are expected to conform to some degree with their customs or make a best attempt to do so.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Haha, now that I can understand. That would be pretty rough in the same cabinet where plates and things are kept, those smells can get pretty pungent. There for awhile I had a box full of several different juices from mbv and they use those soft plastic bottles that apparently leech odors. Everything mixed together smelled like the back of some foreign restaurant, not good.

Oh gack, last time I ordered something from mbv, they sent along a sampler of one of their "famous" juices, wolf's breath or wolf puke or wolf's hairy asshole or some godawful tobacco flavor; I kept it in the drawer with some other old stuff for awhile, but it's so pungent, I finally had to toss it -- over a year ago, and I can STILL smell it. GACK!!!

Andria

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think I married one. My husband leaves the kitchen cupboards open EVERY DAMN TIME he has to put something away or get something out. Seriously, how frelling hard is it to close a cupboard door????:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So.... got any toilet seat issues in the household too? (I'll bet...)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So.... got any toilet seat issues in the household too? (I'll bet...)

Nope, not one. They always put the seat down but even if they didn't, I have no problem putting it down myself if they leave it up. It's not that difficult. My youngest son always puts the lid down, too, God knows why. But I have no problem lifting that up to pee, either.

It's a different matter with cupboards, especially when you're getting something from a lower one then stand up and get hit in the face with a door.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People who call my cell phone and leave a message saying "Whoever you are, don't call back again." Bitch, I never called you in the first place.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, not one. They always put the seat down but even if they didn't, I have no problem putting it down myself if they leave it up. It's not that difficult. My youngest son always puts the lid down, too, God knows why. But I have no problem lifting that up to pee, either.

It's a different matter with cupboards, especially when you're getting something from a lower one then stand up and get hit in the face with a door.
Get the kind that go down on their own, yes there are such a things:teehee:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Those plus size catalogs with women who look one size larger than anorexic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Yeah... and those waist cincher things? How come they're always displayed on the body of a woman who has exactly ZERO need for a waist cincher????? I don't need to know she has a small waist which the cincher makes smaller, I need to see it on a woman with a waistline like MINE! :facepalm:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those plus size catalogs with women who look one size larger than anorexic.

Gym commercials where everyone is cut as hell. Show me fat people working out and I'm more likely to sign up. Or even normal, non-professional model-looking people.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
People who call my cell phone and leave a message saying "Whoever you are, don't call back again." Bitch, I never called you in the first place.

Stupid woman called me back a fourth time so I answered it.

Me: Hello?
Her: Who is this?
Me: YOU called me...
Her: Someone from 880-something keeps calling me.
Me: Well it wasn't me. You keep calling me. You sure you wrote down the number correctly?
Her: Well... don't answer it anymore. *click*

WHAT THE HELL??

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gym commercials where everyone is cut as hell. Show me fat people working out and I'm more likely to sign up. Or even normal, non-professional model-looking people.

The only exercise I'm ever likely to engage in is one in which there is ZERO sweating. Show me a fucking swimming pool (with fat or normal, non-professional model-looking people in it), or get outta my face!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Me: Well it wasn't me. You keep calling me. You sure you wrote down the number correctly?

WHAT THE HELL??

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vladlee.easyblacklist

I've got the "Pro" version, just to stop the stupid ads, but the free version is fully functional. Had to get it when I switched to a non-Samsung phone, since ZTE doesn't have the "auto-reject list" built in. You can also use it to block annoying txts, even those with the short numbers, if you use it as your msging app.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vladlee.easyblacklist

I've got the "Pro" version, just to stop the stupid ads, but the free version is fully functional. Had to get it when I switched to a non-Samsung phone, since ZTE doesn't have the "auto-reject list" built in.

Andria

I use Youmail, which works fabulously. I don't answer calls from anyone I don't know (and often not even them). The problem is sometimes my son calls me from a work or coworker's phone and my doctor's office doesn't always have caller ID listed, so I don't blacklist numbers until I know it wasn't them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use Youmail, which works fabulously. I don't answer calls from anyone I don't know (and often not even them). The problem is sometimes my son calls me from a work or coworker's phone and my doctor's office doesn't always have caller ID listed, so I don't blacklist numbers until I know it wasn't them.

Makes sense. I don't answer calls from ANYONE unless I know who it is, and that I actually want to talk to them. :giggle: My son knows, if he calls me from some number I don't know, to call the home phone instead of my cell, because we have a real answering machine which allows me to screen calls. Most calls to that home number go unanswered! :giggle:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Makes sense. I don't answer calls from ANYONE unless I know who it is, and that I actually want to talk to them. :giggle: My son knows, if he calls me from some number I don't know, to call the home phone instead of my cell, because we have a real answering machine which allows me to screen calls. Most calls to that home number go unanswered! :giggle:

Andria

Yup, my kids know if they call from a number I don't know, they'd better leave a voicemail for me to call them back or saying that it's them and they'll call again. We don't have a house phone anymore, just our cell phones. So text me or leave a message. Text is preferred. I despise talking on the phone. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, my kids know if they call from a number I don't know, they'd better leave a voicemail for me to call them back or saying that it's them and they'll call again. We don't have a house phone anymore, just our cell phones. So text me or leave a message. Text is preferred. I despise talking on the phone. :)

LIKEWISE!!! Though I will spend time on the phone with my son, he's the light of my life, and just plain damn funny. :D But I've had a delinquent student loan since 1989, and the collector idiots don't seem to comprehend, "I have no job, so garnish away!" I refuse to talk to them anymore; I read some stuff online about PCR (Pioneer) and they're nothing but crooks; when I do get ready to resolve this student loan thing, I'm calling ECMC and telling them they can either deal directly with me, or I ain't paying a dime, because I refuse to deal with a collection agency that is nothing but a bunch of criminals.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LIKEWISE!!! Though I will spend time on the phone with my son, he's the light of my life, and just plain damn funny. :D But I've had a delinquent student loan since 1989, and the collector idiots don't seem to comprehend, "I have no job, so garnish away!" I refuse to talk to them anymore; I read some stuff online about PCR (Pioneer) and they're nothing but crooks; when I do get ready to resolve this student loan thing, I'm calling ECMC and telling them they can either deal directly with me, or I ain't paying a dime, because I refuse to deal with a collection agency that is nothing but a bunch of criminals.

Andria

We had problems with that for years from my husband's student loans. Kept claiming they sent us numerous letters. Odd how we never got a single one. Lying assholes.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The stink of flea and tick preventative. Can't they make one that smells like Channel #5 or something? :giggle:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

WHAT THE HELL??

A few years ago I was getting a lot of calls from my bank for pre-approved loans. One day I"m at a mall with my kids and I get another call. I ask guy how much will they give me and he asks how much I want. I ask for a million dollars and he laughs and says not that much. How about a million dirham? Nope. How about half a million dirham? Yes, we can do that, he says. Ok, I say, listen very carefully. I'm at the Dubai Mall right now. Meet me in 30 minutes at McDonalds with the money in a bag. He laughs and says he can't do that and I ask, why not? What the hell are you calling me for if you're not going to give me the money. I haven't gotten a call about the loans since. I love fucking with people who need to be fucked with.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wind chimes.

The idiot neighbor has this damned bigass wind chime on the front porch. It's enough to make Mike Oldfield cry. No one abutting her - or across the street even - likes it and I think at least one person told her directly.

The only thing stopping me from doing some target practice is it's directly in-line with her living room window.

Maybe,

WTF is wrong with - oh I dunno - SOME FREAKING SILENCE ONCE IN A WHILE!!! :headbang:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wind chimes.

The idiot neighbor has this damned bigass wind chime on the front porch. It's enough to make Mike Oldfield cry. No one abutting her - or across the street even - likes it and I think at least one person told her directly.

The only thing stopping me from doing some target practice is it's directly in-line with her living room window.

Maybe,

WTF is wrong with - oh I dunno - SOME FREAKING SILENCE ONCE IN A WHILE!!! :headbang:

Hire a neighborhood kid to steal them. :devil:

Briandesimone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My most dumb ridiculous pet peeve is not putting the cord on the sweeper the right way. That irks the hell out of me lol.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Omg!!???!!!
Employee: I can't finish the week.
Me: uhm ...okay ...why?
E: I don't feel good.
Me: What do you have left?
E: (basically a list of all her stores)
Me: Are you sure they aren't Coke Full that's not due until May. You should maybe go to the doctor if you can't manage 2 c stores and an ICU.
E: (no really this happened) THIS IS SERIOUS I HAVE DIABETES AND A KIDNEY INFECTION. MY DOCTOR SAID I NEED BED REST!!!!
(note not a hospital and antibiotics for that exceptionally life threatening illness)
Me: (pause to write for 2 minutes)
E: I QUIT!!!!
Me:
Me:
Me: ???? Well alrighty.

My life has become a soap opera.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boxes, like cereal, cracker or snack ones that use so much glue you have to destroy the package to open them. Note small tear already started. I paused opening the box, just so I could post here cuz you gotta peeve when you come across one.

