Become a Patron!

Raymo's Boreas RTA First Impression....Coil Build...and Stuff....

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
DAMN! So i wicked the 2.5 mm deck and ive had zero leaks. Not even an fn drop- which makes no sense because the 2 mm deck leaked like a mofo. Also-im using all vg so it makes even less sense except on the 2mm deck, one of the posts is slanted inward. Im just curious if anyone knows if/how the slight inward slant would cause it to leak? Im loving this leak free beast now!
It shouldn't have an effect at all, and it's pretty normal with Velocity style decks. I'd question the o-rings and cotton placement first.

Just stopped by to say your design rocks Roxy!
Absolutely loving my black Boreas. It actually put my Aromamizer Supreme on the back burner. Because of a difficult to operate JFC and condensation issues around the air holes. Unlike the Boreas, that has a smooth (one handed) JFC/AFC and stays dry around the air holes.

Personally, I think Steam Crave over complicated the JFC design on the Supreme. From thoes tiny rice pins. To the fatal flaw (at least on the one I own) of tightening the tank section putting pressure and binds the JFC. Making it impossible to turn.

So... kudos Roxy, for an all around flawless design. With a brilliant JFC/AFC system.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just stopped by to say your design rocks Roxy!
Absolutely loving my black Boreas. It actually put my Aromamizer Supreme on the back burner. Because of a difficult to operate JFC and condensation issues around the air holes. Unlike the Boreas, that has a smooth (one handed) JFC/AFC and stays dry around the air holes.

Personally, I think Steam Crave over complicated the JFC design on the Supreme. From thoes tiny rice pins. To the fatal flaw (at least on the one I own) of tightening the tank section putting pressure and binds the JFC. Making it impossible to turn.

So... kudos Roxy, for an all around flawless design. With a brilliant JFC/AFC system.

Glad to hear you like Boreas, and the all in one jfc/afc :)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It shouldn't have an effect at all, and it's pretty normal with Velocity style decks. I'd question the o-rings and cotton placement first.

Those were my suggestions, but they weren't helpful. Any other ideas? I ran out :(

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a leaning positive post, it doesn't make any difference, no leaks.....nadda...works the same as the other Boreas with straight posts...I assume the insulator is jacked in some fashion...not manufactured properly.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those were my suggestions, but they weren't helpful. Any other ideas? I ran out :(
Defective seal on the insulator around the pin? That or a defect in the machining. The only other ways I could see air getting through. And sorry, I didn't see your earlier response. Leaking means a broken seal somewhere, and since the tank works with one deck and not the other you can take a safe bet that it's the deck at fault.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Leaking means a broken seal somewhere, and since the tank works with one deck and not the other you can take a safe bet that it's the deck at fault.
Would assume so too. What else could it be?....nothing I could think of.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would assume so too. What else could it be?....nothing I could think of.
There's really no other reason I know of, leaking means that vacuum like effect is being lost somewhere. If one deck works and the other doesn't you can safely eliminate any other aspect in the tank, so it comes down to that deck. You only have a few pieces here. There's no o-rings on the decks themselves just on that little bottom portion. So a distortion of that bottom disk on the deck could be failing to seal that. The pin or the insulators around it could be the entry point for the air. Or the machining of the deck itself has some issue that's leaking the air. It'd be hard to tell what it is as it could be just slightly off and boom issue.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my black Boreas today. Really like it so far. Filled up my man cave with Vapor clouds in no time. Now a question for the Boreas pros. The first time I refilled from the top, I followed the included instructions. I got a lot of dripping of juice from the drip tip while it was upside down. Then when taking top off, quite a few bubbles came up through remaining juice. After filled up, everything seems fine. I don't notice any leaking out of air holes, and it vapes awesome. Using dual 3mm SS clapton coils with quit a bit of cotton wick. Also using the smaller holed deck with 50/50 juice. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HD

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got my black Boreas today. Really like it so far. Filled up my man cave with Vapor clouds in no time. Now a question for the Boreas pros. The first time I refilled from the top, I followed the included instructions. I got a lot of dripping of juice from the drip tip while it was upside down. Then when taking top off, quite a few bubbles came up through remaining juice. After filled up, everything seems fine. I don't notice any leaking out of air holes, and it vapes awesome. Using dual 3mm SS clapton coils with quit a bit of cotton wick. Also using the smaller holed deck with 50/50 juice. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HD
HD...did you notice if the o-ring was in place below the drip tip?

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HD...did you notice if the o-ring was in place below the drip tip?
I believe so. I will check that next time I get low on juice. The way it's working, that might be in about ten minutes. :) Would that effect the vacuum though? It's working fine right now. Air holes not weeping any juice. No gurgling like it's flooding.

HD

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't believe how fast this thing can drain the tank. Wow. Where is all the juice going? I'm going to go through more juice in an hour than I do all day at work with a single coil tfv4 mini!

HD

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

HD
Flip upside down and the air goes up into the base area. There's a lot of stuff in there. Close the airflow/juice flow and you close it off. Upon flipping back over there's still all those nooks and crannies that has air in them, that's being filled with juice and causing bubbles when you release the pressure by opening the top cap (or so my guess is), doesn't necessarily mean it's getting down into the deck, though a LOT of bubbles would certainly worry me. As for juice coming out of the top while it's upside down, I don't get a lot, but there's always a few drops, that's just the buildup in the chamber. If you have a lot that may be due to the thinner juice pooling down in the deck or something like that. Not totally sure, could be a bunch of different little things I'd think.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, maybe I did a noob mistake. This was my very first dual coil build. I just refilled after vaping almost a full tank. This time, no liquid came out of drip tip. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't give the cotton ample time to swell a little before topping off the tank, right after the first build. I do know that I'm going to have to mix up some more DIY juice at this rate.

HD

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't believe how fast this thing can drain the tank. Wow. Where is all the juice going? I'm going to go through more juice in an hour than I do all day at work with a single coil tfv4 mini!

HD
LOL HD......:D

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

HD
It's almost sticking a straw in the tank! Thank Roxy it's 8ml!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Raymo.....I finally installed a set of your coils, best I've ever used....they heat perfectly, ohm-ed out at .34...(Perfect)....:)

Sorry about the poor picture, I couldn't get my camera to do a macro.....:(

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo.....I finally installed a set of your coils, best I've ever used....they heat perfectly, ohm-ed out at .34...(Perfect)....:)

Sorry about the poor picture, I couldn't get my camera to do a macro.....:(

You liked them spaced out huh? I usually bunch mine up so they are touching but if it works then keep it there! Im glad your getting use out of them!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You liked them spaced out huh? I usually bunch mine up so they are touching but if it works then keep it there! Im glad your getting use out of them!
I'm vaping it now....works like a dream....love the spaced coils, seem to get better flavor.....!

Thanks again Ray.....those coils lite up perfectly....!!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Raymo....I'm going to need to place another order the week ahead...I gave a few of your coils to my men after we finished working today. When they seen me lite that baby up jaws dropped....none of us have used claptons before. My first experiment was with the UD wire the other day, but that wire isn't even in the same category of your coils. I was stunned how evenly the coils fired without touching them. I brushed a 3 mm rod through um a couple times but that was it.....:vino:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo....I'm going to need to place another order the week ahead...I gave a few of your coils to my men after we finished working today. When they seen me lite that baby up jaws dropped....none of us have used claptons before. My first experiment was with the UD wire the other day, but that wire isn't even in the same category of your coils. I was stunned how evenly the coils fired without touching them. I brushed a 3 mm rod through um a couple times but that was it.....:vino:
Ill make them have a bit more surface area this go around if you want..Im glad you enjoyed them!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
55 watts with the UD clapton wire was all I could take.....the juice became too damn hot. Your build heats perfectly...!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It blows my mind what a good coil can do for a great vaping experience....it's like night and day.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
More surface Area + Heat Flux = Much Better Experience ;) Its all math bud, anything can be tuned for a great vape..you just got to build for it! :eek::cloud:
^^^^^True Dat^^^^^,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:cheers:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Raymo....I didn't realize what a piece of shit camera I had until trying macro shots....it won't...dammit.

Anyway, I put one of your Claptons on the bottom fed Maker RDA I got from Catfish attys. Notice he milled the "M" off the front of the Maker prior to shipping....I dislike logos on RDA's and so does Catfish. This atty has some fantastic airflow, similar to the Manta design, air goes down and hits the side or underside of the coil depending on how the coil is positioned on the deck.

This one coil was .39 so I can't use duels until my DNA 200 squonker is finished. I don't have any squonkers that will fire below .3 safely.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Raymo....I didn't realize what a piece of shit camera I had until trying macro shots....it won't...dammit.

Anyway, I put one of your Claptons on the bottom fed Maker RDA I got from Catfish attys. Notice he milled the "M" off the front of the Maker prior to shipping....I dislike logos on RDA's and so does Catfish. This atty has some fantastic airflow, similar to the Manta design, air goes down and hits the side or underside of the coil depending on how the coil is positioned on the deck.

This one coil was .39 so I can't use duels until my DNA 200 squonker is finished. I don't have any squonkers that will fire below .3 safely.

That one coil should provide a decent vape around 60w though...110w when Dualed!

awoodby

Member For 4 Years
Fantastic looking tank, I've heard elsewhere the flavor is great. Have to look up the Alleria now, I think it's time for yet *another* tank (you jerks! :)

I DO like the space for the build deck, hate the shorts and fiddling to make things all fit!

VU Sponsors