Realeaux RX200 update 3.0

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when I try to update to the new version it says on the black update page
Device name: None Device
Firmware version:
Hardware version:

Both of the last two are blank. I have 2 Realeaux's and they are less than 2 months old. Please help!!!

I updated to 1.07 and 1.08 with no trouble.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you accidently close the installer or unplug the mod while trying to update? If you unplug the mod in the middle of an update, it'll seem like the mod is broken. It won't turn on, and won't display anything, even after it's been plugged back in. Just open the installer again, plug in the mod, and select the 3.00 bin file as normal, and it should update just like it normally would. The updater essentially uninstalls all firmware first, then installs the new firmware, so if it's unplugged before the install is complete, you'll just basically have a blank slate mod. Same thing goes for all of Joyetechs updatable mods. It's essentially just like it is right off the factory line, before the firmware is first installed to the mod, so just follow all the normal steps and it should still update just fine.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried turning it off and back on then trying the update. It shows it still has version 1.08 on both of them when I check it.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The update button never highlights so I can press it. It stays greyish black while the exit button is blue/green.

Last edited:

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well all I can suggest is try rebooting your PC, maybe it's just reading the mod wrong (I've had a few different electronics and products that behaved a little funny like that, until I restarted the PC and tried again, then it worked fine. Try restarting your PC and trying again. If not, I'm not sure what the problem would be, very strange indeed :confused:

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried restarting my computer. Same thing. What's weird is it's doing it on both of them. Some other problems I've had with them is one of them will read my Smok TFV4's and the other one won't. The one that won't will work with my drippers. It's insane. I've taken them to a few different shops and they've scratched their heads. The place I bought them from is back in Kansas and I moved to Texas about 2 weeks after I bought them or I'd take them back to see if I can get them warrantied or something. I've heard they are great but I'm ready to go back to my trusty Sigelie. I never had these kind of problems with it. I liked these because of the extra battery. I vape at higher wattage so I thought the extra battery life would be nice.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The update button never highlights so I can press it. It stays greyish black while the exit button is blue/green.

I believe we normally do these upgrades with the batteries OUT.

So just for grins, try this...

Reboot the comp, launch the update app, pull the batts, plug the cable into the mod, THEN plug the cable into the computer.

You didn't accidentally grab a non-data USB cable did you?
I know I've got like seven of those and only two of the proper data cables.
It matters. :p

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am not near a pc to look at the program but if it is reading the version now it recognizes the device.
From memory you need to chose a file to update with and then the update button is clickable.

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy cow!!!! I got the cable out of the other Realeauz box and it worked no problem. I threw the old one in the d*mn trash!!!! Thank you so much Jim. I wish I could shake your hand. Thank you!!!!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe we normally do these upgrades with the batteries OUT.
So just for grins, try this...
Reboot the comp, launch the update app, pull the batts, plug the cable into the mod, THEN plug the cable into the computer.
You didn't accidentally grab a non-data USB cable did you?
I know I've got like seven of those and only two of the proper data cables.
It matters.

I completely blanked on that, it's gotta be a data cable. I tossed away all my non-data cables because of shit like this. I don't have anything that doesn't need a data cable, so I completely forget that non-data even exists hahaha.
I know that this mod, as well as my Evic VTC Mini, can update with the batteries in, I've only had to remove batts from my X-Cube2 to update so far.

Holy cow!!!! I got the cable out of the other Realeauz box and it worked no problem. I threw the old one in the d*mn trash!!!! Thank you so much Jim. I wish I could shake your hand. Thank you!!!!

Yeah, we can be a helpful bunch from time to time lol, and Jim is usually pretty on point too!

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't think about it because I got that cable out of the box. I didn't think to try another cable. I'm still new to the Realeaux's. I've had them about 4 months I think. They had just come out and I bought two. I always have to have a backup. Thank y'all again for the help. Hopefully one day I can repay the help I have gotten here. I was about ready to use them for target practice. They're saved for another day now.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
De nada. That's why I get the big bucks.
Another day... another $1.87 :p

Keep in mind... these USB cables are usually super cheap.
They do go bad. And cabling is usually a good go-to when troubleshooting.

As to the batteries. I would usually do this type of thing with them out, unless the mod requires them installed. I only have three updatables (including an xBrick) so there may be some that do indeed need them in.

Now get yer TCR Adjust on. :D

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always take my batteries out just to be safe. Don't take but just a minute. Yea this new update is pretty cool so far. I'm tinkering with it now. I'll add data cables to my shopping list. I'm sure my wife has some but I'll put a new one in my vaping toolbox though. That darn thing is getting bigger and bigger. This is so addictive. Making my own coils and so on. Gives me something to do to fill my time. And I ain't smoking three packs of cigarettes a day anymore either. Thanks again!!!

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe the VTC Mini needed a battery to update, can't recall. I know the Reuleaux doesn't need them to update, but it can update with them all the same. I usually take out the batts (updated at least 30 mods for friends and family, so it's usually a habit to take them out), because I don't like charging them over USB (even for a minute or two) but I guess I forgot when I updated my Reuleaux (did it at a buddies place so probably got distracted and forgot) but it still worked fine, so that was handy. Yeah, it's always a good idea to remove batts when doing any kind of modifications.
Glad you got it all working out now, it's a great mod (would have been a shame to be riddled with bullets lol) and should serve you well now. Have fun and Vape On!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I believe the VTC Mini needed a battery to update, can't recall. I know the Reuleaux doesn't need them to update, but it can update with them all the same. I usually take out the batts (updated at least 30 mods for friends and family, so it's usually a habit to take them out), because I don't like charging them over USB (even for a minute or two) but I guess I forgot when I updated my Reuleaux (did it at a buddies place so probably got distracted and forgot) but it still worked fine, so that was handy. Yeah, it's always a good idea to remove batts when doing any kind of modifications.
Glad you got it all working out now, it's a great mod (would have been a shame to be riddled with bullets lol) and should serve you well now. Have fun and Vape On!
Yes, the VTC Mini has to have the battery in place and needs to be turned on before pluging it into your PC, for the update to work.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Indeed, you are correct.
I just checked mine, as it seemed wrong.
I guess for all the, what... four updates, I just didn't care. :p
eta: Actually... after the issues with the Cube updater, I think I fell into a pattern with the VTC and RX of just not paying attention. The update app just works.

(JTech better take care... they're spoiling us. Multiple rapid, actually useful updates. An actually comfortable to hold triple cell mod with true high power. Possibly getting many to forgive Eleaf.
Okay... that last may be a reach. :p )

Last edited:

VU Sponsors