Become a Patron!

recommend me a mod

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hey guys I'm looking for a new mod
I have a reuleaux 200s but it eats batteries so its an at home in the evening mod and I love it
I have an IStic pico that is great also but i am limited on tanks due to the extended battery top

so I am looking for an all day mod that meets these wants
75-100 watts
needs to be sub ohm capable
fit many tank options
prefer single battery but could do dual if needed
have great battery life
doesnt have to be be compact like the pico but prefer it not to be as big as my reuleax

looking at these options
Kanger TopBox Mini 75W TC Starter Kit
Pioneer4You iPV D3 80W

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a reuleaux 200s but it eats batteries so its an at home in the evening mod and I love it
I have an IStic pico that is great also but i am limited on tanks due to the extended battery top

75-100 watts
fit many tank options
have great battery life
doesnt have to be be compact like the pico but prefer it not to be as big as my reuleax

looking at these options
Pioneer4You iPV D3 80W

great battery life, subohm, and single battery? Those are kind of mutually exclusive concepts. However, there are several 26650 mods out there that might fit the bill if you get decent 26650 batteries... Wismec Presa 100, Hcigar VT75, Hotcig DX75 to name a few.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2ndInCommand

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Saw the yihi sx on sale at elementvape for 150. Not sure what you wanna spend but they are a great mod and that's a nice price. Dual battery but not too big. I love mine. A cheaper option would be a minikin 1.5. Cheap super dependable, and very small for a dual battery and lasts forever. There's my 2¢ since you asked.

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
batery life doesnt have to be like 12 hours worth but get me trough 6 i could carry a spare

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kbox 120w is one of the smallest dual battery mods. Can be bought for around 27$. I'll be buying one or two on black fri prob get it for 15$.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nightowl001

Member For 4 Years
My IPV D2 was my go to. I literally beat the heck out of that thing. It is still going strong, but I now have a Smok Alien and Smok H-Priv. The Alien is a great device that is above the D2, but if you really want to settle on a single battery, I love my D2.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the ipvd3. Tough mod. Not sure about how big a tank can be put on it without too much overhang. I know 22mm tanks fit awesome on it. I carry a spare battery with me when I use it. Most of the time I don't have to change it out until late in the day. You could check out the istick TC 100w as well. It's dual and single battery which ever you prefer. But again not sure about any tanks wider than 22mm because that's all I have.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The DNA 75s are good options, I have a VT75 with a 26650 battery in it that's great for running around and will hold just about any tank. Another option is the new Alien. It is 2 batteries, but still awfully small, lots of power and battery life and will also hold just about any tank on it.

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My IPV D2 was my go to. I literally beat the heck out of that thing. It is still going strong, but I now have a Smok Alien and Smok H-Priv. The Alien is a great device that is above the D2, but if you really want to settle on a single battery, I love my D2.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
I have been looking at the alien also which is above my watt reco but I heard they are battery hogs. During the day I'm only vaping around 50 watts so not sure if would drain so fast .

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the ipvd3. Tough mod. Not sure about how big a tank can be put on it without too much overhang. I know 22mm tanks fit awesome on it. I carry a spare battery with me when I use it. Most of the time I don't have to change it out until late in the day. You could check out the istick TC 100w as well. It's dual and single battery which ever you prefer. But again not sure about any tanks wider than 22mm because that's all I have.
Interesting didn't know the tc 100 was either single or dual.
What I wish for is an istick pico without that bat top. It limits me to small tanks

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Interesting didn't know the tc 100 was either single or dual.
What I wish for is an istick pico without that bat top. It limits me to small tanks

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you don't mind hangovers from the tanks either are nice strong mods in my opinion. Both can be had for under $40 as well I believe. I have an alien coming soon. I'm like you very very seldom to I vape over like 50-55w. And that's just because the coil I used in my cleito recommended it lol

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't mind hangover, yeah I vape around 95-140 on my reuleaux with my cloud beast tank, but my other tanks coils top out around 100 so my daily vape I run around 50 -55

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The VT75 is a great choice, and the Alien is dual battery but very small and has great battery life. The Alien's shape is very pocket friendly also.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

75-100 watts
fit many tank options
have great battery life

looking at these options
Pioneer4You iPV D3 80W

If you don't mind the single battery being a 26650 battery then a hohmslice seems like a great choice for you
it's got a good design. one of the bets chips in the market. good battery life (almost as good as a dual 18650 mod) and can charge fully from the mod in about 90 minutes. Temp control any wire (including kenthal) fire any build (.00001 minimum resistance) good quality and backed by a great warranty from a US company

also fits 25mm tanks with no overhang

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
jmBA79p.jpg

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The VT75 is a great choice, and the Alien is dual battery but very small and has great battery life. The Alien's shape is very pocket friendly also.
I'm really leaning towards the alien I think it gives me the most options.
The issue is batteries charging I only have limited time after work so I think the solution is to just get more battery chargers I have a nitecore i4 but with me and my wife vaping now I think the solution is an alien plus another 4 bay charger . I here the luc4 qnd xtar are good chaegers

