Become a Patron!

Random Stuff from FT/GB!

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I shop and Fasttech and Gearbest pretty often, so many times I've ran into random items I just couldn't resist while looking for vaping related stuffs....

Yesterday I was scrolling through the flash sale gearbest was having and this laser was on it for 5$ with my GB points it came up to tree fity$, couldn't help thinking about the loch ness monster trying to steal my tree fity so I got it ^__^

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_106566.html

What's your random purchase? :D

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My girl kitty would love that.
My wife just got a kitty about a week ago, she sleeps all day and starts running around when we want to sleep >.<

cute little bugger though :D

AQk1Ztb.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My wife just got a kitty about a week ago, she sleeps all day and starts running around when we want to sleep >.<

cute little bugger though :D

AQk1Ztb.jpg
Aww, she is most precious!! Plays while you sleep, huh? She knows how to cat properly.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Another Order this time from FT... I've gotten two of these in the past, figured I'd get a third one... Great little flashlights, better than my maglites and much smaller, zoom function, brightness setting as well as a strobe light to piss people off... Says 1000 lumen but I figure it's about 600-700 or so which is still really bright uses 18650's so I keep my old vaping batteries that are past 200 cycles and use them in these.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1206501

Seriously if you go camping or need a good flashlight and have some old 18650's grab one!

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once we have 18650s sitting around, there's no excuse for not getting a couple lights to use them as well. They're stunningly better than any AAA/AA/C/D torch we're used to.
Part of it is probably modern LED tech. Unless you need it as a large baton/cudgel... a big Maglite is just a dinosaur nowadays.

I have a pair of similar lights from Amazon, those are several dollars cheaper and almost certainly nearly identical in features (limited/poor) and quality (fair).

I got them while looking into better, pricier makes and they have a couple advantages for the price. If you need it, they're thicker to accommodate a 3xAAA sled as well.
And the flood/zoom control is generally a costly add-on for quality lights, but, damn... it's useful to have (makes the unit quite a bit larger though).

I have two different Convoy S2+ as well, not bad at ~$12... higher quality, customizable, a second mode to turn off the SOS and Strobe settings, etc. (quality lights are a complicated world... it pays to take some time to research the head element(s) and color spectrum).
But... without a zoom head, they're mid-level "floody".

Nice to have both though. If I break one of the cheapies, I'd get another from FT.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Once we have 18650s sitting around, there's no excuse for not getting a couple lights to use them as well. They're stunningly better than any AAA/AA/C/D torch we're used to.
Part of it is probably modern LED tech. Unless you need it as a large baton/cudgel... a big Maglite is just a dinosaur nowadays.

I have a pair of similar lights from Amazon, those are several dollars cheaper and almost certainly nearly identical in features (limited/poor) and quality (fair).

I got them while looking into better, pricier makes and they have a couple advantages for the price. If you need it, they're thicker to accommodate a 3xAAA sled as well.
And the flood/zoom control is generally a costly add-on for quality lights, but, damn... it's useful to have (makes the unit quite a bit larger though).

I have two different Convoy S2+ as well, not bad at ~$12... higher quality, customizable, a second mode to turn off the SOS and Strobe settings, etc. (quality lights are a complicated world... it pays to take some time to research the head element(s) and color spectrum).
But... without a zoom head, they're mid-level "floody".

Nice to have both though. If I break one of the cheapies, I'd get another from FT.
Not that I'm a flashlight junkie but it's more of a necessity for me, I summer out of town in a very rural area on a lake, my family owns 220 acres here and there's no streetlights down our road, when there's no moon or it's cloudy it's quite literally pitch black and you can't see anything, I imagine it's like being blind :X...

Looked locally maybe 3-4 years ago long before I was vaping... Best I could find was those 1,000,000 candlepower flashlights, everyone had them, charge for four hours and it lasts 15 mins >.<, decided to look on amazon see what was available, saw those "Ultrafire 1800 lumen" ones and picked up 2, both came with a battery and a charger for like 12$ each... I'll tell ya I was freaking amazed!!! But battery life kind of sucked, I figure the 18650's they gave me were probably like 700mah and extremely low drain, bout a year later both batteries died, did some google-FU and ended up getting VTC4's.. It pretty much doubled the brightness and once again I was amazed lol... Everyone I've shown the flashlights too have been amazed around here.. Ended up grabbing a skyray king 7 led one for 30$that thing is nuts and now they have pretty much double the LED versions as well... These little guys here, they are great pocket flashlights, not too big not too small but bright and on low will last all night. Was kind of cool when I started vaping, I already had four untouched VTC4's sitting in a desk drawer, already knew about battery safety and amps etc plus it was -1 cost for me to get started :D

My next purchase... maybe these and just leave em up all year lols...

Halloween/Xmas maybe even accent lighting I'm covered...

http://www.gearbest.com/led-strips/pp_161659.html?wid=21

Last edited:

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and there's no streetlights down our road, when there's no moon or it's cloudy it's quite literally pitch black and you can't see anything, I imagine it's like being blind :X...

You've described where I live.
Well... minus the lake, and it's Oregon and usually cloudy so... no Moon either. :p
Few houses, a gravel road and thick forest most everywhere. Streetlight? What's that?

When I was reading up on these things, a lot came down to number of emitters and what kind of "throw" the beam had. I don't have a use for a 200' beam... if you walked a quarter that distance off the road here, you couldn't see 100' through the trees. Probably less.

These little guys here, they are great pocket flashlights, not too big not too small but bright and on low will last all night.

I don't quite consider the "zoom/focus head" models quite so pocket friendly, and they're thicker too. The little, plain vanilla jobbies (ie: Convoy S2) are much better for pants pockets. Cargo shorts or a jacket and it doesn't matter so much.

Was kind of cool when I started vaping, I already had four untouched VTC4's sitting in a desk drawer, already knew about battery safety and amps etc plus it was -1 cost for me to get started

If I didn't have 18650s and a charger for vaping, I doubt I'd have considered these lights.
Now however there are at least two companies looking to make a killing with pretty heavy TV advertising. They're probably similar to what you had as a bad first experience (ok, maybe not that bad). They appear to use a proprietary batt, or encased 18650, with unknown specs, and the charging setup looks dodgy too.

And it's only $20 (plus S&H). :D

But at least it will put these things into the public consciousness in a way they've never been before.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors