Become a Patron!

Rdna 40 or sig 100w

sgibby88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Having a hard time deciding. Read a lot of good reviews on the sig. Any body have any experience with the new vapor shark? If so pros and cons please. Currently own a vs rdna 30 and looking to upgrade

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VaporShark is a very good company and have top notch products. They stand behind what they sell. I don't have a Rdna40 yet but I do have the Rdna30 and dna30 from them. Both great products. There have been a few issues reported with the dna40 chip in the vapor flask. I haven't heard of any in the VaporShark yet.

sgibby88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just a hard decision. I like the idea on how I can charge my shark whenever I want unlike the sig how you gotta remove that batteries

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well this is pretty simple actually , it seems you do not know what your preferences are since your debating a 100 watt mod to a 40 watt mod . If you like to vape high wattage then the Sig is the choice , if you want temp control the VS is the choice .

I would go with the VS but thats me.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a hard decision. I like the idea on how I can charge my shark whenever I want unlike the sig how you gotta remove that batteries

The Sig is as easy as flipping open the battery cover held on by magnets. No need to wait around while your mod is charging, dual 18650's, and a 100 bucks cheaper. But it's what ever you like that's important!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since you have a really nice 30 watt'er already, I wouldn't consider 10 more watts and unproven tech that still just heats a wire worth the investment. I'd go for big power next. I'd want to have a box with a real big power knob that could run a dual, thick wire rda build as hard as I could with a mech, but with a power knob that has a dimmer switch. Talk about being able to dial something in. You can already do that with just about all the tanks. Get something that allows you to be able to do that with all the drippers(within reason). 100 watts of adjustable power is absolutely what I'd go for next.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
id go with the shark unless you vape high wattages. its a durable little beast and all custom made even the board from evolv. built in wireless charging on the rdna40, spring loaded 510, magnet back door, perfect size. its worth it to me

sgibby88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I do like the fact that you can sub pretty low with the sig were the shark cant drop past .5. But do I really need 100w is the question. Like how many people really go that high? Guess since I'm still rather new and experimenting I haven't built a setup that I've need high wattage. Currently running 16.8 watts with a .8 coil. Satisfies me

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not trying to talk you into one thing or another, but since your asking.... This is a single coil .5 ohm build. I changed the batteries this morning and have been vaping on it pretty much all day, and there is still 52% battery life. There are two LG HE2's in it right now. I've never had this above 40w btw... but could if I ever wanted to.

sig battery life.jpg

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While the Vaporshark is a truly great mod, I have to vote for the Sigelei.

It is a BEAST!

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used a VS, so I can't comment on that. But, after having my sig 100 for a week, this thing is perfect...at least for me. I'm keeping it at around 15 watts with my aerotank. Last weekend, I got over 48 hours out of my VTC3's at moderate usage. Last sunday, I swapped batteries with Panasonic green ones. Started those at 90%, currently at 42% (this is my home/evening mod). When it goes to "sleep", the wake up time is very short, much quicker than my (ch)dna30, barely noticeable. This thing also hits way harder than my hana DIY kit. While it is a little wide, it fits my hand pretty well. The square/semi rounded edges may bother some people, but i don't mind them as they're not sharp. So far, my biggest complaint is that the battery contacts don't have coil springs. There is some movement in the contacts, but not much. This limits you to using only the shorter 18650s, any of the longer ones or protected won't fit.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about others but as long as i wick correctly i never get dry hits so that feature is null and void for me , i do like Evolve board quality though.

The sigelei vapes nice until it breaks. The 510 connection isn't put in well and the button tends to stick. I'd go vaporshark, it will last you longer.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a VS30, it's nice,but the 510 is not sealed, so I have to open it once a week to dump out the juice. The SIG 100 fucking rocks!!!!! Plain and simple.

VU Sponsors