Recipe Testing & Prototyping

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Ya'll,

New poster here. I wanted to recommend our services for testing out new recipes before stocking up. Would definitely love some feedback or to hear any questions you may have for us as well.

We started up with DIYers like us in mind, so I think you'll find us very useful for your projects!

-Robby R
VapeCrafter
Customize the $#@% Out of Your e-Liquid.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
At first all I saw was your own ready-to-vape juice.
Then I found the right page: http://www.vapecrafter.com/apps/productbuilder/vapecrafter-advanced

Now that's a REALLY cool service to offer! Up to 20 flavorings per bottle, down to 0.1% per flavoring, pick your own bottle, cap, nic strength, PG and VG ratio - even 3 different nic brands to choose from. Very Cool!

Seems the biggest selling point would be the variety of flavorings available. The more you have available, the better. You do have a lot.

I thought of recommending your service to DIYers who lack the ingredients to make some of my more complicated recipes (like this one in particular). You have everything in that recipe but FlavourArt Amber. SO CLOSE! I gotta point out, that's better availability than nearly every flavor vendor online.

Yours is a great business idea. Good luck to you!

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow! That's pretty cool. I even like how they have several different steep methods. But for me, this takes all the fun out of it. Good luck with this service. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to give this a try.

One question though. If someone uses your site to create a juice, does their recipe then become your property?? Or do customers have a guarantee that their recipe will not be taken and used for profit by someone else??

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I saw this website yesterday when he applied for a vendor status, fell in love with the concept. Wife wants to order a bottle tonight or tomorrow, even for non DIYers, this is a really cool idea!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
even for non DIYers, this is a really cool idea!

I think it's especially cool for non-DIYers. See a recipe online that all the DIYers love, but you don't know how or want to DIY -- this way, you can vape it anyway!

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the feedback ya'll!

It's always a treat to hear someone loves what we do!

Talon4x4. That's a great question. We would never use someone's recipe without their permission. We don't own the recipes that are submitted, and the only people who see it are the trained lab technicians that mix/steep the recipe, the QC person, and yourself. The owners and employees alike are bound by strict non-disclosures and non-compete agreements to ensure your recipes stay your recipes. We do offer deals and discounts to competition winners for artisans who want to share their recipe as a craft of the month, but otherwise, your ideas are your ideas. I'll make it my task this week to work with legal in order to get this language clarified in our terms of use.

HeadInClouds, I spoke to procurement and web development about getting FlavourArt Amber. We require our vendors to ensure via documentation that the flavors we buy are free of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl, so unless this one breaks that rule for some reason, we should have it up in like a week, maybe less. I'll update this thread as soon as it's an option!

If anyone else has a favorite flavor, additive, nicotine type, or base that they'd like us to take into consideration. Please don't hesitate to let me know!

-Robby R
VapeCrafter
Customize the $#@% Out of Your e-Liquid.

Last edited:

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a totally unrelated note, HeadInClouds, you weren't joking about this recipe. That's a doosy, but man does it sound good. I'm gonna have to mix that up and try it, if you don't mind. Good to know about the stagnant steep too. I would have been tempted to sonic steep that bad boy.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quick Update: It turns out we already had the Amber flavor the whole time. It's listed as Liquid Amber!

Will follow up on including the non-disclosure of recipes to our terms.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In our privacy policy under "DISCLOSURE" We added the following sentences:
"We will never disclose any submitted recipes to a third party, whether for profit or not, without your consent. Exceptions for the non-disclosure of recipes apply for contests, wherein, participating in a contest as an eligible contestant is considered consent to publicly disclose recipes entered in said contest."

Thanks for the suggestion @Talon4x4!

Edit per @Celtic Fog post. Woops!

Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That was @Talon4x4 that raised that point, but You Rock for being so upfront with everyone, I wish the best for you guys! Keep it Foggy!

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think this is a great idea for new DIYers (like me) & potentially a $$ saver, if you're just getting started. I know, I've spent much more $$ than I had anticipated, just purchasing a plethora of sample sizes to try.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @Mommay ! Totally agree.

Like @Talon4x4 said, it can take the fun out of it if you use it for recipes you know you like. Wouldn't be worth it for that purpose. After all, we DIYers know how cheap the materials are, but if there's a group of recipes you want to just try before you stock up, I think we're well worth it. There's certainly no shortage of fricken cool recipes out there to explore, but everyone has a budget to play with, unfortunately.

I don't think you'll find another vendor that encourages DIY, but we highly recommend it. We get those tasty bulk order deals that we can pass right on to you for those one time occasions.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@VapeCrafter

Bravo. Absolutely brilliant and so well thought out!

Any plans on carrying (Russian) Baker-Flavors? I've been really wanting to try those flavors but it's hard to pull the trigger considering it would be most logical, considering shipping times, to buy big, but it ain't exactly the most reasonable, price wise, for me right now. I am almost certain this is geared toward the more recognizable and popular flavoring manufacturers (which makes sense), but I figured I would at least drop the thought.

