Rather HOW NOT TO

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a feeling a couple of their employees are hanging around.
Holy shit Huck, your right. The odd foreign wording is what gives it away. Oh, and the complete disconnect from context.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nooooooo! He's def not talking to you

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LMAO, I need a name change, please.

Man I hope to see those posts magically gone in the morning. She's dangerous.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not so sure. But I want to hang around them for discount if possible.
YOU GET CALLED OUT AND START OFFERING COUPONS!!!??
Holy shit that's funny!!!
And to think, I was seriously considering buying from you guys.

zoe.vapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
YOU GET CALLED OUT AND START OFFERING COUPONS!!!??
Holy shit that's funny!!!
And to think, I was seriously considering buying from you guys.
No, I'm awaiting for Ryan to give me one for my next purchase if there is, since my order has already been made.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is it just me? I feel like there are now 2 people out there pushing this company, aside from the guy, Ryan, that has been posting here.
Nope you are correct. 2 more members with low post counts are coming out an promoting Hiliq big time. It's called Guerrilla Forum Marketing and is a well know practice, one member asks a question, the next promotes the product, the first member praises the service and support, the other member confirms and offers "special deals". This practice usually involves sock puppet accounts and one or two actual human beings behind the keyboard.

Another example is with penny stocks and the people who buy large quantities of the securities and then create a buzz, or utilize Guerrilla marketing to drive the price up and dump the stock.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a feeling a couple of their employees are hanging around.
I'm guessing they're trying to hit all the e-cig forums - they hit reddit about a month ago but didn't get the warmest of receptions. I say "they", could really be just one person and their sock puppets (On some of the reddit threads, it was all of them just talking to each other about how great hiliq is (all registered the same day).

Yes, zoe-vaper is there. Funniest post? https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...h_website_do_you_recommend_for_eliquids_guys/

And the one where A_Shelly777 posted and forget she was a puppet so posted with "her" email addy in the post https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2qwdrt/what_flavor_do_you_use_most/

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As promised to everybody, we have taken serious consideration on the pieces of advice and recommendations you've threw in the table. Having said that, we have done our part as a responsible supplier, afterall, we support Smarter and Safer Nicotine use.

I do not mean to advertise but feel free to visit our site www.hiliq.com and check out our Pure Nicotine section. We have extended the highest caution by providing warning signs, check-box forms and pops-ups in order to keep our clients aware of the danger of Nicotine. Furthermore, we have provided numbers of cautions and read throughs they need to read before they can finally buy the product.

We do not judge our buyers to be stupid and conclude them to be among the people who are risking their lives and the vaping community for buying a product they do not fully know amidst our multiple attempts to explain. While we do our best to warn, since we are here to serve the the needing community, we cannot totally hide or remove the solution. We made this changes to protect and educate and I am pretty sure that everybody is just after this so we hope just for support and understanding.

Now, we share the responsibility to the buyers and we believe that the vapers today possess high intelligence. It's their call to buy what they need and it's our call to offer Quality products, fast shipments, honest prices and efficient services.

P.S. Advertisement banner in VU is already taken down and changed with the more appropriate one. Throw in some of your thoughts, PM me.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just want to add, the minute we see spamming going on in this thread by ANYONE it will be removed and acted upon, Zoe, you need to caution your postings or I will start handing out warnings.

4biddenArtist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The scare isn't someone getting hurt, even though that of course would suck. It's after it happens, and the website it was purchased from ends up on fox news, and any vague "deadly" warning gets used as the fear juice in headlines. If it looks and feels like a happy DIY how-to, it could give consumers a false sense of security, and it'll get slaughtered by the media in a worst case scenario.

If it is an un-sugar-coated, standardized, pro-industry lab-procedure, it will be (more likely to be) treated with respect by DIY'ers and would be less vulnerable to media slaughter, should the worst happen. Maybe I'm paranoid talking up a storm about a hypothetical situation, but look at this:

"Protect Your Family From E-Cigarettes" - pamphlet published last year (still distributed) by the California Department of Public Health

Just because things are bad, doesn't mean they can't get worse.
WOW that pamphlet is full of misinformation and make e-cigarettes out to be as bad as cigarettes!!! What a crappy mis guiding pamphlet!
sorry to but in off topic but I cant believe CA would put out this pamphlet without citing any studies! People getting this kind of information will have a handy color pamphlet to retort with! we need a pamphlet!

On topic, I think this thread is an excellent source of information about the precautions of using pure nic. I would love to see a nicely made chart that simply shows the mixture and materials (nic solution/pg/vg/flavor) ratio so new DIYers can have a solid reference.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In a Dave Hester voice NNNOOPPPPEE!
If hiliq honestly according to one post advised mixing 100ml bottle with 1000mg nic the level of asinine is off the charts. And here is why.
When you mix with 10, 100, or 1000mg you need to be focused on what you are doing period, esp. when you are handling stuff in the realm of LD50 land.
Lets say you are rushed and or just a brain fart you grabbed 100mg instead of 10mg and mixed up some 6mg. Missing that one zero in your calc is the difference between 6mg and 60mg.
Now lets just say you have a bottle of 1000mg laying around not cut down to safe levels... you misread that measurement and mg and instead of 6 or 60 you now have a bottle of 600mg.

The Stroop effect takes over and in a stressed or rushed state it is BEYOND easy to over look a zero.
Example
17seudoonh781jpg.jpg

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If hiliq honestly according to one post advised mixing 100ml bottle with 1000mg nic the level of asinine is off the charts. And here is why.
When you mix with 10, 100, or 1000mg you need to be focused on what you are doing period, esp. when you are handling stuff in the realm of LD50 land.
Lets say you are rushed and or just a brain fart you grabbed 100mg instead of 10mg and mixed up some 6mg. Missing that one zero in your calc is the difference between 6mg and 60mg.
Now lets just say you have a bottle of 1000mg laying around not cut down to safe levels... you misread that measurement and mg and instead of 6 or 60 you now have a bottle of 600mg.

The Stroop effect takes over and in a stressed or rushed state it is BEYOND easy to over look a zero.
Example
17seudoonh781jpg.jpg

No one should drive a car either, they could mistake the turning lane for the straight lane and get into a head on collision.
And never go hunting because you are guaranteed to shoot yourself.
And never go fishing because you could drown.
And for goodness sakes don't cook on a gas stove because you'll burn your house down.
We perform dangerous tasks every day, any one of which could kill us.
Or maybe we shouldn't be allowed to do any of those things, but that sounds more like imprisonment than life

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing they're trying to hit all the e-cig forums - they hit reddit about a month ago but didn't get the warmest of receptions. I say "they", could really be just one person and their sock puppets (On some of the reddit threads, it was all of them just talking to each other about how great hiliq is (all registered the same day).

Yes, zoe-vaper is there. Funniest post? https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...h_website_do_you_recommend_for_eliquids_guys/

And the one where A_Shelly777 posted and forget she was a puppet so posted with "her" email addy in the post https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/2qwdrt/what_flavor_do_you_use_most/
Busted :)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Example
17seudoonh781jpg.jpg

Um, it's entirely possible that in a stressed or rushed state a person could leave/drop their 10ml bottle of 6mg nic that they carry for refill in public and a toddler find it, drink it and die.

You're all bent out of shape because an accident can happen? It's true. Accidents can happen. The only nic death I'm aware of in the last few months didn't have anything to do with pure nic.

I strongly recommend that anyone that uses pure nic cut it to at least 10%(100mg/ml) before mixing. And by all means, know what concentrations you are mixing with. And mixing or not, do your best not to leave a bottle of flavored nic where a toddler can drink it at any strength.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok folks, after all this drama and sock puppet/shill action, how many people would order from Hiliq now? Personally, I won't because I source my DIY stuff in the U.S. and am not willing to pay $20 for DHL shipping for flavorings and also I have a personal policy of not patronizing stores or companies that use unethical and dated marketing techniques such as sock puppets and shills.

Hiliq, you blew it big time here. Looks like Reddit members called you out, and perhaps ECF too.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Pauly Walnuts @Time you two are not getting it.
999mg is deadly toxic, fumes and liquid. Honestly you run less risk of getting fucked up handling live wild rattlers.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
999mg is deadly toxic, fumes and liquid. Honestly you run less risk of getting fucked up handling live wild rattlers.

Nobody has said that it is not dangerous.

Nobody is asking you to use it. That is your choice.

Now. How about you recognize that some people may choose to use it and that it is their choice to do so?

If it is too dangerous for you, nobody is going to force you to use it. I don't force people that think vaping is dangerous to vape. I sure won't force anyone to use pure nic. There is nothing for you to be uncorked over. Nobody is forcing you to do anything and surely you should not be bent out of shape if I choose to use it.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But don't worry, my hands never shake to drop a small drop
Pure nic margin for error is pretty slim, imo make a small base batch to last a few weeks instead of opening the poison every other day to mix!

Roll the dice LESS OFTEN. Be safe and know what you'll do IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE. Don't figure it out for the first time during a spill or splash!

All these warnings and no procedure. Consumers still have the responsibility to know how to handle a LD50 toxin, and how to handle a spill or splash is not mentioned. Seriously, go down to the local hazmat drop, buy an employee lunch, and interview him instead of asking the internet peanut gallery how to ACTUALLY HANDLE THE SH*T, wouldn't trust HiLiQ's advice after failing to advise making a base first... LOLOLOL

Last edited:

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, I completely get it.
Its called 'principle'. In principle, if we are banned from one dangerous thing, we should be banned from all dangerous things. As a whole, driving a car every day is much deadlier than anything else we do, because we do it all the time. So in principle, I will not support restrictions for other dangerous things, since im allowed to drive a car, own a gun, and smoke cigarettes. Its just not a balanced approach.

And Big Nasty, speaking of unbalanced approaches, your points may go a bit farther if you didnt resort to profanity spewing and name calling, while you fly off the handle towards someone, for an idea you dont agree with.
Ive seen it often on this thread and others, and it gives your stances zero credibility.

This thread isnt really the time or place, but I figured others were getting called out, so why not one more.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whatever condone the single bottle of mixing pure nic.
Darwin and Murphy will catch up to whoever does it.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No, I'm awaiting for Ryan to give me one for my next purchase if there is, since my order has already been made.
Seems like you already have it.

Attachments

• hiliq.png
    hiliq.png
    40 KB · Views: 28

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I am still waiting for the answer on this simple question:

@Vaperyan If I buy pure nicotine from you what do you declare it as to customs?

It is a very Simple question and I need a simple answer without misdirection.

PLEASE ANSWER THIS FOR US.

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still waiting for the answer on this simple question:

@Vaperyan If I buy pure nicotine from you what do you declare it as to customs?
They actually answer this on their FB page, July 2014:
10 Safety Measures on how to use Pure Nicotine.
By: HiLIQ (www.hiliq.com/?nl)

1. HiLIQ’s Pure Nicotine is only marked with red dot on its bottle. We do not imprinted “Nicotine” for customs’ checking purposes. Keep it away from children at all times and inform adults of the content of the bottle so to avoid misuse.

o_O

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
[I said:
We do not imprinted “Nicotine” for customs’ checking purposes.[/I]

So what do they "imprint" it as?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I want @Vaperyan to tell me what he puts on the customs form when he ships pure nicotine.

It's a simple question and I think we all deserve a simple answer from HIM.

spdy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Funny- We don't even know the actual quality and taste of this nicotine.

Today you can buy 100 mg nicotine from multiple sources in the U.S. ($40-50 per liter with free shipping) for less than HiLiq's price. We already
know the quality and taste from hundreds of reviews. Why bother sourcing from China when a better value can be had in our own backyard?

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi @5150sick, we declare it as VG.
In a PM with another vu member, I stood up for hi liq's shipping policies, believing they were in accordance with safety procedure and US law.
I now see I was wrong and I apologize.
I'd like to know what US customs would say if they knew this information.....

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are not here to bother all of you who do not need our service. We do not force anyone to buy and we are just open to those who needs us. If you have current supplier and enjoying it, we are happy to know there are a lot of sources out there satisfying many users. It's a good thing for the community. Afterall, we are just one of the sources and if people feels the need to order from us, interested with the products we offer, we are happy to serve and offer what we have. We respect all the recommendation and info and we have done our part. We listened and we are happy with the results, big credit goes out to your voices.

So far, our global clientelle is happy with our service and we will keep to satisfying them. They mainly buys because they know and agree with the terms and conditions we laid on the website. They know exactly what they need and the product they are buying. It's a two way relationship. The vaping community have high sense of responsibility and intelligence so we leave to them the choice, so as to all of you here.

I would love to answer all of your questions but it seems to becoming a bullet hitting right back to us. We are here as Authorized Wholesale supplier and not as a vendor. So our target consumers are different. I hope everybody can share some love to HiLIQ and to me as a newbie in the Forum.

Thanks, VU!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In a PM with another vu member, I stood up for hi liq's shipping policies, believing they were in accordance with safety procedure and US law.
I now see I was wrong and I apologize.
I'd like to know what US customs would say if they knew this information.....
I am sorry I got snarly with ya man.
With that revelation I am a wee bit shocked.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
All it would take is ONE broken bottle or ONE random search from US customs!
Who do you all think would catch the charge?
China vendor (out of US customs jurisdiction)
OR
US buyer (IN US customs jurisdiction) ?

VU Sponsors