Become a Patron!

RDA , RTA and RDTA , which do you prefer ?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
RDA's when stationary and dont mind having bottles of juice in hand frequently or nothing needs to be pocketed, RTA's for when out and about or traveling, RDTA's are cool and I have a few but their place in the cosmic scheme of things is yet to be determined.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
did it leaking ?
Guess you heard about the fiasco with the first Kylin’s & its leaking issue. Poor Vandy Vape had to replace so many decks.
I thankfully didnt get the Kylin, but I recently got the Kylin Mini RTA and so far so good! Flavors great! No leaking so far, fingers crossed they fixed that issue. :)

Cindy Tigertek

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
RDA's when stationary and dont mind having bottles of juice in hand frequently or nothing needs to be pocketed, RTA's for when out and about or traveling, RDTA's are cool and I have a few but their place in the cosmic scheme of things is yet to be determined.
I think RDTA in the market still not mature enough

Cindy Tigertek

Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
s
Guess you heard about the fiasco with the first Kylin’s & its leaking issue. Poor Vandy Vape had to replace so many decks.
I thankfully didnt get the Kylin, but I recently got the Kylin Mini RTA and so far so good! Flavors great! No leaking so far, fingers crossed they fixed that issue. :)
sounds great , maybe I should get one , where do you get it ?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What is the difference between a rta and rdta? I'm really enjoying my rda's now compared to my rta's. Maybe its because I used cotton bacon v2 in the rda's and just organic cotton balls in the rta's. Ill rewick the rta's and come back.

Its an RDA with a tank on the bottom and works like a reed diffuser. My limitless is the only one that isn't a pain in the ass to fill.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
While RTA's are convenient for me, I've been considering a squonkable RDTA.
asMODus has Nefarius on the horizon but undecided on whether I like the deck or not since single coil option doesn't look promising.
Being mostly single coiler, I like the deck build on Wasp Nano RDTA including the dual side AF. But it's not sqounkable and if I have to take the cap off to monkey around with filling it, I almost might as well just drip.

Then there's Odis O-Genny V2 BF/TF.
You could leave the top fill cap off and drip or fill tank by dripping (if not on a squonker), if you don't lay it on its side and leave it there. It supposedly performs well even if the deck is flooded up beyond the bottom of the coil, but seeing isn't always believing. Otherwise removing cap then removing top fill stopper seems a pita. The AF looks to keep it leak free. Too bad it doesn't have dual side Af or any bottom AF, but it hits a lot of marks. The design looks really good and I'm sure the machining is impeccable. But not sure it's $100+ price tag, or roughly 3x more than an alternative, is worth it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
While RTA's are convenient for me, I've been considering a squonkable RDTA.
asMODus has Nefarius on the horizon but undecided on whether I like the deck or not since single coil option doesn't look promising.
Being mostly single coiler, I like the deck build on Wasp Nano RDTA including the dual side AF. But it's not sqounkable and if I have to take the cap off to monkey around with filling it, I almost might as well just drip.

Then there's Odis O-Genny V2 BF/TF.
You could leave the top fill cap off and drip or fill tank by dripping (if not on a squonker), if you don't lay it on its side and leave it there. It supposedly performs well even if the deck is flooded up beyond the bottom of the coil, but seeing isn't always believing. Otherwise removing cap then removing top fill stopper seems a pita. The AF looks to keep it leak free. Too bad it doesn't have dual side Af or any bottom AF, but it hits a lot of marks. The design looks really good and I'm sure the machining is impeccable. But not sure it's $100+ price tag, or roughly 3x more than an alternative, is worth it.
@SnapDragon NY has the Pyro RDTA from Vandy Vape & she loves hers in single coil mod. @SnapDragon NY pop in & tell @Vape Fan a little about it :wave:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
@SnapDragon NY has the Pyro RDTA from Vandy Vape & she loves hers in single coil mod. @SnapDragon NY pop in & tell @Vape Fan a little about it :wave:
But I haven't single coiled it yet because all I have is ka 1 24g to get my desired resistance. I'm going to make one from 2x28+32 ss I have on hand and just make the id big enough to get to about 2.5 or 3 ohm without a ton of wraps:devil:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That tells you how much I know about my own wire :teehee:
Wire wizard says 3id/just 5 wraps is 3.5ish :p

I use the Pyro with a Demon Killer Alien Clapton Coil .45Ω and 3mm id and has been working great for me. I fluff up the cotton and just stuff into the holes, but no tails deep in the tank. Love my Pyro so much that I now have 2 of them, both with just a single coil.

20180306_072947.jpg

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Do you mean 3.5 ohms? That’s high. I think you have plenty of room to put a 3.5mm - 4mm i.d. Single coil on the Pyro Rdta ;)
Yeah, 3.5 is high. Meant it as a comparison to my original "big id" blunder in my other post haha.

