Become a Patron!

RDA arrived-now what set up?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people, hope your all OK. My El cabron clone come today by tobeco, includes all the drip tips of the original and is high quality.

So far, I have tried 2 micro coils, And a macro coil. It was weird getting my head round adding another coil was bringing the OHMS down, not up, so I was baffled for a while.

I got lots of Kanthal, so am going to try making a few different coils, but this thing is like a fog machine compared to the nautilus.

What set up would you go with, and why? Lowest my device can handle is 0.3, but I want to go a bit higher than this, from 0.5 to 1.0, or even above if it produces good clouds.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What gauge kanthal you working with?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am using 26 gauge. I am currently using a sleeper coil at 1 OHM, this thing is amazing. I understand my battery life will suffer going from 1.8 to 1.0 ohms, but I have 2 more samsungs on the way for that problem.

I just wanted to ask what is the actual idea of subohminig? Like with my wire I can get more vapour and the coil looks the right size around 1 ohm. (sleeper coil is 1 ohm, but most singles I have made have been around 0.8 ohms give or take. This produces plumes of vapour, so what is the idea of going lower?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More plumes, warmer vape

i actually have a authentic el cabron and have had it for awhile now so ive gone throught a lot of builds my favorite so far is actually dual twisted 26 gauge 5 wraps at 3mm inner at about 70 watts with the medium drip tip. gives me amazing flavor and just great clouds it does put me about .2ohms yes thats lower than what ur aiming for though. the trick ive found to is trying to get the coils to b in the most center as possible for better wicking from both ends

VU Sponsors