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm really leaning towards the alien I think it gives me the most options.
The issue is batteries charging I only have limited time after work so I think the solution is to just get more battery chargers I have a nitecore i4 but with me and my wife vaping now I think the solution is an alien plus another 4 bay charger . I here the luc4 qnd xtar are good chaegers
Love the alien. it's a great choice. spare batteries are always a must have lol

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been looking at the alien also which is above my watt reco but I heard they are battery hogs. During the day I'm only vaping around 50 watts so not sure if would drain so fast .
I vape between 55 and 75 watts on my Alien. 700+ hits per day. 2 days on a charge.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
well I cured the battery charging problem. I picked up a efest 6 bay so now i have a nitcore 4 bay so i can charge 10 batteries at once. I will be picking up the alien and ordering 4 samsung 25r
Nice batteries from where? I recommend illumn.com

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

75-100 watts
fit many tank options
have great battery life

looking at these options
Pioneer4You iPV D3 80W

Hey matt!

I'd like to recommend the Lavabox M. It's a great mod but it may only be able to accomodate a 23mm tank at most without getting overhang.

I dont have these mods but im also looking into them as well:

1. Boxer dna133 (dual 18650, not the lipo)
2. Hcigar vt75 nano
3. Vaporshark switchbox dna75 (?) - not sure if thats the correct name of the mod.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey matt!

I'd like to recommend the Lavabox M. It's a great mod but it may only be able to accomodate a 23mm tank at most without getting overhang.

I dont have these mods but im also looking into them as well:

1. Boxer dna133 (dual 18650, not the lipo)
2. Hcigar vt75 nano
3. Vaporshark switchbox dna75 (?) - not sure if thats the correct name of the mod.
DNA is probably a bit overkill for his needs

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
DNA is probably a bit overkill for his needs
I dont mean to start an argument here but i just went by his criteria for a mod:

75-100 watts
fit many tank options
have great battery life

looking at these options
Pioneer4You iPV D3 80W

Going by his preferred specs, i fail to see how a dna mod is overkill.

If there's something i missed out on, kindly correct me. But otherwise, the mods i mentioned in the post above seem to fit the bill as much as those you have suggested.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I dont mean to start an argument here but i just went by his criteria for a mod:

Going by his preferred specs, i fail to see how a dna mod is overkill.

If there's something i missed out on, kindly correct me. But otherwise, the mods i mentioned in the post above seem to fit the bill as much as those you have suggested.
he doesn't mention temp control at all. the main draw of the DNA (which I love BTW) is it's ability to temp control so well. If you aren't using TC doesn't make sense to pay a premium price as most mods will do power mode just as good as a DNA mod. Plus his 2 he suggested are like 25-30 dollar mods. a good DNA75 mod would be twice that (I'm thinking VT75)

so while the DNA mods are amazing and I love them and can't wait to get a finder 167, I just don't think it's worth the money to OP if he isn't using TC mode. plus his RX and pico are both 35 dollar or less mods as well so i figured that's his price range.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he doesn't mention temp control at all. the main draw of the DNA (which I love BTW) is it's ability to temp control so well. If you aren't using TC doesn't make sense to pay a premium price as most mods will do power mode just as good as a DNA mod. Plus his 2 he suggested are like 25-30 dollar mods. a good DNA75 mod would be twice that (I'm thinking VT75)

so while the DNA mods are amazing and I love them and can't wait to get a finder 167, I just don't think it's worth the money to OP if he isn't using TC mode. plus his RX and pico are both 35 dollar or less mods as well so i figured that's his price range.
Ah... i see, i stand corrected then. I didnt take the pricing into account nor did i with with the tc aspect of it.

I guess he cant go wrong with joyetechs offering then, they have numerous mods that fit his criteria just as well and ive had good experiences with joyetech so i dont have any problems recommending them either.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ah... i see, i stand corrected then. I didnt take the pricing into account nor did i with with the tc aspect of it.