View attachment 80245

I've been packaging-challenged for DECADES. Plastic is the worst, but yeah, the excessive fucking glue is another serious challenge. I keep scissors and a razor knife in the kitchen drawer, and if anyone takes them out and misplaces them, I HUNT THE FUCKER DOWN AND READ HIM THE RIOT ACT and get my fucking scissors or razor knife back!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Omg!!???!!!
Employee: I can't finish the week.
Me: uhm ...okay ...why?
E: I don't feel good.
Me: What do you have left?
E: (basically a list of all her stores)
Me: Are you sure they aren't Coke Full that's not due until May. You should maybe go to the doctor if you can't manage 2 c stores and an ICU.
E: (no really this happened) THIS IS SERIOUS I HAVE DIABETES AND A KIDNEY INFECTION. MY DOCTOR SAID I NEED BED REST!!!!
(note not a hospital and antibiotics for that exceptionally life threatening illness)
Me: (pause to write for 2 minutes)
E: I QUIT!!!!
Me:
Me:
Me: ???? Well alrighty.

My life has become a soap opera.

What is Coke Full and how does it pertain to a drama queen ex-employee?

Andria

forza

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Coke Full is a marketing thing we do for (gasp) Coke . It's a very long project that takes thousands of man hours.

2. Having diabetes has nothing to do with her work. She's recently needed need rest for stress for two weeks as well.

3. This is why she no longer works for me.

Lol. It was a ridiculous conversation that should have in no way resulted in quitting unless that's what she already planned to do.

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Boxes, like cereal, cracker or snack ones that use so much glue you have to destroy the package to open them. Note small tear already started. I paused opening the box, just so I could post here cuz you gotta peeve when you come across one.

Damm straight. And the bags inside changed somewhere along the lines too. You used to be able to just pull each side near the top and it would nicely open. Now, you're more likely to rip the crap out of the bag. Combine that with a box top that wont close, and you're sure to have a product that can stay fresh.. not.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damm straight. And the bags inside changed somewhere along the lines too. You used to be able to just pull each side near the top and it would nicely open. Now, you're more likely to rip the crap out of the bag. Combine that with a box top that wont close, and you're sure to have a product that can stay fresh.. not.

Boxcutter. Scissors. Tupperware. :D

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I keep a putty (spackle) knife like this in the kitchen drawer to do battle with boxes:

Spatula-Putty-Knife-Scraper-tool-factory.jpg
Just wedge it carefully between the box and the over-glued flap and have at it. Especially handy if you need to knock down dishwasher detergent boxes for recycling.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I fully agree! I suppose we shouldn't eat snacks, huh? Industrial strength glues! That's ok, I fooled them. We have ziplocs :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Boxcutter. Scissors. Tupperware. :D

That's EXACTLY one of the reasons I keep scissors handy, because those bags WILL NOT open properly. The gallon-sized ziplock bags, too, Khassy; I end up having to resort to them quite often, for some damn plastic bag that opened more than it was supposed to. The Dollar Tree has them for $1 a box!

I'm really glad to learn that I am very far from the only one who is pkging-dysfunctional. For years I'd thought it was just my own special kind of stupid. :D

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's EXACTLY one of the reasons I keep scissors handy, because those bags WILL NOT open properly. The gallon-sized ziplock bags, too, Khassy; I end up having to resort to them quite often, for some damn plastic bag that opened more than it was supposed to. The Dollar Tree has them for $1 a box!

I'm really glad to learn that I am very far from the only one who is pkging-dysfunctional. For years I'd thought it was just my own special kind of stupid. :D

Andria

Have you tried opening toys in the last 10 years? A medieval chastity belt would be easier to get into.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried opening toys in the last 10 years? A medieval chastity belt would be easier to get into.

I agree, though, no, no toys -- CDs and DVDs are bad enough! Oh! And we bought our son a flip-phone... that was some creative pkging on that thing!

One thing that particularly aggravates me are the plastic bands around the tops of eyedrops bottles -- they're perforated, right? Yeah, right! When it's time to put drops in my eyes, that means my glasses are OFF... so how the HELL am I supposed to see those goddamn perforations?!?!?!?!?! American industry has LOST ITS FUCKING MIND on pkging!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'll gladly pay extra for "frustration-free packaging" whenever it's offered on Amazon. Trying to get shit out of clamshell packaging is a nightmare.

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I feel like a crabby old man for saying this.....

I dislike the use of the word "peeps" when referring to other people.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think spinner's look silly; unless you're < 14 years old. Or, if you're > 14 years old, you'd better show me a bad ass trick or something.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Leaf blowers. :soapbox:

What the fuck do they actually accomplish? Besides deafness in users of commercial leaf blowers and increases in allergy symptoms and asthma.

You want to clear the sidewalk or driveway? Try sweeping the shit up instead of blowing it into the street and in my fucking windows in the process.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Makes me miss the days when expensive gear came with no boxes, just bubble wrap. It was an easier time back then..

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Leaf blowers. :soapbox:

What the fuck do they actually accomplish?

I used one to blow my fairly long dryer vent line clean. Worked super good.
Then, I realized I had a gravel driveway and no real use for a leaf blower, so I returned it to the store.
:)

VU Sponsors