rayon cellucotton?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I know I'm an asshole. Sometimes I wish I wasn't. Let me say right now I was not insulting anyone or trying to offend/piss anyone off. I'm just rough around the edges.

But one thing I am very, passionate, about is the spread of misinformation. I hate it, it bothers the hell out of me. Because a lot of people genuinely cannot be fucked to have a single thought of their own, so what they see they believe.

That's why you still have idiots saying vaping certain flavors causes popcorn lung. Despite the fact popcorn lung and the chemical associated with it were unknowns before vaping even happened. We don't really know exactly what chemical caused it, we still don't, and diacetyl is in cigarettes in far greater amounts than ejuice and there has never been a smoker who got popcorn lung. Yet people still believe diacetyl is definitely going to kill them for sure. All because some 'Doctor' went on a testing binge oacine day, it's not even his fault either, it's the people who saw his results and flipped out. You had ejuice companies pulling flavors, reformulating entire lines, it was chaos. All over fucking hearsay.

To this day, I buy flavors and see "NO DIACETYL" written on it somewhere, meaning companies are still actively paying to test for it in their flavors despite it having zero link to doing anything harmful. YEARS ago this happened, and it still has an effect. This is why I flipped my shit.

Back in the day people were terrified of Nichrome once Kanthal came out because of the Nickel content, now people are scared of Nickel in some circles. That's cool, I hate TC. But don't tell people nickel is DEFINITELY going to kill them when medical science can't even say that for sure.

That's just the ripples inside the community. Outside is where it REALLY gets harmful, as the MSM is still touting that vaping causes popcorn lung shit, using it against us. When we fuck ourselves, people later on will find those tools and use them to fuck us on a much greater scale. You're essentially leaving a knife on the table and walking away. It's only a matter of time before someone finds it and uses it, god knows for what intention. You are literally loading bullets into BT's gun when you speculate on something being harmful or not with no evidence. Because they DAMNED SURE don't care if it's true, whatever scares people, they love it. If they got a hold of this, the headline would read:

Vaping wicking material linked to caustic acids that will kill your children, more at 6! (Also cigarettes make you live forever AND whiten your teeth, buy some!)

I don't need to tell you what happens next, do I? Obviously that's a bit of hyperbole, but the point is still there. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot, okay?

Last edited:

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I know I'm an asshole. Sometimes I wish I wasn't. Let me say right now I was not insulting anyone or trying to offend/piss anyone off. I'm just rough around the edges.

But one thing I am very, passionate, about is the spread of misinformation. I hate it, it bothers the hell out of me. Because a lot of people genuinely cannot be fucked to have a single thought of their own, so what they see they believe.

That's why you still have idiots saying vaping certain flavors causes popcorn lung. Despite the fact popcorn lung and the chemical associated with it were unknowns before vaping even happened. We don't really know exactly what chemical caused it, we still don't, and diacetyl is in cigarettes in far greater amounts than ejuice and there has never been a smoker who got popcorn lung. Yet people still believe diacetyl is definitely going to kill them for sure. All because some 'Doctor' went on a testing binge oacine day, it's not even his fault either, it's the people who saw his results and flipped out. You had ejuice companies pulling flavors, reformulating entire lines, it was chaos. All over fucking hearsay.

To this day, I buy flavors and see "NO DIACETYL" written on it somewhere, meaning companies are still actively paying to test for it in their flavors despite it having zero link to doing anything harmful. YEARS ago this happened, and it still has an effect. This is why I flipped my shit.

Back in the day people were terrified of Nichrome once Kanthal came out because of the Nickel content, now people are scared of Nickel in some circles. That's cool, I hate TC. But don't tell people nickel is DEFINITELY going to kill them when medical science can't even say that for sure.

That's just the ripples inside the community. Outside is where it REALLY gets harmful, as the MSM is still touting that vaping causes popcorn lung shit, using it against us. When we fuck ourselves, people later on will find those tools and use them to fuck us on a much greater scale. You're essentially leaving a knife on the table and walking away. It's only a matter of time before someone finds it and uses it, god knows for what intention. You are literally loading bullets into BT's gun when you speculate on something being harmful or not with no evidence. Because they DAMNED SURE don't care if it's true, whatever scares people, they love it. If they got a hold of this, the headline would read:

Vaping wicking material linked to caustic acids that will kill your children, more at 6! (Also cigarettes make you live forever AND whiten your teeth, buy some!)

I don't need to tell you what happens next, do I? Obviously that's a bit of hyperbole, but the point is still there. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot, okay?
The way I look at it is anything vape related is better than cigarettes.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The way I look at it is anything vape related is better than cigarettes.

And I wasn't even THAT scared of cigarettes. My wife and 6 doctors constantly on my ass about smoking finally made me throw up my hands and say "fuck it, I'll start vaping then". That finally shut 'em up. :)

In all honesty though, I do enjoy not having coughing fits every time I try to talk, not having ashes and fire dropping all over my clothes and the floor, AND I can vape anywhere - even when I have to spend time in the hospital on occasion. I just have to be stealthy and cool about it. They don't like it if you do it blatantly out in the wide open. ;)

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Your last 2 posts are well put Mikhail Naumov.
One gets tired of reading then re-reading over and over again the same garbage all the time. Especially in FB vaping groups some of the posts they think are a community service and helping others become aware are more destructive in the long run. Stand up and tell them that and you get flamed for being heartless and uncaring cause some idiot doesn't know how to handle batteries or leaves their juice on the table where a dog or kid can find it...No fukkin common sense nowdays.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's sort of a two way street of fuckey, because even good advice (like Mooch's battery tests) that can help people can be twisted into almost a fucking religion by some people. Then they get all overbearing and slam anyone who doesn't conform to their strict rule set and call them an idiot. The reality is, if you know what you're doing, truly, you can step a bit outside the lines and still be fine. Obviously not TOO far, but.

People just need to stop parroting the shit they read online, in general. All the answers to all the questions in the world at our fingertips and all most of us can be fucked to use this tool for is to order pizza. Why ask questions when the safe, nice MSM can tell you what to believe? It's no different with shit like this, just on a smaller scale.

Think for yourself, that's the point I'm pushing here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors