https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe, I should ask you to explain what you meant by saying...

No better no worse
What needs to be explained? Its not any better than most other things in its price range.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe, I should ask you to explain what you meant by saying...

No better no worse
That seemed pretty obvious to me...
ProVapes products are just as reliable as some others out there. Didn't say the others were better than a ProVape product, nor did he say they were better..just said they were equal in terms of quality and reliability?

We know you are a ProVape fan..but nothing he said in that statement took any kind of pot-shot at them.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OMG does it matter, if your not smoking your winning, doesn't matter what the other person is using, like a damn kindergarten in here o_O

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That seemed pretty obvious to me...
ProVapes products are just as reliable as some others out there. Didn't say the others were better than a ProVape product, nor did he say they were better..just said they were equal in terms of quality and reliability?

We know you are a ProVape fan..but nothing he said in that statement took any kind of pot-shot at them.
I didn't think he did either.

But, I do think that their products are better than most other things out there.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't think he did either.

But, I do think that their products are better than most other things out there.
Not a lot to compare to in the same price range...and when you do compare others in the same price range, you get equal quality.

Compare a Mercedes to a Volvo or BMW and the quality is equal. Compare a Mercedes to an economy car, and yea, the Mercedes is better than most econoboxes out there, apples to oranges. His statement was comparing mods in the same price range

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not a lot to compare to in the same price range...and when you do compare others in the same price range, you get equal quality.

Compare a Mercedes to a Volvo or BMW and the quality is equal. Compare a Mercedes to an economy car, and yea, the Mercedes is better than most econoboxes out there, apples to oranges. His statement was comparing mods in the same price range

And, out of the ones he did mention, I can only think of one that offers a lifetime warranty

2C429DA9-4430-4022-9420-40CBDEBB5DD5_zps85yysvap.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Thank you! It wouldn't be right to compare their 40w box to other 40w boxes that are 50$ and under. But perfectly fair to compare it to other mods in the same price class.

Lets not forget I merely asked a question about doa mods.
Astro decided to compare it to other mods.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

They are not equal, not even close...

ProVape Products Are Better!!!

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
They are not equal, not even close...

ProVape Products Are Better!!!
That BLANKET statement is YOUR opinion..others will disagree. Now if you want to point out specific ways that you believe they are better, and have some empirical numbers where necessary, I am open minded enough to admit when and where you are right.

Warranty:
ProVape Warranty: 1yr. With optional extended
Hexohm warranty: lifetime
SX: 1 yr
Verdict: Hexohm better

Durability of enclosure:
ProVari: solid stainless. Heavy, but solid
SX: heavy cast, solid. Equal to ProVari
Hexohm: light aluminum. Solid
ProVari radius: polycarbonate. Too early to tell
Verdict... About equal, slight edge given to original ProVari

Features:
SX : 0-75w (optionally 150w with extension tube), smooth accurate power, temp control, great display
ProVape: limited features, but solid signal, functional display, enough power for many users
Hexohm: very few features, solid, smooth signal
Verdict: SX better here

Percentage of DOA units:
If you can find accurate and honest stats for any of these, I'd be surprised

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That BLANKET statement is YOUR opinion..others will disagree. Now if you want to point out specific ways that you believe they are better, and have some empirical numbers where necessary, I am open minded enough to admit when and where you are right.

Warranty:

Durability of enclosure:

Features:
SX : 0-75w (optionally 150w with extension tube), smooth accurate power, temp control, great display
ProVape: limited features, but solid signal, functional display, enough power for many users

Percentage of DOA units:
Keyword being the honest and accurate part, considering most of the prorape users I've spoken to have had a damaged(or loose) board at some point; I'm reasonably certain that is not part of the 1/2 of 1% that they always quote.

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keyword being the honest and accurate part, considering most of the prorape users I've spoken to have had a damaged(or loose) board at some point; I'm reasonably certain that is not part of the 1/2 of 1% that they always quote.
Well y'all got me on that one...

Can we get back to talkin bout the mod now?

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly. Wasn't worth me paying the return cost AND the repair cost (yes, one I had was under warranty, but they told me a loose board was not covered, because under normal use, there is no way it could ever happen), so 20seconds with a screwdriver, hammer and a drop of hot melt, I did it myself.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Have they said anything in reference to a firmware update or what kind of updates they would do in the foreseeable future?

