Become a Patron!

RDTA coils - Spaced or not for best flavor?

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just wondering which type of coil wrap provides the best flavor in a Limitless Plus, or any RDTA/RBA, spaced out a bit or touching their neighbors (I can't remember the term off the top of my head)?

It makes sense to me that a little bit of space would allow the juice to make its way on to the sides and outer portion of the wire more easily, but you're also sacrificing total surface area that way by using less wire overall. I bought a roll of pre-built juggernaut (two claptons wrapped in a flat) wire by Tobeco yesterday after having used only claptons in the tank so far. The deck is big enough to hold six wraps with no space, but would I be better served to only use five and leave a little bit of room between each one to maximize juice coverage?

Again, my goal is to get the most flavor. I could care less about cloud size. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have used fused clapton coils both ways and it is really hard to say which is better for flavor. Hopefully someone else will chime in here and be more helpful. I do not see a lot of difference in flavor using claptons spaced or not. If you are building coils with straight wire though, the microcoil (pushed together and NOT spaced) gives much better flavor IMHO. Single wire builds spaced out seem to diminish flavor for me. With fused claptons, I just get great flavor no matter how I build them. There are the best coil for me.

CV :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spaced for best flavor regardless of build or atty....

Fwiw. Spacing increases vaporable surface area.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Actually coil surface area is the same spaced or contact.... what increases is the amount of wick surface covered by the coil.... which increases the amount of potential juice in the coil. It also spreads the heat out over a larger area of wick.. less potential to burn the wick.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors