Become a Patron!

RDA for huge clouds

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The El Cabron is an amazing atty for clouds. It has massive post holes, and the deck is easy to build on. It also has massive airflow so you can build as low as you like without having to worry about it getting too hot to vape.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
66ae05712d7705fdb0f4f6d55011e75f.jpg
9e772a293590720f27defe294f99173f.jpg

Twisted Messes atty all the way. The best thing about it in my opinion is that the airflow ring is on the outside. That means you can build all the way to the edge of the deck without the afc hitting your coils. That was a big problem for for me with all the mutation x's. Drop an awesome build in there only to find out that the afc fins hit the coils when you adjust them. Also the post holes on the twisted messes atty are 3mm, so i have yet to encounter a coil that doesn't just slip right in. Good luck on your search!

Rekonball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twisted messes clone at broke vapes about 16 bucks.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think were The slot car people of the past I like it. I produce clouds so dense I am amazed. Then I think, I Don't Smoke. Damn nice hobby. :cool:

NickG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Finally! Got my new mech mod and rda. Fuhattan with velocity rda. Lovin it

Attachments

• 20150726_195231.jpg
    20150726_195231.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 45

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I second the el cabron. I have dual claptons in there, and at 80 watts plus it might as well be a night club fog machine. You also get 3 different drip tips with the El cabron of different bore, spare posts, and a few more spares in a nice little baggie.

My missus has a mutation X V4 which is OK, but I much prefer the el cabron for cloud chasing if I try the same build in them.

Ruben

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Currently running a mutation V4, and with my current build I have no issues fogging out an entire bar. I am waiting on an authentic velocity rda, it shipped today. My issue with any 3 post design is the crowded build decks. When you start getting into some crazy advanced coils it's a absolute pain in the rear, the funny thing is I got the idea for a twin post rda before I saw the velocity, had a drawing done and along comes the velocity which was almost exactly what I had designed on my cocktail napkin. Avid got my 115 bucks.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Honestly, any RDA with adjustable airflow is capable of huge clouds. It really comes down to your ability to build (safely) and the flexibility of the deck in terms of the coils it can accomodate :p

cutevape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
chasing, I love the El Cabron. Deeper juice well so you aint gotta keep refilling, and I get beastly clouds from it. I never see that recommended much, But I prefer that to the mutation for cloud chasin
For cloud chasing, I love the El Cabron. Deeper juice well so you aint gotta keep refilling, and I get beastly clouds from it. I never see that recommended much, But I prefer that to the mutation for cloud chasing.
I love the mutation too,no matter for the cloud chaser or juice flavor

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep,get one,catch the time lol
I just might do that.
I'm not really a cloud chaser, don't get me wrong I want good vapor.
Would a mini mutation be a better choice. I haven't used either yet.

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not one mention of the Kennedy comp? Yikes. Anyways, that Atty gets my vote. The Plume Veil is also a great cloud machine, with great flavor to boot.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The atty3 is a good cloud machine with good flavor. Same thing for the troll but the troll gets hot kinda fast due to thin topcap walls.
And of course any mutation will cloud out a room. I'm using the v3 26650 verison and can run 8-9 wraps of fused claptons and still have deck space.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im not really a cloud chaser, I did just use the dark horse with chub cap for a change of pace for clouds as I like the airflow and buildin gon it....but the flavour for me has always been pretty pish on it. When you vape with the Exthermal you REALLy notice a dripper that lacks in the flavour department, I had not actually bought a dripper in 3 months since getting TWO exthermals....but I did decide to gamble on a few fast tech clones, a couple of which are great for the cloud chasers:

Aromamiser RDA V1: Good flavour, very good in fact....however they totally bodged this by giving non adjustable airflow on a dripper with "cyclone" airflow....which is basically very little! A good different vape but....meh

Aromamiser RDTA (authentic): A lot of people are raving about this, it is basically a rebuildable dripper in a tank. Ridiculous amount of airflow on a tank, key word being ridiculous as in way too much. Also totally over rated flavour, my chutulu is better! Great innovation that Im sure will be a game changer and improve....dont buy into the hype though, without knowing whats inside, this is just an average decent tank

13 heavens 9 hells: I believe the authentic is by the same people that made twisted messes and is supposedly similar to elcarbron (not used either so cant comment). Surprise of the bunch for me. Only negative is the small well. 4 posts, easy to build, big holes for those that like crazy coils, looks nice, GREAT airflow. I usually vape at around 50watts but @ 0.3ohms this is a very cool vape @72watts AND it has decent flavour. Basically this is what I wanted the dark horse to do but it actually does. Change of pace, clouds and flavour from my normal vape...sure this would be a very pleasant purchase for cloud chasers, Im pleased with it even though it isnt my type of vape generally at all, highly recommended.

