Become a Patron!

Raspberry Pastry Dropsauce

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy, VU! Got something new to share, something I've been letting steep and taking notes on trying to thin down on the ingredients with. I think I've got something good, so here you go:

Raspberry Pastry Dropsauce

4% CAP Vanilla Custard v1

--or--
(2% INW Custard, 1% TFA Vanilla Swirl, 0.5% FVH Cream/FA Fresh Cream - omit the last 0.5% FA Fresh Cream if you go this route)

3% FA Raspberry
2% FA Apple Pie
1.5% FA Cookie
1% CAP Yellow Cake
0.5% FA Fresh Cream

Notes:

I've been trying to steer away from Cap's V Custard v1 for a while, and I think the trio combo in the "or" section comes close to about what I'm looking for in this one, but... I'll be honest, there are times where v1 is just plain ol' better than alternatives. Or, at least, I believe I haven't made an alternative to better fit the situation yet.

Love love love that Cookie/Cake combo. It's been replicated before in other recipes, it's super simple and light, I'll use it again. Breadiness and fluff 'n soft tones, sweetness with the added flakiness of the Apple Pie (which is about all that comes through with that one, thanks to the raspberry).

3% FA Rasp reads back as a bit high to some that I've shared this to - and normally, I'd agree. It's a domination flavor, through and through. I think it needs it in this one, to move itself in front of the pastry combos. Fresh Cream to give it a nice hug at the end, unless you're trying to stay away from the v1.

I haven't played with alternatives and replacements too much for this one, yet. I've removed superfluous vanillas and marshmallow, though the latter may have a space in there in place of the Fresh Cream - spit ballin' here. Off the cuff stuff, that's what you want - that's what I'll give ya. Shop talk. sniff

Tweaks here and there for this and that, and this is where the recipe chain ended.

But it's a solid and good, flaky and fruity pastry taste that I can easily do in either a dripper or in a tank. But me? This is one of my Max VG Dripper recipes. Something cool about taking big ol' fat lung fulls of this stuff. It's not overpowering on either the fruit or the pastry, and the balance is nice.

Give it a try, and meddle with it as you see fit.

Flavors are cheap, life is short my friends. Have a great one!

After-thought: I'm trying to steer away from Cap's Custard v1 not because of health reasons, or anything like that, it's more of... I feel like I use it as a crutch more often than not. Constantly adjusting my own custard components into mixes always feels a little more rewarding than just "4% of the good stuff then 6% other shit to make it taste slightly different.) Perhaps this recipe is more-or-less a springboard for that, maybe I'm dreading Monday morning and am biding my time, stretching it as long as I can by posting to VU instead of getting ready for bed. ;)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors