Become a Patron!

RDA shortage. how do i fix it?

so i've been vaping for a while; i got this new rda top (idk what the term for it is) : the zephyr v2 Buddha. it was working fine for me the other day, but today i put a .94 ohm coil on it and it reads well on my ohm reader. btw i have a tugboat box mod with 2 fully charged 18x650 sony batteries (4.2v). Now it won't fire. at all. I tried putting it on my SMPL mod (one 18x650 battery) which usually works and the bottom button got hot really quick so i stopped immediately and took the battery out, it was also very hot. i know what can happen with shortages so i made sure my coil was over the ohm limit, the coil was very neat and didn't have any metal touching the posts or deck/rim. can anyone help me figure out why it wasn't firing?
i also unscrewed the middle posts and checked underneath the pin for any non-conductive material that may be blocking the connection and everything was fine.
I thought it would be possible for there to be a short inside the battery itself so i put my SMOK TFV4 tank on the mod with the same batteries and it fires no problem... can anyone help me?

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off, try re-tightening the leads, loose leads can cause shorts and mis-reading ohms. Also, what kind of wire are you using? Also, what kind of coils did you build? (last question is just for my curiosity, I've never seen a build at almost a full ohm before, only coilheads, curious on how you did it)

i actually figured out what was happening. i took it in to my friend and he told me what was happening; the pin on the bottom of my RDA wasn't making contact with my mod, so i loosened it, pressed down on the middle posts and tightened the again but making sure the pin was down far enough to make contact without the posts being too loose. and as far as my build, i was using a Zephyr Buddha RDA so there is plenty of room to build. i think for that build i used 1 or 2 coils wrapped about 15-20 times with 24 gauge kanthal lol i didn't want to build low until i could confirm the amp limit on my batteries.

VU Sponsors