Become a Patron!

RDA Help

Good Morning everyone,
I am brand new to mods and RDA's. I have a DNA clone and just bought a tobh ATTY v2 yesterday. long story short, I am looking to build my own coils but need the right builds to start with. I tried re-wicking the coil built for me yesterday and it broke while taking the old cotton out.
needless to say, I have no knowledge of the correct way to wick, build coils or the best guage kanthal to buy.
Any help would be appreciated.
lastly, my chip wont fire below .3 ohm coils. I would assume that i would get more power out of a 1 to a 1.2 single coil build. please help. just looking for the right starting knowledge

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good morning and welcome to the Underground. First off, what size wire do you have for building? What batteries do you have as well?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you don't have to buy premade coils, they are pretty easy to make. Unless you are still uncomfortable doing so. You can use .8 to .5 on that device pretty effectively. I would try a dual coil build with 28g wire at .8 ohms to see how you like it. Using a 3 mm screwdriver from a 6 piece percision screwdriver set (you can get at the 99 cent store or even most grocery stores) you would wrap the 28g wire into coils with 7 full wraps on each. This will take your resistance to a total of .8 ohms. Will give a good amount of flavor and vapor.

Check out this site here, I use it all the time for help with building coils. ( I would recomend using an ohm meter as well, to help test for shorts on the atty)
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?s=dp&r=0.8&awg=28&id=3

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll second this. Also, the ohm meter is absolutely an essential for everyone. Beginners especially. It's just an extra layer of protection. You never want to find out you have a short the hard way.

Kynetic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely get an ohm reader, a site I use to make sure the coil is even worth attempting and whether it will fit is http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp .

As well take a look at some simple builds from people like Rip and others, often simple builds will pump vapor. Such as the one I have right now. It's 10 wraps of 24g kanthal around a 16g needle. Comes out to 0.5 ohms, pumps vapor.

VU Sponsors