Become a Patron!

Raspberry Custard

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
60 ML Bottle;

80/10 mix at 3MG nicotine is my taste, you may like it different.

I use drops as measurement, however converting it isn’t hard.

TFA: Vanilla Custard- 70 Drops

TFA: Bavarian Cream- 25 Drops

TFA: Marshmallow- 20 Drops

TFA: French Vanilla Cream- 25 Drops

TFA: Whipped Cream- 20 Drops

Purilum: Raspberry- 60 Drops

Purilum: Super Sweet- 12 Drops

I let sit in crock pot for 4 hours shaking it up every half hour, then let it steep for 3 days. Really nice Raspberry Custard!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This looks pretty good. Going to have to do some math to turn that into weight/volume.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The drop size is just the small drops out of the original bottle, slight squeeze til a drop comes out. Sorry about that

Depending on the flavor bottle tip, the number of drops to make up 1 ml of fluid can be anywhere from 30 something to over 60. Knowing how many drops coming out of the bottle to make 1 ml of flavor can be important for anyone attempting to duplicate your recipe.

I don't know what an "original" bottle is. One obtained when buying flavors direct from TPA? Over the years I've bought TPA flavors from at least 4 different vendors. I believe all were re-bottled. Drop sizes varied.

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
60 ML Bottle;

80/10 mix at 3MG nicotine is my taste, you may like it different.

I use drops as measurement, however converting it isn’t hard.

TFA: Vanilla Custard- 70 Drops

TFA: Bavarian Cream- 25 Drops

TFA: Marshmallow- 20 Drops

TFA: French Vanilla Cream- 25 Drops

TFA: Whipped Cream- 20 Drops

Purilum: Raspberry- 60 Drops

Purilum: Super Sweet- 12 Drops

I let sit in crock pot for 4 hours shaking it up every half hour, then let it steep for 3 days. Really nice Raspberry Custard!
Sorry from now on I will calculate the recipes, I apologize.

TFA Vanilla Custard- 3ML
Purilum Raspberry- 2.5ML
TFA Bavarian Cream- 1ML
TFA Whipped Cream- 1ML
TFA Marshmallow- 0.8ML
TFA French Vanilla Cream- 1ML
Purilum Super Sweet- 0.6ml

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I might try whipping this up today. I was going to do the math (more specifically, have the missus do it) but it has already been done. Thanks dude.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
it looks good.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depending on the flavor bottle tip, the number of drops to make up 1 ml of fluid can be anywhere from 30 something to over 60. Knowing how many drops coming out of the bottle to make 1 ml of flavor can be important for anyone attempting to duplicate your recipe.

I don't know what an "original" bottle is. One obtained when buying flavors direct from TPA? Over the years I've bought TPA flavors from at least 4 different vendors. I believe all were re-bottled. Drop sizes varied.
I think the best thing to do in a case like this if you want to replicate is create a ratio of flavoring estimating all drop sizes to be the same and then accommodate for your taste. example: there are 232 total drops in the recipe.

Vanilla custard - 31%
Bavarian Cream - 11%
Marshmallow - 8%
French vanilla cream - 11%
Whipped Cream - 8%
Raspberry - 26%
SS -5%

Then use this ratio to however much flavor you want in the recipe. So if you like your recipes at about 15% flavor then for 60ml do 9ml of flavoring.
I know it's a lot of math, but if you have to assume the drop size is the same in all of these bottles this should give you the most accurate flavor to the original recipe. And looking through the thread as I type this it looks like my math would be pretty close to what he ended up with. He is at 16.5% flavor in the orignial recipe. 60 x .165 = 9.9ml of flavoring (which if you add up his flavor calculations in ML is exactly how much he used).

So the last step would be taking 9.9 and multiplying it by each of these percentages and it should give you the right ML to use or very damn close. If you ever encounter a drop recipe that you want to try but can't get in touch with the creator, this will save you.

