Become a Patron!

Recipe: Rum and Coke, a work in progress

This is one that I wanted to try for a while and finally got to it. I've started with Flavor Apprentice (FA) cola syrup, which I think has a bit too much lime in the mix and makes it taste more like cola candy to me. Kinda like those little bottle shaped cola gummies. I did find that mixing FA brandy flavor to the cola syrup gives it more of a cola flavor.

For the rum I'm using FA Jamican Rum which I really like. It is a nice and mellow rum flavor, it might be a little too mellow for this recipe though.

Right now I'm using 5% cola syrup, 5% brandy and 20% jamican rum. It's good, not great yet though. I'd give the flavor a 7 of 10 overall right now, but I want to make it better :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
holy cow 20 % ? that flavor is strong at 2 % . if you are not happy with the TFA I would try FA cola also. 2.5% FA cola and 0.5% or 1 % jamacian rum makes an awesome rum and coke vape. just a suggestion.

I started at 10% and worked it up to 20% because it didn't have enough of the rum taste for the overall flavor. It really didn't make a big difference going from 10% to 20% and I'll likely back it back down to 10% before I'm satisfied. The cola taste I currently have is working with the addition of the brandy but thank you for the recommendation on the FA cola flavor. I have not tried that one yet.

I'm thinking I will try adding tequila and/or bourbon flavors to see if they give the rum more of the bite I'm looking for.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I started at 10% and worked it up to 20% because it didn't have enough of the rum taste for the overall flavor. It really didn't make a big difference going from 10% to 20% and I'll likely back it back down to 10% before I'm satisfied. The cola taste I currently have is working with the addition of the brandy but thank you for the recommendation on the FA cola flavor. I have not tried that one yet.

I'm thinking I will try adding tequila and/or bourbon flavors to see if they give the rum more of the bite I'm looking for.
just for fun try FA jamacian rum at 2% with no other flavors added. 10 % is still way to high. when you over blow flavors they loose flavor. FA is super low %

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
but how ever you like it is the best way to do it. I dont mean to sound argumentative on your post. for me if i want just a little rum I use 0.5% if I want a lot I use 2%. and thats alooooooot.

No worries. I'm surprised to here you mention such a low % on these flavors working well for you. There are some recipes that I use just .25% - 1% of a TFA flavor for accents and they don't come across strong in the mix.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You know who makes a BAD ASS Jack and Coke? Madvapes believe it or not.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Rum and Coke

5% tfa cola syrup
1% fa cola syrup
1.5% fa Jamaican rum
1% Tfa Jamaican rum
.25% Mad Fruit
.75% Menthol

Try this and see ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so you have a website where you have all kinds of stuff and do not know the difference between FA and TFA ? weird o_O

Well like I mentioned earlier I use the initials FA for Flavor Apprentice in my own notes. So in my mind TFA and FA are interchangeable, it didn't at first occur to me that FA could be used for another product line. Yes I have a website, but I don't carry Flavour Art at this time. But now it make more sense with the lower % we were talking about.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well like I mentioned earlier I use the initials FA for Flavor Apprentice in my own notes. So in my mind TFA and FA are interchangeable, it didn't at first occur to me that FA could be used for another product line. Yes I have a website, but I don't carry Flavour Art at this time. But now it make more sense with the lower % we were talking about.

You have notes on your website that refer to FA - you might want to edit those to be clearer!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Now it makes more sense, cuz 20% FlavourArt Jamaican Rum is really high. I'm with wllmc on the FA Cola. That's a really good cola flavor.

VU Sponsors