Become a Patron!

RDA needing extremely high wattage

Hey guys,
I've been into vaping for a little while so I decided to finally get an RDA, so I bought the VandyVape Bonza. The guy in the shop set it up for me with dual Demon Killer Staple Staggered Fused Clapton coils that run at 0.3 ohms. So far to get any flavour or a decent amount of cloud I'm having to run it at at least 130 watts, and even then it's rather disappointing from what I'm used to with sub ohm tanks. Is there anything I can do to be getting better flavour and cloud (but preferably flavour) at a lower wattage?

Thanks in advance!

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what I can find I think the demon killer uses too thick of wires. I think the ribbon wire is .1x.5 and people usually use .4 or .3 and the wrap wire looks like 32g and people use 36g as the thickest.

My advice is go to advancedvapesupply.com and purchase their premades. They are cheaper and of good quality. Another place to look is purecoils.com but those are more expensive.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
From what I can find I think the demon killer uses too thick of wires. I think the ribbon wire is .1x.5 and people usually use .4 or .3 and the wrap wire looks like 32g and people use 36g as the thickest.

My advice is go to advancedvapesupply.com and purchase their premades. They are cheaper and of good quality. Another place to look is purecoils.com but those are more expensive.

AVS uses SS,

Purecoils Kanthal and Nichrome and SS - both offer great coils and are VU members

NWOVaper

Member For 1 Year
^^^^^This

Chinese shit wire = shit flavor and shit performance.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Funny you say that, I actually ordered one of those 48 in 1 coil sets coming from china, think it'll perform good enough for my spare piece that's only used periodically?

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Funny you say that, I actually ordered one of those 48 in 1 coil sets coming from china, think it'll perform good enough for my spare piece that's only used periodically?
Ramp up will be horrible but if you can tolerate that, none of them can be used at lower wattage, I think the lowest I've ever ran any of them was 85 watt and up. Moderate flavor at least.

Take everyone's advice (see what I did here? :rolleyes:) and hit up the vendors above. Advanced Vape Supply does have a sale at the moment, 30% off using code "Spring" if I remember correctly or the 20% off due to shipping changes using code "AVS" these codes can't be stacked, but I'm sure if looking for stainless steel, you'll be finding whatever you need.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe show us a pic of your build and wicking? This could all be a case of poorly placed coils and too much cotton.

AVS is my recommendation as well. I like the triple core and fused claptons. Ten packs are around $10 but that’s not reflected in the quality. All my toppers I keep in rotation, with the exception of the petri v2, are single coils so I can go a long time in between orders. AVS is so cheap, unless it’s coils for my kanger subtanks, I rarely wrap wire.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
^^^^^This

Chinese shit wire = shit flavor and shit performance.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Absolutely! When I first got into rebuildables last summer I bought a spool of "alien wire" from demon killer, which was bullshit considering it's a Clapton'd ribbon. To say it sucked would be a compliment. I absolutely despise demon killer wire and would never try it again. Lol, the fucking cotton that came with the spool was of better quality than wire. :giggle:

Wonderful, thanks for the advice guys! I'll order some new coils today what make/coil would you guys recommend for the best flavour production (at as low wattage as possible, preferably?)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Maybe show us a pic of your build and wicking? This could all be a case of poorly placed coils and too much cotton.

AVS is my recommendation as well. I like the triple core and fused claptons. Ten packs are around $10 but that’s not reflected in the quality. All my toppers I keep in rotation, with the exception of the petri v2, are single coils so I can go a long time in between orders. AVS is so cheap, unless it’s coils for my kanger subtanks, I rarely wrap wire.
Sure, here's what I'm rolling with at the moment, but from everyone else's advice I'm assuming it's probably the shitty coils
03c5fc4a324530bb7f781ffdc43a8a41.jpg
1cbfa22cf9bc58aa483600a910bf580b.jpg
d763b586c40a5b0f77384c4f7f203e72.jpg

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wonderful, thanks for the advice guys! I'll order some new coils today what make/coil would you guys recommend for the best flavour production (at as low wattage as possible, preferably?)

Just about everything fits the low wattage build you're looking for except for the single fused Clapton and triple twisted Clapton tend to run at around .5+. Everything else is low-very low. Try AVS premade coils or wired spools you won't be sorry.

Just about everything fits the low wattage build you're looking for except for the single fused Clapton and triple twisted Clapton tend to run at around .5+. Everything else is low-very low. Try AVS premade coils or wired spools you won't be sorry.
Unfortunately I live in the UK so it would take ages to get to me :( I'm trying to find an equivalent UK site at the moment, but thanks for the help!

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For lower wattage maybe try 2x28 fused with 36g or I think they have 30g fused with 40.

VU Sponsors