I think this 2x28x32 wire is falling outside my single coil realm, or close to it.
Even 2.5mm w/5 wraps is 3Ω , and seems larger id would be better for single in Pyro's dual deck. But in this regard, you have to consider my feeble brain. :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I use the Pyro with a Demon Killer Alien Clapton Coil .45Ω and 3mm id and has been working great for me. I fluff up the cotton and just stuff into the holes, but no tails in the tank. Love my Pyro so much that I now have 2 of them, both with just a single coil.
Does it seem airy w/single 3id?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Does it seem airy w/single 3id?
I am a DL vaper and I have the air flow open to half and seems good for me, Too airy- close down the airflow and maybe use a 510 adapter and smaller drip tip. I don't like the included drip tip, so I use the 510 adapter with the Zeus 510 drip tip.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I am a DL vaper and I have the air flow open to half and seems good for me, Too airy- close down the airflow and maybe use a 510 adapter and smaller drip tip. I don't like the included drip tip, so I use the 510 adapter with the Zeus 510 drip tip.
I'm DL too and already partially close AF w/duals. Don't care for 510 tip and use a taller 810 than came with it. Thinking I'll play around with a parallel build using that ss wire, and I'll get some feedback in the steam engine thread. Thanks you 2 -

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
@Pegleg Meg loves her Pyros too- I am not sure if she uses hers in single or dual coil? I think she wraps her own coils too, maybe she can be of help to @Vape Fan ?
Ok, I'll just post it here then.

Wire wizard says, if I entered the info correctly and I think I have:
parallel build, 2x28x32 ss fused clapton w/ 5id and 5 wraps = about 2.5Ω And that resistance can be moved up or down with little adjustment.
What do you think?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I'm DL too and already partially close AF w/duals. Don't care for 510 tip and use a taller 810 than came with it. Thinking I'll play around with a parallel build using that ss wire, and I'll get some feedback in the steam engine thread. Thanks you 2 -
You have the Crius ll, I do too- and I think they seem the same in airiness to me.Love the Pyro much more than the Crius ll- I own the OBS Nano and the GeekVape Zeus too.
Love RDTAs- no messy tank to take apart when you need to fiddle with your coil, like dry burning and rewicking. The filling is easy on the Pyro too and no leaking- every few days I wipe the condensation out of the top cap, but have been using the Pyros for about a month and they have become my favorite tanks.
I was thinking about getting the Asmodus Nefarius- but believe that is a dual coil deck, I will wait for reviews to come out on that one- I own the Ample Pixy RDTAs too- those are dual coil and bought mine because it was cute, but turned into one of my favorites too.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You have the Crius ll, I do too- and I think they seem the same in airiness to me.Love the Pyro much more than the Crius ll-
Love RDTAs- no messy tank to take apart when you need to fiddle with your coil, like dry burning and rewicking. The filling is easy on the Pyro too and no leaking- every few days I wipe the condensation out of the top cap, but have been using the Pyros for about a month and they have become my favorite tanks.
Yes, I agree with all that as well. I really like that Cruis II also, fantastic flavor.
Have you seen that ^ O Genny V2? Looks pretty amazing, problem is, the price does too. I really like that its squonkable and single coil.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes, I agree with all that as well. I really like that Cruis II also, fantastic flavor.
Have you seen that ^ O Genny V2? Looks pretty amazing, problem is, the price does too. I really like that its squonkable and single coil.
I am surprised that they have the wicks deep inside the tank- I have been told not to do that and cut them flush just under the wick well, that tipping when vaping the RDTA is enough to keep the wicks wet- what are your thoughts?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
But I haven't single coiled it yet because all I have is ka 1 24g to get my desired resistance. I'm going to make one from 2x28+32 ss I have on hand and just make the id big enough to get to about 2.5 or 3 ohm without a ton of wraps:devil:

You mean 0.25 or 0.3 ohms right?

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?p=roundmulti&r=0.25&str=4&awg=28&id=3

Your 2x28 SS clapton wire, do 4 or 5 wraps with 3mm ID, and bam 0.25- 0.3 ohms single coil

If you guys really mean 2.5 or 3.0 ohms, Lord help you! lmao!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
You mean 0.25 or 0.3 ohms right?

http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?p=roundmulti&r=0.25&str=4&awg=28&id=3

Your 2x28 SS clapton wire, do 4 or 5 wraps with 3mm ID, and bam 0.25- 0.3 ohms single coil

If you guys really mean 2.5 or 3.0 ohms, Lord help you! lmao!

Years ago when I started vaping the coils were 1.5Ω I haven't used any above Ω coils in more than a year.
I think the @Vape Fan typed in the wrong ohm for his coils, but I thought you wrapped your own and could help him.
I don't wrap my coils, I have so many Demon Killer coils kits almost all of them have been free, that I have been using them and have been using the .45Ω Alien Clapton Kanthal coil and so far awesome- love the Pyro!

VU Sponsors