Also, it may just be me, but I can't seem to access the Crafter Advanced feature (meaning it appears with no selectable options). Anyway...

All the best of luck and, once again, BRAVO!

Last edited:

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapeCrafter

Bravo. Absolutely brilliant and so well thought out!

Any plans on carrying (Russian) Baker-Flavors?

Also, it may just be me, but I can't seem to access the Crafter Advanced feature (meaning it appears with no selectable options). Anyway...

All the best of luck and, once again, BRAVO!

@Mr.Mann, thanks for the kind words!

We'll look into for sure. We're always looking for new stuff to add to the toolbox. I'll update this thread when I find out more!

As for the blank page. Shopify gets bogged down every so often and the page takes a little while to load. Try giving it 30 seconds or so. I'm personally counting down the days to when we can get our own server. If that still doesn't work, please let me know, and I'll get cracking on it.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@VapeCrafter

Suhweeet! I have read a lot of amazing things about that flavoring company, and while I can't believe everything I read, odds are that some of it is true.

Yeah, unfortunately I have had that page open several minutes and it's still not loading. I see

"Bottle Size
Please select a bottle size. This will determine the base price of your e-juice."

But no options pop up.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapeCrafter

Suhweeet! I have read a lot of amazing things about that flavoring company, and while I can't believe everything I read, odds are that some of it is true.

Yeah, unfortunately I have had that page open several minutes and it's still not loading. I see

"Bottle Size
Please select a bottle size. This will determine the base price of your e-juice."

But no options pop up.
O wow, that's embarrassing. You're absolutely right. We're working with the app developer to get it up and running. Sorry about that @Mr.Mann. They promised it would be working again either today or tomorrow.

For the trouble, enter discount code "BROKED" at checkout and we'll throw in a free 10mL bottle of e-juice with any purchase over $3. Crafter Basic is still working, and the discount code works there as well. The coupon will work with Crafter Advanced once it's back up and running. Limit one per customer. Valid until Wed, Oct 15th.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
O wow, that's embarrassing. You're absolutely right. We're working with the app developer to get it up and running. Sorry about that @Mr.Mann. They promised it would be working again either today or tomorrow.

For the trouble, enter discount code "BROKED" at checkout and we'll throw in a free 10mL bottle of e-juice with any purchase over $3. Crafter Basic is still working, and the discount code works there as well. The coupon will work with Crafter Advanced once it's back up and running. Limit one per customer. Valid until Wed, Oct 15th.

Well, damn! I'd just been happy with, "oh, I see, it's not just your computer." LOL. But, I'll take a coupon code anytime. Thanks.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, damn! I'd just been happy with, "oh, I see, it's not just your computer." LOL. But, I'll take a coupon code anytime. Thanks.
Ha, well it's all fixed now actually. Those guys work fast! Ya'll enjoy the discount code anyways because you're awesome.

spdy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just placed an order with you. The site is working smoothly; but the discount code was not accepted.

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just placed an order with you. The site is working smoothly; but the discount code was not accepted.
Thanks for the heads up @spdy, I'll get my yelling hat on. I'll PM you to find out what you want for your 10mL.

Please PM me if you've placed an order, and I'll make sure you get that free joooce!

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Mr.Mann,

Unfortunately, we weren't able to confirm that the Russian Baker Flavors are free of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl due to the language barrier. With more overseas suppliers using production methods that leave small amounts of these chemicals behind in their flavors, we try to be cautious about our sources for the sake of the health of our customers, (and ourselves). Nevertheless, we'll continue to look into it, and I'll update this thread if we find out more.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@Mr.Mann,

Unfortunately, we weren't able to confirm that the Russian Baker Flavors are free of diacetyl and acetyl propionyl due to the language barrier. With more overseas suppliers using production methods that leave small amounts of these chemicals behind in their flavors, we try to be cautious about our sources for the sake of the health of our customers, (and ourselves). Nevertheless, we'll continue to look into it, and I'll update this thread if we find out more.

Thanks for looking into it. I know they have a section on their site regarding diketones, but I don't know how exhaustive it is. Plus, the language barrier, as you point out, is, well, a barrier. Luckily they at least have it on their radar and they don't shy away from the reality that ecig users are interested in and using their products. It sure beats having a disclaimer on the site that the flavors are not meant for inhalation while including flavors like tobaccos and such that are clearly targeted at inhalers.

Mr.Mann

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@VapeCrafter,

Are you saying that you don't include flavors on your site that have DA/AP, or are you saying that you won't include flavors without the knowledge of which do (likely) have it?

VapeCrafter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapeCrafter,

Are you saying that you don't include flavors on your site that have DA/AP, or are you saying that you won't include flavors without the knowledge of which do (likely) have it?

@Mr.Mann, always glad to look into new stuff.

To answer your question above, both. The suppliers we currently offer on our site have OSHA approved Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs, soon to be just SDS) that we rely on to ensure their products are free of those chemicals.

We're still in discussions however, so hopefully we can get that resolved and try these out.

VU Sponsors