Become a Patron!

RBA build for a newbie on a tfv4 mini?

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So me and my roomate have a bit of a rivalry, that currently winning by a fair margin (I have a tfv4 on a ipv5, while he has a eleaf pico mega 80W)

However, when we are chilling in the common area, he's toking and I'm putting out moderate clouds on a stock coil (clapton Vertical premade coil I think, I'll check again when I take it apart next).

I'm pushing the max of 90W on this coil occasionally, but usually hanging out around 60-70w. The coil is .34 ohms, 90W makes 5.37 volts, but a refreshing, flavorful, warm vape with the bottom airflow wide open and the top one partial.

Unfortunately, I can still see his ugly mug. Any ideas for coils that are simple enough to build for a newbie to building? I have 3 tfv4 decks, so I can experiment. Ones single coil, one is triple coil, and one is a clapton deck with 4 screws (that I'm thinking about building a large dual coil kanthal on... I plan on posting a 'Will It Vape' thread on the buildable thread for fun, where
people can guess if a coil will work. Might be fun.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You got a mighty finicky atty to rewick. Putting the coil build in is easy but its the wicking that's the challenge. I run at around 50% hit or miss the TFV4 single coil RBA wicking so it don't leak. The dual RBA is another story it frustrated me so bad that I wont even bother with the dual RBA at all any more, after the umpteenth drain, rewick, refill and leak I just gave up before I tossed it against the wall. Sorry to say the TFV4 didnt do it for me so they sit on the shelf gathering dust.

Redchigh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's for saying that, I thought it was just my bad wicking skill.

I've wicked 5 coils on different decks. Only one was smokable for a while.

VU Sponsors