Become a Patron!

RDA catches on fire!!!

Ok, so I have a dual coil setup with 26 guage kanthal wire. Ive got 7 wraps each, and they both heat up evenly, I wick it, juice it, and it still catches on fire if I take more than a 2 second hit! Ive double checked the screws and all the connections, ive tried changing the cotton, making new coils, but none of it seems to work. Could it be my batteries? Any help at all would be much appreciated!!!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gonna need some details...what mod are you using? if its regulated, what are your settings (watts)? what is the resistance of your build? how is the vape off it for the first two seconds?

the mod is a vaporesso revenger and I use the blizz rda. I usually vape at 60-70 watts depending on what juice I'm using, and it ohms out at .35. its a good vape as far as flavor but it slowly turns into a burnt and disgusting taste

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i cant think of anything that would make a .35 catch fire in two seconds at 70w...i dont know anything about the mod, have you seen anyone else mention problems with it (try searching the forums)? a fairly popular mod (battlestar) recently had a bad batch that would fire at max power, regardless of what the screen/settings were at. in my room mates case, it was pretty random about how it happened. it could fire a .2 at 80w properly, but if you put it down to 47w it would fire at 200w. it was so violent (lots of loud crackling and hissing vapor) that it was very clear there was something wrong the moment you hit the button...but it never caught on fire on her.

has it ever worked properly with this same configuration (rda/coils/wattage setting), or did this just start to happen? the only thing i can think of after typing this all out is that your coils might be barely touching the cap or airflow ring and shorting out or making an arc or hotspot somewhere.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try the setup on another mod? some mods have been known to run wide open due to a fault in them.

Maybe a loose coil connection causing a very hot spot?

VU Sponsors