Become a Patron!

Recipe Help

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all,
I'm new to the forum. Well any forum. lol. I just started started DIY ejuice. Just made two small bottles. They tasted bad. I didn't expect it to turn out very good for the first time. This is my flavor list from my order:
TFA - Sweet Cream
TFA - Strawberry

TFA - Ethyl Maltol
TFA - Strawberries and Cream

TFA - Graham Cracker
TFA - Marshmallow
TFA - Orange Cream

I also bought MFS nic @ a 50/50 mix of 60mg.

Is there any way someone could help me, or give me a great recipe with the list above. I like to vape a 12mg - 16mg nic. I like Strawberry.
Thank you so much for any help.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can use Orange Cream alone at 10%.
or add 1% Sweet Cream + 1% Marshmallow

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you. I will make this tonight. How long should I steep it? 1 week?

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you. I will make this tonight. How long should I steep it? 1 week?

Shake & Vape or let it sit overnight.
Just be sure to shake flavorings before using.
And shake well after mixing.

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Meant to say shake the final mix well.
Shaking the flavor makes sence too. To mix the flavor and pg together. I guess it might be an unnessisary step? I don't know. What is your take on my freedoms smokes nicotine? 50/50 60mg. To me it seems harsh. Or that could be my mix.

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
That TFA Strawberry....... I have great results at 14 mg/ml Nicotine........13% TFA Strawberry.......Shake .....then let steep (sit in a cool dark place, closed bottle shaking daily) for 2-3 weeks......Excellent robust, smooth vape.......Not sure if you have a Mixing program .........EjuiceMeup is the one many people use, and is a free download and very user friendly. This program gives you your mix volumes, and weights with your input ingredients. Check out a website for more instruction on this one.....Another good website, I found is DIY OR DIE.....by a guy named Wayne........He has a good internet reputation, some great videos for newbies (such as myself).....and has a video teaching the EJuiceMeup program and a variety of other videos you will find beneficial......2 of his other videos I would recommend are (not absolutely sure of the exact names) 1 Why do my Ejuice mixes suck? and 2 Steeping along with a variety of others.........I hope this helps......:)

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That TFA Strawberry....... I have great results at 14 mg/ml Nicotine........13% TFA Strawberry.......Shake .....then let steep (sit in a cool dark place, closed bottle shaking daily) for 2-3 weeks......Excellent robust, smooth vape.......Not sure if you have a Mixing program .........EjuiceMeup is the one many people use, and is a free download and very user friendly. This program gives you your mix volumes, and weights with your input ingredients. Check out a website for more instruction on this one.....Another good website, I found is DIY OR DIE.....by a guy named Wayne........He has a good internet reputation, some great videos for newbies (such as myself).....and has a video teaching the EJuiceMeup program and a variety of other videos you will find beneficial......2 of his other videos I would recommend are (not absolutely sure of the exact names) 1 Why do my Ejuice mixes suck? and 2 Steeping along with a variety of others.........I hope this helps......:)

Sounds great! I've been watching a lot of Wayne's Videos, very informative. I do have to grow my flavor inventory to make other recipes. For now though, I think i should stick with two to three flavors and hope to smooth everything out.
Three weeks seems like a long time to steep. Must be the strawberry?
Again I want to thank you guys for the help so far. Cheers

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
Not necessarily the strawberry........ and yeah....3 weeks does sound like a long time.....It is.....and it is what is working for me, at this time.....You will find a variety of information, techniques, and methods here, on this site.....All with credibility.....Taste is a subjective matter and there are all kinds of philosophies, and cool people with different approaches, as DIY mixers here creating their blends.....and that is the mysterious, and wonderful thing about this forum......I hope you enjoy your stay............:)

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Shaking the flavor makes sence too. To mix the flavor and pg together. I guess it might be an unnessisary step? I don't know. What is your take on my freedoms smokes nicotine? 50/50 60mg. To me it seems harsh. Or that could be my mix.

Yes, you need to shake the flavorings and the final mix.

I'm using VT NIC as do many others here.
NN might be another good choice.

You can also start with the Strawberry at 4%, + 1% Sweet Cream + 1% Marsh.
And you could also add 1-2% Graham Cracker just for kicks.
0.5-1% EM might help to sweeten and take the sharp edge off if needed but I rarely use it.
Don't be afraid to try both Strawberries together, 2% + 2%, or whatever.
Milder version but usually only requires 1 week steep.
Gives a starting point, then use a bit more next batch if turns out too weak.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't forget to "swirl" your nic base around in the bottle really well before you use it each time too. Avoid vigorous shaking (which is precisely what you want to do with bottles of flavoring), as your base will end up with lots of little air bubbles in it, pockets of oxygen which will cause the nicotine to oxidize faster (a Bad Thing).

I've found many fruit flavorings that are harsh as a shake and vape when used at higher percentages. Try letting it sit for a few days as @Flavor Alchemist recommends; or you might try mixing at a lower percentage of flavoring for something you can vape immediately.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can use Orange Cream alone at 10%.
or add 1% Sweet Cream + 1% Marshmallow
Should you still keep the OC at 10% or drop it to 8% then add the SC and Mm?

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I made the Orange Cream 10% the way he said to w/ the Sweet Cream 1% and Marshmallow 1% 10ml. bottle @ 0 nic. It turned out good after a day and a half steep. I think it will be better after a week. Vaping it right now although I did add a bit of nicotine.