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
I think the best thing to do in a case like this if you want to replicate is create a ratio of flavoring estimating all drop sizes to be the same and then accommodate for your taste. example: there are 232 total drops in the recipe.

Vanilla custard - 31%
Bavarian Cream - 11%
Marshmallow - 8%
French vanilla cream - 11%
Whipped Cream - 8%
Raspberry - 26%
SS -5%

Then use this ratio to however much flavor you want in the recipe. So if you like your recipes at about 15% flavor then for 60ml do 9ml of flavoring.
I know it's a lot of math, but if you have to assume the drop size is the same in all of these bottles this should give you the most accurate flavor to the original recipe. And looking through the thread as I type this it looks like my math would be pretty close to what he ended up with. He is at 16.5% flavor in the orignial recipe. 60 x .165 = 9.9ml of flavoring (which if you add up his flavor calculations in ML is exactly how much he used).

So the last step would be taking 9.9 and multiplying it by each of these percentages and it should give you the right ML to use or very damn close. If you ever encounter a drop recipe that you want to try but can't get in touch with the creator, this will save you.
That is some impressive math skills! Thank you for the help! I am going to just do the calculations before posting next time. Maybe I will contact you for the calculations!LOL

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is some impressive math skills! Thank you for the help! I am going to just do the calculations before posting next time. Maybe I will contact you for the calculations!LOL
LOL. After I started I saw that you had posted the calculations, but I figured it might help some people with random recipes they find online that are posted as drops and they have no way of contacting the creator. It should give you a good baseline of the recipe, obviously, it won't be exact because drops aren't exact. Sometimes I drop and it is .018 and sometimes I drop and it's .28, but that math should help you keep the "integrity" of the initial recipe.

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
That's awesome that you are able to help out like that. I know what you mean with the drops, I have the equipment to measure either by weight or I also have syringes that I could be using. I just mix better by feeling than by any other method.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's awesome that you are able to help out like that. I know what you mean with the drops, I have the equipment to measure either by weight or I also have syringes that I could be using. I just mix better by feeling than by any other method.
You do you man. That is why we all do DIY to begin with.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the best thing to do in a case like this if you want to replicate is create a ratio of flavoring estimating all drop sizes to be the same and then accommodate for your taste. .

Each to their own, but that does not work for me at all. Not if I want to accurately duplicate a mix.

"estimating all drop sizes to be the same" ?? what size exactly would that be? A random number of drops from 20 to 60?

I think of recipes which contain strong flavors. Flavors such as FLV Rich Cinnamon or FLV Alpine Strawberry. If a drop size is 20 to the ml or 60 to the ml can make a vast difference to the outcome of the mix. That's one important (to me) reason why drop size is important.

Recipe here usually contain flavor additions made in percentages. So much easier to use and mix.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Each to their own, but that does not work for me at all. Not if I want to accurately duplicate a mix.

"estimating all drop sizes to be the same" ?? what size exactly would that be? A random number of drops from 20 to 60?

I think of recipes which contain strong flavors. Flavors such as FLV Rich Cinnamon or FLV Alpine Strawberry. If a drop size is 20 to the ml or 60 to the ml can make a vast difference to the outcome of the mix. That's one important (to me) reason why drop size is important.

Recipe here usually contain flavor additions made in percentages. So much easier to use and mix.
That is the whole point of doing it the way that I did. You HAVE to assume that the original mixer takes this into account when creating his ratio of drops. For example if I was measuring by drops (I don't, I do weight and display my recipes in percentages) I would only use like one drop of FLV concentrates compared to like 5 or 6 of TFA or something. So if the recipe has 10 drops of FLV Rich cinnamon (but you don't know the drop size), and 30 drops of TFA Bavarian Cream you have to assume that the original mixer did this because FLV is a stronger concentrate and didn't need as much. I'm not saying this is a good way to create a recipe or that I recommend this, I am simply saying that if you are looking to replicate someone's recipe that is listed in drops and want to try and maintain the integrity of the original recipe this is a way to do that.

VU Sponsors