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

And this one. :D

Warranty:

Durability of enclosure:

Features:

Percentage of DOA units:

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Have they said anything in reference to a firmware update or what kind of updates they would do in the foreseeable future?
I thought I saw in between all of the ass kissing in the one thread about it, that provape alluded to bug fixes more than anything. Don't think they could add any more features, or change output because anything else would be unsafe...and you know they can't ever contradict themselves

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I thought I saw in between all of the ass kissing in the one thread about it, that provape alluded to bug fixes more than anything. Don't think they could add any more features, or change output because anything else would be unsafe...and you know they can't ever contradict themselves
True, but, in reality if they deemed 11a limit on a 20a battery safe .....

Devils advocate bro

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
True, but, in reality if they deemed 11a limit on a 20a battery safe .....

Devils advocate bro

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you have to go into to an authorized upgrade (B&M) store and pay 5 bucks for the upgrade, or can you do it via your pc?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All of em!!!

Y'all have proved you don't care for their products.

What more can I say?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No dude that's where you are seriously wrong.
And we've had this conversation. At least its been said many times over; yet, always falls on def ears; because its easier to call us 'haters' than it is to read what is written.

I know that for myself, (I wont speak for anyone else but me) I would love a mod that coil fire a 0.4 triton coil between 40-50w.
Ita not that we don't care for the products, they are built like brick shithouses. we don't care for the lack of horsepower or the perceived attitude given whenever we decide to talk about.
Unfortunately I'm an Italian in the south....i talk alot.

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
All of em!!!

What more can I say?

Easy now. Never said I didn't care for their products. I personally think the quality is top notch. If someone were to give me one, would I say, "What do I want that for??" ? Hell no! I'd use it with my SubTank Mini (has to be the red one, though) but, I wouldn't go out and buy one myself because it doesn't match the majority of my vaping style. I'm usually at 45-70W depending on the atty I'm using. Would be perfect for the SubTank. I'm just not going to spend that much money on a mod for 1 atty.

Johnny101

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As they got in to variable wattage they have always been behind the eight ball the Evolv DNA 40 chip was released last year in late 2014. That would have been the time to release the radius. Evolv released the DNA 200 chip months ago Yihi has the SX mini m class at 60 watts. I don't see how provape can say they have state of the art Technology when their products are clearly running on antiquated technology.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As they got in to variable wattage they have always been behind the eight ball the Evolv DNA 40 chip was released last year in late 2014. That would have been the time to release the radius. Evolv released the DNA 200 chip months ago Yihi has the SX mini m class at 60 watts. I don't see how provape can say they have state of the art Technology when their products are clearly running on antiquated technology.
SXMini is 75 watts now with a single battery, plus NI, Ti, and SS, due to an upgrade.

Simply Red

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
SXMini is 75 watts now with a single battery, plus NI, Ti, and SS, due to an upgrade.

Are they doing the upgrade before they ship? Would make it easier for folks that are buying them now. I did the upgrade on mine to 75W and it wasn't the easiest thing to do, for me anyways.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
All of em!!!

What more can I say?

Ever said we didn't care for their products...but you are showing skewed logic in your assessment of us.
..anyone who doesn't think that ProVape products are the absolute best in every way possible, for every vaper out there is a hater-- even though no one ever said we hated their products, we never said they were junk, and didn't put them down.

It's the same logic you used when you said that I hated American made products when I simply asked if the nicotine ProVape used was from organically grown tobacco (in response to your statement that ProVape juice is the best because it uses nicotine from American grown tobacco)

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya, y'all have said quite a bit...

Cheers, Jim

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Astro I love how you run away when questions start getting above your IQ level. You're such a Troll
Sure you do johnny...

Sure you do!

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bottom Line...

Either you like ProVapes products or you don't.

Y'alls beef ain't with me, but with yourselves.

ECF or VU, it doesn't matter vapers are vapers.

Some are smart, and some are not. Which one are y'all is a question y'all have to answer for yourselves.

I will buy ProVape products, I like ProVape products.

Signed A ProVape Product Enthusiast.

AstroTurf... Cheers

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations.

For the record I have no issue with myself at all. I love myself..frequently.
Be sure to use lotion FB... Be sure to use lotion!

AstroTurf

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Go back to ECF where you belong I'm sure Zen and ocelot miss you kissing there asses. Maybe if you show Zen all the post you did on here to day he will give you a discount on an atty and let you pet his beard.
Only if you go back to Church and get saved johnny boy, only if you get saved!!!

LOLz, Jim

VU Sponsors