Velocity: This really is a great dripper. Innovative and very easy to build, top marks for that. Best and biggest range of airflow I have had on any dripper I have owned and good flavour. This is basically a dripper for lots of people not just cloud chasers. Pretty much anybody that subohms can get a great vape off of this. Saying that, although it doesnt have the innovative build or airflow of the velocity, you can put any reasonable build on the exthermal and it performs well and none of these come close to it in terms of flavour.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0ace1701645c495bd07d56b39984deff.jpg
accb88f81a4364febb742a73d6e31f97.jpg

I keep coming back to the Dark Horse..
I've tried alot of different RDA's and for me the Dark Horse just can't be beat for clouds...The big chuff cap helps to keep my deep lung hits cooler allowing more air (vapor) into my lungs..Delrin chuff cap stays cool too, even with my low sub ohm builds....
Shown here with dual parallel 24g nichrome at .15 ohms this thing blows clouds like a steam locomotive at 80w on the IPV3. I also like the square center post because I can really tighten down the screw without spinning the post..and this is a clone too....

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a few friends that would kill me for posting this here lol, petri rda with drilled out posts for 21gauge wire about 4-5 wraps and you're set

The doge v2 makes decent clouds but it whistles and gets hot after a few hard hits. I like mine but I wouldn't parade it at a shop or attempt to compete and practice with it ;)

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
0ace1701645c495bd07d56b39984deff.jpg
accb88f81a4364febb742a73d6e31f97.jpg

I keep coming back to the Dark Horse..
I've tried alot of different RDA's and for me the Dark Horse just can't be beat for clouds...The big chuff cap helps to keep my deep lung hits cooler allowing more air (vapor) into my lungs..Delrin chuff cap stays cool too, even with my low sub ohm builds....
Shown here with dual parallel 24g nichrome at .15 ohms this thing blows clouds like a steam locomotive at 80w on the IPV3. I also like the square center post because I can really tighten down the screw without spinning the post..and this is a clone too....

I kind of agree with you there. Great airflow and build the dark horse. Really does chuck with the chuff cap on as well......its just a shame the flavour is so poor

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kind of agree with you there. Great airflow and build the dark horse. Really does chuck with the chuff cap on as well......its just a shame the flavour is so poor
Well flavor is actually pretty good..
I get my 100% VG max custom mixed at my local shop..usually with a couple of extra flavor shots in a 120ml bottle with
3 mgs of nicotine...that juice is awesome for clouds and flavor too..

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the dark horse was first dripper I got, and still use it regularly. Like yours a clone, and well made posts, screws design etc, never had a problem with it in that way at all unlik with others. But it is probably my most frustrating dripper as it is my favourite to build, it is so well made and machined, the feel of the vape temperature and airflow is superb, it chucks.....but in terms of a dripper the flavour lets it down from being one of the best, everything else is excellent. In terms of an RDA for huge clouds like the thread title, it is definitely right up there though :)

shakka_vapes_act

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Velocity or any mutation the mutation leaking out the holes is bad wicking or overdripping.

shakka_vapes_act

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
22g what? I mean like is it 22g Kanthel?
Nichrome? Gplat maybe? Just curious of your.15/22g dual coil build... Thx

Im running 5 wraps 18g diamond wires in my kennedy 0.1

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only got a mini haze but it puts out some decent clouds. Getting the velocity mini or mini vertex next week though

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am so behind the times - I'm still using a 24g Tobh v.2 atty on my sigelei 150. It vapes really well. My B+M got the 13 heavens and bullet in and tried to convince me to buy. The 13 does vape amazing but their is nothing wrong with my Tobh - easy build deck and easy to juice up.

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sure the V 2.5 is better - but this is my point - any good build with really good wicking will do the job nicely. We just built a spectular coil build for a kanger RBA - really. Single coil fused clapton - yes we got it to fit - at .5 ohm with a really good wick. It vapes comfortably at 55w on my old IPV 70w and produces cloud and taste. My Tobh of course is much better with a .3 ohm dual coil build but only because the wick sits in the juice and saturates. So I can go up to 70w easily. Really it is similar to vaping two 35w sub tanks as the wattage is distributed to both coils.
I find that there are general misconceptions surrounding coil builds but I am not going into that here. Suffice to say you can get great clouds and flavour from most attys if you build them right.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an Airek RDA that really clouds up the place. I heard a guy won multiple cloud comps with the Airek. Check it out.

Happy Vaping!!!
CV

VapeGoon_2015

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently picked up a Fuel Cell from the juice company Mod Fuel. Prob my favorite RDA. I have put some very hot builds on it and it comes out cool if I want it to. The RDA isnt designed for someone wanting to use a single coil. But if you make duel coils its perfect. Deepest juice well I have seen. Very wide bore tip. VERY airy however, you can control it. I like my vapes rather warm. I got a clapton duel coil on there thats 24 and 28g and it is amazing. 115 watts and I have the airflow closed a little to get that nice warm vape but yet thick puffy clouds. Its a 3 post but you can put some BIG coils inside.

snoodles

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just got the Velocity RDA clone this weekend. and yes, it is great for clouds or flavor. you can open it up for a ton of air flow or close it off pretty darn tight. love this thing. just like Rip stated, it's just a well rounded RDA. super easy to build, easy and plentiful air options, nice juice well and great design. i used mine all weekend and don't see myself going back to my little boy or haze mini any time soon.

