Become a Patron!

Ready to get a smok TFV4...

Are you guys carrying a smok tfv4? The tank seems pretty good and ready to get one...just need more information and some real comments. thanks!

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are a billion coil heads you can get for it. I like the temp control. Doesn't guzzle the juice up as fast. Refilling them is probably the easiest I've ever used. Flavor is meh. Not fantastic but not bad. Clouds bro. Clouds. Think chucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are a billion coil heads you can get for it. I like the temp control. Doesn't guzzle the juice up as fast. Refilling them is probably the easiest I've ever used. Flavor is meh. Not fantastic but not bad. Clouds bro. Clouds. Think chucks.
Haven't used it in TC, I am going to have to give it a try. Which head are you using? Was thinking of trying the clapton head.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't used it in TC, I am going to have to give it a try. Which head are you using? Was thinking of trying the clapton head.

I've used most of them. Clapton head is probably the better flavor chaser, but if you're going for clouds I would go with the .2 triple coil heads, or the TC coil head.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My smok tfv4 is awesome with the dual coil rebuildable deck in it, but got shelved when I got my mutation indulgence rta. Way better tank. My opinion.

My smok tfv4 is awesome with the dual coil rebuildable deck in it, but got shelved when I got my mutation indulgence rta. Way better tank. My opinion.
Sounds cool. But some guys say their tfv4s leak like crazy. Can that be a problem for you?

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for this, I was looking at picking this up.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds cool. But some guys say their tfv4s leak like crazy. Can that be a problem for you?
I have 2 TFV4 mini, and 2 TFV4, none of them are leaking. Although, there's a slight build up of some juice between the top and the insulation. I'm not sure where it's coming from. I just wipe both sides dry, when re-filling the tank.
The MT-RTA is also a nice tank. However, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. The wicking is a bit tricky.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 TFV4 mini, and 2 TFV4, none of them are leaking. Although, there's a slight build up of some juice between the top and the insulation. I'm not sure where it's coming from. I just wipe both sides dry, when re-filling the tank.
The MT-RTA is also a nice tank. However, I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner. The wicking is a bit tricky.
When fill my tfv4 I found taking out that top white insulator keeps juice from getting all over the place..I don't have juice bottles with a sharp tip for filling but it's no problem without the insulator.. When full I simply reinstall the insulator and its ready to go...no leaks, no drips and no worries, lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFV4 looks good till I see the price of the replacement coils. Price is ridicules and to much for my liking. Just a gimmick with the 4 and six coil heads. So a coil burns out and then your ohms jump up. I don't trust China even placing one coil in a head and doing it right. LOL CHEERS!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFV4 looks good till I see the price of the replacement coils. Price is ridicules and to much for my liking. Just a gimmick with the 4 and six coil heads. So a coil burns out and then your ohms jump up. I don't trust China even placing one coil in a head and doing it right. LOL CHEERS!
The money I save not buying 4 cartons of Marlboro a month anymore buys alot of coils, and its worth it to me because I enjoy my vaping and staying tobacco free...it's whatever floats your boat I reckon, lololol

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love the TFV4 with a quad coil head. Good flavor and good clouds. This tank and a Uwell Crown are my two favorite tanks.

But the single coil RBA deck sucks ass! It is the most leaky and finicky RBA I have ever used. When the urge strikes my now to try to use it, I just pour juice all over my mod to save time and aggravation.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wouldn't call it a gimmick, those coils out perform any premade on the market in my opinion. I like to vape hard and fog up a room and any "chinese" coil that lets me vape a tank at 140w if I want without a single dry hit is alright with me.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Enjoy I keep debating but I'm more of a flavor chaser due to house w husband and kids who complain w my clouds lol I use the crown and it's chucking enough.. And other sub ohm tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Enjoy I keep debating but I'm more of a flavor chaser due to house w husband and kids who complain w my clouds lol I use the crown and it's chucking enough.. And other sub ohm tanks

I find the TFV4 full & mini to be very flavorful.
I went gennies to SubTank and couldn't get any flavor for a long time. Then I went TC and that was getting me some joy dripping so I started to drip again. Then I got a TFV4 and rebuilt, no more dripping. The TFV4-mini came out and once I figured out to build a vertical coil in the RCA and pack it to the top with cotton, WOW.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't call it a gimmick, those coils out perform any premade on the market in my opinion. I like to vape hard and fog up a room and any "chinese" coil that lets me vape a tank at 140w if I want without a single dry hit is alright with me.
Spend your five dollars a coil and vape away. :) :) CHEERS!

