Become a Patron!

RDA with the best flavor?!?

Vapor_Citi1776

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys, I know it's a general question but I'm curious. I currently have a mutation x v4 and that's my only RDA so far. I enjoy the flavor but I feel as if it's muted a bit. I heard that the tugboat v2 has great flavor but I'm not trying to buy it to be let down. I also read that the mutation is better for clouds which I don't really care about but I honestly believe it's all preference. So really I'm just curious as to what's your favorite RDA for flavor and why

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out of curiosity, what kind of coil do you have in the Mutation X V4? I also have one with simple dual coil build, and it's decent. My next experiment will be a dual parallel coil. My Dark horse hits like a champ and is very flavorful compared to the Mutation X V4. I only have 3 RDAs so my opinion is limited.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Different coil build, more restricted airflow, and lower power can help to get more flavor out of the Mutation X. The Tugboat is a real good flavor RDA. However, dual coil only. Personally, I like the Hastur, Aeolus, and Manta V2 for flavor. In addition, all three of them have the air coming in from the top, thus leak proof. My next purchase will be tha Sapor RDA, for the same reason as the aforementioned.

tchthsky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the Mutation X V4 has a ton of airflow, too.

AZ_Shooter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's my limited opinion that many good current RDA's with enough adjustable airflow will produce a lot of flavor. It seems to >me< it's much to do with PG/VG ratios. I use a regulated mod and the Velocity RDA. The thickest and most flavorful vape I achieve is a DYI liquid and a 60 VG and 40 PG ratio. The coil builds are high ohm (1.0 -1.2) ramped up to 50-60 watts (5.2-5.8 volts) and believe me...I taste it. Your milage will vary. :)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It's my limited opinion that many good current RDA's with enough adjustable airflow will produce a lot of flavor. It seems to >me< it's much to do with PG/VG ratios. I use a regulated mod and the Velocity RDA. The thickest and most flavorful vape I achieve is a DYI liquid and a 60 VG and 40 PG ratio. The coil builds are high ohm (1.0 -1.2) ramped up to 50-60 watts (5.2-5.8 volts) and believe me...I taste it. Your milage will vary. :)
+1 on the adjustable airflow. That's what I was trying to say above. With a different coil build and closing the airflow down, you can achieve good flavor, even with a Mutation X.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best Flavor Atty - Marquis

Tepid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is really hard to put a finger on what atty will be best for flavor.
Because, flavor is subjective. and Flavor changes from day to day.
this is all based on tongue receptors, juice, build, power level and airflow, probably some other things I am not thinking of right now.
Vapors Tongue can cause muted or no flavor. Eat something with a completely different and strong flavor profile.
Or, chomp on some jalapenos. Brush teeth and try Listerine. You might see that flavor come raging back.

I was loving the TFv4 and it is still a good Tank, but today the Velocity is my go to.

I have the MutationX v3 and I like that atty, I also have a Tug Boat, think it is a v1 Clone.
I like that one too on some days.

I have a Magma, Mephisto (Authentic), Tohb and couple others.
These are all good flavor chasers.

While the atty can play a part in flavor. The build and other factors I mentioned do as much if not more.

Every atty mentioned has a sweet spot for different reasons and different people.
It's hard to say what will work best for any one individual.

Lowering or raising coils off the deck and position to air holes can also play a factor.

It truly is a personal adventure for each individual. And, some atty's work better for some people than others.

BTW, all the other atty's I mentioned I have not touched since I got the Velocity.

If someone insisted I give them a recommendation. That would be the one. Velocity.
One of the best clones I have picked up and would buy again if I lost them.

The Build:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/velocity-rda.136110/#post-705595

Last edited:
Hi guys, I know it's a general question but I'm curious. I currently have a mutation x v4 and that's my only RDA so far. I enjoy the flavor but I feel as if it's muted a bit. I heard that the tugboat v2 has great flavor but I'm not trying to buy it to be let down. I also read that the mutation is better for clouds which I don't really care about but I honestly believe it's all preference. So really I'm just curious as to what's your favorite RDA for flavor and why
Have you tried just using the bottom air flow and closing the air flow on the sides off? My first flavor chasing RDA is the Sapor. Aeolus V2 was my second flavor chasing RDA. Both give great flavor and gets better with a flavor chasing coil build. I also just got my Velocity clone and had to close the indirect air flow to get good flavor. I would recommend a top air flow RDA for flavor chasing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Velocity with indirect airflow closed. Delicious. Wanting to pick up a Sapor next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did a lot of reading up on this and watched a lot of reviews which I based my first RDA on and I got the plume veil, long story short it sucked lol I currently use and love the velocity with a single Clapton twisted with nickel build, I believe you just got to go to a shop and see if they will let you get your hands on some of the products get a feel for the rda airflow and go for one that will give you max options as far as how many different air flow options there are because its all personal preference

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got all the following flavor RDAs: Marquis, Veritas, Magma, Velocity, Derringer, Atomic.
Best one in my opinion is the Derringer.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Aeronaut RDA is my favorite RDA for flavor. It even throws out the clouds as an added bonus. :)

sprojam34

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tug boat version 1 and 2 both have great flavor and a tight flow great for flavor still run it alot as a daily rda build with single or dual coils two thumbs up both versions

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

sprojam34

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is really hard to put a finger on what atty will be best for flavor.
Because, flavor is subjective. and Flavor changes from day to day.
this is all based on tongue receptors, juice, build, power level and airflow, probably some other things I am not thinking of right now.
Vapors Tongue can cause muted or no flavor. Eat something with a completely different and strong flavor profile.
Or, chomp on some jalapenos. Brush teeth and try Listerine. You might see that flavor come raging back.

I was loving the TFv4 and it is still a good Tank, but today the Velocity is my go to.

I have the MutationX v3 and I like that atty, I also have a Tug Boat, think it is a v1 Clone.
I like that one too on some days.

I have a Magma, Mephisto (Authentic), Tohb and couple others.
These are all good flavor chasers.

While the atty can play a part in flavor. The build and other factors I mentioned do as much if not more.

Every atty mentioned has a sweet spot for different reasons and different people.
It's hard to say what will work best for any one individual.

Lowering or raising coils off the deck and position to air holes can also play a factor.

It truly is a personal adventure for each individual. And, some atty's work better for some people than others.

BTW, all the other atty's I mentioned I have not touched since I got the Velocity.

If someone insisted I give them a recommendation. That would be the one. Velocity.
One of the best clones I have picked up and would buy again if I lost them.

The Build:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/velocity-rda.136110/#post-705595
65b5b4ffc8d1cedccb0dade87da41fca.jpg
this little guy makes a ton of flavor butt do not use a low ohm build for 5 bucks you can't go wrong

sprojam34

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
65b5b4ffc8d1cedccb0dade87da41fca.jpg
this little guy makes a ton of flavor butt do not use a low ohm build for 5 bucks you can't go wrong

28596acb68810e18f3de40ef68ff3f92.jpg
version 1

sprojam34

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
68ff064777f73e27c5585a5ca2aa6b12.jpg

5a089b8c28367d8fbdb4b0dd24502401.jpg
this is what I carry all day and at work I love some flavor I run this one closed with one bottom hole open. Hope this helps

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I get the best flavor out of the aeolus v2 and the Petri.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So a local B+M had the Helix RDA and although a bit expensive I brought it home this week. Now my APO was my favorite RDA for flavor. This RDA rivals it. It is so adjustable. You can reduce the chamber by twisting the drip tip down. You can close the top airflow ring (it has three) and then you can get fantastic flavor and decent cloud. You can leave it wide open too and cloud chase but we are talking flkavor chasing here and this atty does both with ease. It also is a very nice looking atty. The price in Canada was 155 dollars. I do buy authentic almost always. It rare for me to use a clone so I cannot speak as to wether the clone is any good. The quality and the threading on the authentic is top notch.

VU Sponsors