Become a Patron!

Readyxwick and other wicking options

So I've built lots of different coils and have always used cotton as my wick. My favorite cotton to use is definetly cotton bacon its nice any fluffy so it does well at filling whatever diameter coil without having to compress the cotton and choke it. I'm currently happy with my wicking, however I saw the Readyxwick advertised and it seems to have gotten killer reviews. I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and what do you think of it. How well does it wick , how long does it last, and does it give a better or cleaner flavor compared to cotton? Feel free to post any other wicking methods you've tried!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
All I know is that Readyxwick has a great reputation.

Me, I just use Japanese Organic Cotton makeup pads with great success.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ceramic fiber?

Nope, won't try it for the thought of inhaling ceramic fiber doesn't appeal to me ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
here's the deal,
the reasons to chose product A vs product B in terms of wicking are not that many. AND most if not all of them are subjective. You like Product A but 100 people say product B is better, well honestly it might be for them and not you or it might be for you too. the only way to know is try. Most of the reasons to chose a type of wick is flavor or ability to wick, if you happy with what your using wicks, then its flavor. albeit in the case of readywick is longevity for many. I could tell you its horrible, someone else says its better then sliced bread. if it interests you, try it and see for yourself
there are enough people on the forums using it to say its worth a try vs that black cotton shit someone was peddling, that shit is just not worth trying period. but readywick is worth a try based on all the talk on it. I havent tried it yet, but if someone sent me some I would try it to see.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally use cotton bacon myself, it breaks in quicker and you don't get the cotton taste for ages like with other brands. If i'm skint I use muji cotton pads haha

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried it several times...it just didn't stand out for me....despite what some people say I did not find it gave as good a flavor than ss mesh wicks or porous ceramic wicks. I think it may be worth a try though it may appeal to you.

VU Sponsors