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Spend your five dollars a coil and vape away. :) :) CHEERS!
I suppose if money to performance ratio was alive and well in this scene none of us would have moved from the 10 dollar egos to the 200 dollar DNA devices. More performance equals more money. And oddly enough at my local B&M I just bought my wife a 5 pack of atlantis coils. came out to 22 bucks and don't vape worth diddly squat.

Neal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Literally just picked one up tonight. They're great. Unfortunately both my batteries are dead and I didn't get long with it, but still. I was chilling on my phone at a vape lounge and was the only one in there, and when I looked up, it was pretty hazy. And it was a decent sized room. Running at 75W with a IPV D2 so I didn't have a heavy mod or anything, and still clouds man. Flavor is definitely meh. Which sucks because on the box they say it has great flavor.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Literally just picked one up tonight. They're great. Unfortunately both my batteries are dead and I didn't get long with it, but still. I was chilling on my phone at a vape lounge and was the only one in there, and when I looked up, it was pretty hazy. And it was a decent sized room. Running at 75W with a IPV D2 so I didn't have a heavy mod or anything, and still clouds man. Flavor is definitely meh. Which sucks because on the box they say it has great flavor.
It does..triple coil at 75-80w on my dual batt IPV4 produces tons of great flavor and clouds...works for me! Lol

Neal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does..triple coil at 75-80w on my dual batt IPV4 produces tons of great flavor and clouds...works for me! Lol

Hmmm, I guess I haven't really had the appropriate time to test it out.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone has there preferences. There's a lot of good tanks out there. For me........Best tank I've ever used ! I'm using 4 of them !

I've been using mine for a couple of months and love it. The quad coil I run around 110 watts and I fog out my wife in the car. The triple coil I run around 80 and it's just as bad to haze up a room.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

Well, I'm like what...flavor & cloud chaser. But I do think flavor is way important cause i hate sucking the burnt smell. Really bad experience with a sub-ohm tank before and after that i dumped it:(

I've been using mine for a couple of months and love it. The quad coil I run around 110 watts and I fog out my wife in the car. The triple coil I run around 80 and it's just as bad to haze up a room.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
WOW...That's clouds of CLOUD! lol

Everyone has there preferences. There's a lot of good tanks out there. For me........Best tank I've ever used ! I'm using 4 of them !
Gotta try one right today!

Last edited by a moderator:

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For those having flavor issues, are you giving it time to break in? There's a lot of cotton in those heads.
I've never really used one of the prebuilts (tried one testing for leaks for someone) but my RCAs are a similar design and can take a while when changing flavors.

Neal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For those having flavor issues, are you giving it time to break in? There's a lot of cotton in those heads.
I've never really used one of the prebuilts (tried one testing for leaks for someone) but my RCAs are a similar design and can take a while when changing flavors.
I've filled up the tank 4 or 5 times (I just got it last night) and I'm STILL having cotton issues. Only running at 75 watts with a IPV D2.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've filled up the tank 4 or 5 times (I just got it last night) and I'm STILL having cotton issues. Only running at 75 watts with a IPV D2.
What do you mean "cotton issues?" Flavor can be a bit diminished if you have those stupid air holes open in the drip tip. Also try closing down the air flow little by little until the vape is warm. I find the warmer the vape the stronger the flavor. Using pre made coils or the RBA?

Neal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What do you mean "cotton issues?" Flavor can be a bit diminished if you have those stupid air holes open in the drip tip. Also try closing down the air flow little by little until the vape is warm. I find the warmer the vape the stronger the flavor. Using pre made coils or the RBA?
the pre made tri coils. and alright, i'll close the top air flow.

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wondered about that. I knew it couldn't help the vape in any way.
That was Smok's bright idea when vaping at really high watts. It's only purpose is to cool down the metal of the drip tip. At 75w its worthless to have open. More air, less flavor. Also close that bottom airflow until its still comfortable but warm, this will increase flavor as well.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me keeping those "stupid" airslots in the drip tip open helps keep my hit cooler at the higher wattages this tank loves..clouds and flavor that rivals my best RDA's... From the triple coil at 80-85w with 100% VG...

iiKryptic-old

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For me keeping those "stupid" airslots in the drip tip open helps keep my hit cooler at the higher wattages this tank loves..clouds and flavor that rivals my best RDA's... From the triple coil at 80-85w with 100% VG...
I find I don't need them unless I am above 100w on the quad coil. To each there own. I like a warmer vape.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Not that much. I meant 1-2ml, maybe 3 to have a new flavor take over an old. On new cotton I'd guess I'm getting flavor and over the cotton taste within 2ml.

Airholes definitely kill flavor. My mini is pretty loose and gets opened sometimes. About the time I glue them shut I'll find a need for them.

I don't think it's the heat you're applying. I'm using TC on IPV D2's. And I'm pretty sure when I tried the Tricoil I put it on my M80+. I think I also put it on my IPV4 just to see what 100+ did and it was too harsh for me.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c0ad04108d55fe1fefc4215282bcf17a.jpg
My local vape shop is pretty cool to me..I bought the black tfv4 today for $32 cash, and got the purple Subox Nano starter kit free (points)..

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like those top airflow holes for one reason, and it's not for when I'm vaping. What I like is that dual chamber, with most drip tips you eventually get some juice buildup in the tube, then it leaks out onto your lips/into your mouth. Well with these things it drips into that open "air chamber". However that too can fill up with juice then you're stuck with it going into your mouth again, so with the airflow holes, I simply open then up wrap the bottom with a tissue and hold my finger on the end of the center chamber and blow, boom all that build up is out of there.

That's the only thing I use those airflow holes for :D. I'd rather drop the wattage a few ticks than get all that extra air, but I like a warm vape and I'm having burnt cotton issues if I'm having temperature issues.

As for the tank in general, I like the RBAs best, but Clapton for Flavor and Quad for clouds. Triple is nice as well for lower wattage cloud chasing but if you like a warmer vape that will fog a room in seconds, the Quad can do it but you need to crank it up to like 120w-ish for it to get there and be better than the triple. Sextuple seemed to be simply an attempt at being silly to me, didn't seem like it was better than the triple in any way.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You guys are seriously having me contemplate trying ons lol
Very seriously
Maybe it can be my Xmas gift to mySelf
I'm going to look for a good price

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Best place to buy one? I'm gonna check out vaping cheap

Neal

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Best place to buy one? I'm gonna check out vaping cheap

I mean, they aren't that expensive in the first place. Highest I've seen is $34. And that was at an actual Vape Shop.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been wanting to check out breazy thank you so much

Kinkytheklown

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your tfv4 tank is leaking look at the chimney threads, there should be an o-ring, if not then it came off, this happens alot since they are cheap. You can buy replacements on ebay.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
4. While vendors are allowed to participate in the forum as a vaper - you will not be allowed to SPAM ADS or promotions outside your sub-forum and deals sub-forum.
You can engage in conversation about your products outside your sub-forum only if you meaning by member name, vendor name or your exclusive product is brought up by a user directly.

TFV4 IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO YOU! @lordmage
So @Breazy_Com can't give a personal opinion on a product? Didn't even mention if they were available on his site....

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry Curly, but posting that he sells these and including a price at which he charges for them is indeed not allowed outside his vendor forum, and is in fact a way of spamming products.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
So @Breazy_Com can't give a personal opinion on a product? Didn't even mention if they were available on his site....
He so did mention the price he sells them for also. Sorry, Breazy, and I are friends but we have rules as you can read above.

Kinkytheklown

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The coils last 2-3 weeks. My brother's lasted a month. I use the sextacoil and it last at least 2 weeks

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He so did mention the price he sells them for also. Sorry, Breazy, and I are friends but we have rules as you can read above.
Then it was edited, my mistake. But, the quote makes no mention of this, so I hope you understand why I would think that he didn't step out of bounds

VU Sponsors