Become a Patron!

RBA with high airflow

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have an Aspire Nautilus tank that has 1.8 mm airflow. I was hoping to be able to use this tank for lung hits but it is still to tight for me to do so comfortably. Are there any recommendations for a RBA that has enough air flow for lung hits? How large should I be looking for?

Last edited:

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really impressed with the tugboat. Two big ol' holes makes for the easiest lung hits out of all the other RDAs I have.
But i really want to check out the mutation x.
That thing looks like a beast

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have an Aspire Nautilus tank that has 1.8 mm airflow. I was hoping to be able to use this tank for lung hits but it is still to tight for me to do so comfortably. Are there any recommendations for a RDA that has enough air flow for lung hits? How large should I be looking for?

No problem finding a dripper for that. If you still want a tank though, the Orchid is awesome. Easiest lung hits of any tank system I have ever used, because of dual air vents. Literally just breathe in.

Also, if you don't really want to rebuild, Aerotanks draw much better than anything from Aspire. They were my favorite for lung hits before I got the Orchid.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That Orchid looks awesome, but I can't find any in stock. Any recommendations?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Orchid looks awesome, but I can't find any in stock. Any recommendations?

Ebay if you want one fast, like @
I have two more on their way from FT. Version 2 with the bottom fill port might be the better way to go for you. Easier and less messy.

There are threads here that show you how to build, like http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-properly-build-on-a-orchid-clone.14362/#post-121413

If you get it and are looking for tanks with more juice capacity follow this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-properly-build-on-a-orchid-clone.14362/#post-121413

Last edited:

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and ordered it but am curious if it is worth getting the real deal instead of a clone. The only ones I can find that are available are clones. Given the real deal is ~$150, is it worth the price? I have no problem paying it if it is worth it but given that I have not been completely satisfied with my tanks so far (3 so far). Given the price, I would probably notice small issues and they would bother me more than they should.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and ordered it but am curious if it is worth getting the real deal instead of a clone. The only ones I can find that are available are clones. Given the real deal is ~$150, is it worth the price? I have no problem paying it if it is worth it but given that I have not been completely satisfied with my tanks so far (3 so far). Given the price, I would probably notice small issues and they would bother me more than they should.

I dunno, suit yourself. Every clone I got has worked fine with good quality, with the Tobeco barely a better finish than the cheapest FT. I've already scrapped a V1 base trying to install a fill port, so I'm glad it can be replaced cheaply. FT has all the parts.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would spend $12 on a V2 with bottom fill (like you did) and if you like it, want to stick with it and want an authentic, then spend the $150... once they release a V2 with bottom fill. I hear they are doing a 2 piece chimney. Silly not to, but I have to say that I have no issues with a 1 piece. Wicks easy and when I take it off the wicks are right where I put them when I capped it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Kayfun Lite Plus give you the option of opening the sucker all the way up to practically no resistance on the airflow.

But you need to check the position of the adjustment screw every time you fill or mess with the tank in anyway. The screw likes to back itself out for some unknown reason and try to lock the tank bottom in place with the 510 connection of our device making it necessary to get the pliers for removal.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just want to say, went with the Orchid clone, it is awesome. Thanks for the good advice.

bryce666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a tobh clone. I have to say it hits hard. Some builds I do on this are too much throat hit for me. I am coming off of using a nautilus mini. I loved it, flavor was great. I outgrew the airflow, which I assume you have also. The large tobh would be more than enough for you I would assume.

VU Sponsors