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, you need to shake the flavorings and the final mix.

I'm using VT NIC as do many others here.
NN might be another good choice.

You can also start with the Strawberry at 4%, + 1% Sweet Cream + 1% Marsh.
And you could also add 1-2% Graham Cracker just for kicks.
0.5-1% EM might help to sweeten and take the sharp edge off if needed but I rarely use it.
Don't be afraid to try both Strawberries together, 2% + 2%, or whatever.
Milder version but usually only requires 1 week steep.
Gives a starting point, then use a bit more next batch if turns out too weak.

I'm going to do this as well. I do think I did a similar mix but i used 5% Strawberry. I also never thought about using both strawberries together.
Going to try this for sure.
Any advice on some other basic flavors I should get. Oh ... whats VT?

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made the Orange Cream 10% the way he said to w/ the Sweet Cream 1% and Marshmallow 1% 10ml. bottle @ 0 nic. It turned out good after a day and a half steep. I think it will be better after a week. Vaping it right now although I did add a bit of nicotine.
Thanks...Im gonna make me a little now ;)

Flavor Alchemist

Member For 4 Years
I'm going to do this as well. I do think I did a similar mix but i used 5% Strawberry. I also never thought about using both strawberries together.
VT is VapersTek Nicotine........Said to be one of the cleanest nicotine bases out there........and reported to not distract from the flavor of your juice......Not peppery tasting...

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... whats VT?

VT = Vapers Tek

You can get away with using peppery nic at 3mg or even 6mg to an extent, but for those of us who prefer higher nic levels (10mg+), it is especially important to use a quality nic base that doesn't taste harsh or peppery.

VT and CXTC are top contenders for cleanest nic base currently available to the general public.

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
VT = Vapers Tek

You can get away with using peppery nic at 3mg or even 6mg to an extent, but for those of us who prefer higher nic levels (10mg+), it is especially important to use a quality nic base that doesn't taste harsh or peppery.

VT and CXTC are top contenders for cleanest nic base currently available to the general public.
I will be looking into this vapers tek. Because what I have seems very harsh and well I guess pepper taste.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Being that your using all TFA so far, I'll list the ones that I like best.

Banana Cream
Berry Crunch
Blueberry Wild
Brown Sugar
Butterscotch
Caramel Original
Cheesecake Graham
Cinnamon Danish
Dairy Milk
French Vanilla Deluxe
Malted Milk
Maple
Root Beer Float
RY4 Double
Sweet and Tart Candy(kind-of a tart citrus mix)
Toasted Almond (haven't tried this one yet)
Toasted Marshmallow
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Swirl
Whipped Cream

Stay away from Boysenberry, Huckleberry, Marischino Cherry, and maybe Pecan.
And Holiday Spice is pure Cloves IMO.
Could never get the Vanilla Bean Gelato to work for me

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I actually use 10% OC + 3% TFA Vanilla Swirl + 1% Sweet Cream in my original recipe.
It just makes it a little more creamy like a creamsicle.
I'd bet TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream would work instead of the Vanilla Swirl also.
But the OP didn't have the VS so I subbed with Marsh.

808brewer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Being that your using all TFA so far, I'll list the ones that I like best.

Banana Cream
Berry Crunch
Blueberry Wild
Brown Sugar
Butterscotch
Caramel Original
Cheesecake Graham
Cinnamon Danish
Dairy Milk
French Vanilla Deluxe
Malted Milk
Maple
Root Beer Float
RY4 Double
Sweet and Tart Candy(kind-of a tart citrus mix)
Toasted Almond (haven't tried this one yet)
Toasted Marshmallow
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Vanilla Custard
Vanilla Swirl
Whipped Cream

Stay away from Boysenberry, Huckleberry, Marischino Cherry, and maybe Pecan.
Could never get the Vanilla Bean Gelato to work for me
Lol. Looks like you named just about all of them. But I can get any brand. I just don't know what basic flavors I should get for my arsenal.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I actually use 10% OC + 3% TFA Vanilla Swirl + 1% Sweet Cream in my original recipe.
It just makes it a little more creamy like a creamsicle.
I'd bet TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream would work instead of the Vanilla Swirl also.
But the OP didn't have the VS so I subbed with Marsh.

Oh Wow! That sounds so good! I have to try! Thanks

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I get mostly nutmeg from it, maybe a hint of ginger(bread?). It's way too potent out of the bottle to be of much use, but a 10% dilution works wonders in fruity-bakery mixes at fractions of a percent. You can make a killer egg nog vape with it too. I've been absolutely murdering my poor little bottle of Holiday Spice lately. :D

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I get mostly nutmeg from it, maybe a hint of ginger(bread?). It's way too potent out of the bottle to be of much use, but a 10% dilution works wonders in fruity-bakery mixes at fractions of a percent. You can make a killer egg nog vape with it too. I've been absolutely murdering my poor little bottle of Holiday Spice lately. :D

Lol, maybe it was Nutmeg, but I didn't like it for sure.
Dilution is a good idea tho...

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol. Looks like you named just about all of them. But I can get any brand. I just don't know what basic flavors I should get for my arsenal.

I probably missed a few, or they were flavors I don't like so they were not included.
With over 300 flavors it's hard to make a complete list of the ones I like.
The other brands have good flavors too.

VU Sponsors