0622150546_zpsguwk1soy.jpg
0622150547_zpsl2shs7co.jpg

I recently picked up a velocity clone after my mutation x v4 took a dump, mainly because of that rip video. I am just running a simple vertical dual coil set up with 24G 6 wraps and it comes out to about .24 and i absolutely love it, gives great clouds and great flavor.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up a velocity clone after my mutation x v4 took a dump, mainly because of that rip video. I am just running a simple vertical dual coil set up with 24G 6 wraps and it comes out to about .24 and i absolutely love it, gives great clouds and great flavor.
Can you post a cloud pic?

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Mutation Mini isn't too bad as long as the lower air flow holes are plugged, otherwise she's a leaker if not very careful filling it. But for almost half the price, I love my Velocity clone!! As an FNG, it has been my "go to" RDA. The deck is super easy to build, and the juice well is about twice the size. So far I've had great luck with a simple dual 6 wrap twisted 28g build (~0.5ohm). Easy build with great results for me even as a novice.

Theres lots, my favorite for massive cloudage is my Zephyr Buddah coiled at around 0.5 on a a series box. The Clouds are immense lol.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
20150918_205229_resized.jpg Cloud machine. Authentic Buddha Z V2 sitting on the authentic Hammer of God V2. Quad 24g KA1 6 wraps @ 3mm vertical coils clocking @ .14 ohms. 26 5ish watts.

RIP Trippers' favorite RDA is the Velocity (authentics can still be purchased).

the velocity is a great atty for clouds i have two one reg and one mini. both are great and are my favorite to build on. as you can see in my pic i use quad on the reg and i run a dual twisted 22g on the mini. the mini does give off a warmer vape. but both produce good clouds and if the airflow isnt enough just remove the afc cap it looks funny but opens it up a good amount for way more air flow.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
32mm Buddha is ahard one t beat , perhaps the mutation v5 might stand a chance against it ?? time will tell

but you best have a bare minimum of 100+ watts at your disposal,nothing less will do

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
32mm Buddha is ahard one t beat , perhaps the mutation v5 might stand a chance against it ?? time will tell

but you best have a bare minimum of 100+ watts at your disposal,nothing less will do
What about 300+ watts? *evil grin*

vSWpeA0h.jpg

Mutation x v4 all day! Just picked up a clone, and I have to say even the clone OS so extremely well built. I have yet to have an issue with leaking. Tips for that? Proper wicking, and max vg liquid. This thing just chuck clouds, and I can only go down to 0.3 untill my SMOK cube 2 comes in. Best $13 I've spent on vape gear so far without a doubt...

Gudhak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Mutation X V4 is the only RDA i've own (granted I need to order some new o rings) and It's awesome.

PLANETGETLOW

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both to twisted mesess and the troll RDA I believe I can make bigger clouds from the troll.

That velocity RDA looks really nice but man that's a lot of money.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both to twisted mesess and the troll RDA I believe I can make bigger clouds from the troll.

That velocity RDA looks really nice but man that's a lot of money.
I loved my troll but I ran it so long at ~.18-.25 that the insulator finally gave up after almost a year. I need to order another one. In green. And keep my silver barrel but cut it like the cci barrel
91107b38e5c6df12191d1258359de73c.jpg

if the image is against site rules I'll take it down

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Hey there everyone! The Royal Hunter by the Council of Vapors is on its way to my mailbox! This will be my first RDA ever and i did quite some hefty research before investing my $ in the atty. The older versions had philips screws and were so small and soft that it was impossible to screw on and off without tearing through the threads!! needles to say the one now these guys are making is with the allen ranch and allen screws!

A little about the RDA: (At least as much as I've learned uphill now)

The Airflow is directly in line with the coils and is designed in the same of a cellular signal or wifi signal! (exactly like it) Gets a lot of air if thats what your looking for

the design is pretty smooth as the BLACK and GOLD that i ordered has a matt black finish with the gold used by brass so fading might not be of that much an issue!

The aesthetics IMHO is 10/10
The Clouds IMHO 10/10
The Flavor Don't know yet since I've still got to receive it!!

Your drip bore is quite wide and there is filter attached to it to the bottom to prevent spit back. The filter cannot be removed but i think and again i think the drip tip can be changed for an after market one.

The brass on the inside will get dirty in two to three weeks but like everything else Sanitation is a must, At least i think so.

The deck is Rocking a dual post hole positive deck insulted by some sort of ceramic or plastic ( not too sure only seen in videos ) and the post holes are quite nice to fit thicker wire even for dual or quad builds. The negative posts are milled to the deck, I've seen some pretty decent builds on this little critter on youtube. You might want to search!

And last but not the least! the performance, and again this is prior to me receiving it, but IMHO i think this thing should perform and deliver a solid 9/10 on performance! what stress levels does it place on the battery, well ill have to wait and see for my self before i comment on that!

Hope this helps friend,

Cheers,

Gambler!

VU Sponsors