I guess he cant go wrong with joyetechs offering then, they have numerous mods that fit his criteria just as well and ive had good experiences with joyetech so i dont have any problems recommending them either.
personally not a big fan of wismec/joyetech/eleaf but some of their basic starter mods are pretty good for the price. like the pico and istick. the cubiod and rx though seem to always have people with issues so normally i don't recommend those

matp75

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no i probably wouldnt be interested in a dna as temp control isnt something that interest me just yet, maybe down the road. but my rx200s is about 50 bucks thats about where I feel im at price wise for a mod right now. I think the alien probably will suit me just right at this stage

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
no i probably wouldnt be interested in a dna as temp control isnt something that interest me just yet, maybe down the road. but my rx200s is about 50 bucks thats about where I feel im at price wise for a mod right now. I think the alien probably will suit me just right at this stage
good choice. great performance great looks and much smaller then you;d expect. very pocket able.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
personally not a big fan of wismec/joyetech/eleaf but some of their basic starter mods are pretty good for the price. like the pico and istick. the cubiod and rx though seem to always have people with issues so normally i don't recommend those

I actually have several Joyetech mods and like them quite a bit. Most peoples issues with them are not understanding the mods abilities or limitations, basically user error. You also have to factor in the fact because of their price point they sell literally slow boatloads from China of them, and the only time we really hear much about them is when someone is having issues. I actually have a Cuboid, a VTC Mini, a Pico Mega, and an Evic Basic in my daily rotation at the moment.
Personally, I think his decision to go with an Alien is an excellent choice though. I love mine, even if I've barely used it since I bought it.
I tend to stick with Xtar chargers over Nitecore and Efest, but one of my most used and loved chargers is an Efest six bay with Bluetooth.
I love how I can check the charge and voltage levels, check and adjust the charge rate, etc. without having to go into my office and look at the charger itself. (let sloth and laziness rejoice!) Especially when waiting on a specific set or sets of batteries to complete their charge. it keeps me from running in there every 5 minutes to check on them. Lol

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Liion is a great site for sure. Also check out illumn.com and just buy from whichever is cheaper. Both are great sites. Hg2 is a great battery as well

I also love my HG2's! I usually buy mine from RTD Vapor. Fast shipping, good prices, great customer service, provide free battery cases with purchase, and their on Mooch the Battery Guru's preferred list.
All the above vendors mentioned are great ones though, and I agree with SirRichard that I would check them all and go with whomever is having the best sale at that moment.

SirRichard usually has some pretty spot on advice, but he forgot to mention that until recently the DNA devices were all just as good at being wheel chocks, boat anchors, personal defense weapons, territorial markers that could be seen from the International Space Station, etc. as they were at TC functions.
They were rather large heavy bricks that had to be tethered to a PC running Escribe that were remarkably efficient at putting your wallet on a diet.
Did I mention that the puff pieces that people, most of whom never used them for more than over glorified mechanicals, wrote on forums touting their wondrous disease curing abilities were rather entertaining? Lol.
Before you say it, yes I do have and do own DNA devices, and they are great and have their place. Are they innovative? yes. Are they overrated? Absolutely.
Mostly I'm just having some fun at their, and SirRichard's, expense.

Let the Trix bashing begin!
Popcorn is available on the mezzanine. Drinks at your kitchen faucet (don't even get me started on bottled water).
Be sure to tip your wait staff. I'll be here all week (tipping is not a city in China where mods come from).

:xD::p

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I actually have several Joyetech mods and like them quite a bit. Most peoples issues with them are not understanding the mods abilities or limitations, basically user error. You also have to factor in the fact because of their price point they sell literally slow boatloads from China of them, and the only time we really hear much about them is when someone is having issues. I actually have a Cuboid, a VTC Mini, a Pico Mega, and an Evic Basic in my daily rotation at the moment.
Personally, I think his decision to go with an Alien is an excellent choice though. I love mine, even if I've barely used it since I bought it.
I tend to stick with Xtar chargers over Nitecore and Efest, but one of my most used and loved chargers is an Efest six bay with Bluetooth.
I love how I can check the charge and voltage levels, check and adjust the charge rate, etc. without having to go into my office and look at the charger itself. (let sloth and laziness rejoice!) Especially when waiting on a specific set or sets of batteries to complete their charge. it keeps me from running in there every 5 minutes to check on them. Lol
Good point. The 510 thing really urks me though. Same reason I don't recommend sigelie products anymore after the 213 and fuchai 213. Sure people have them and love them but the TC issues and non upgradable firmware is BS just like p4u and the ipv6. I have a friend that swore his fuchai 213 works in TC and does kenthal lol. The truth is most people using these devices would have no clue if it wasn't working properly. Not you or anyone here obviously but a large majority of vapors. I'm sure plenty of people have mods fail throw it out and by another without saying a word. Kinda goes both ways a bit.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I also love my HG2's! I usually buy mine from RTD Vapor. Fast shipping, good prices, great customer service, provide free battery cases with purchase, and their on Mooch the Battery Guru's preferred list.
All the above vendors mentioned are great ones though, and I agree with SirRichard that I would check them all and go with whomever is having the best sale at that moment.

SirRichard usually has some pretty spot on advice, but he forgot to mention that until recently the DNA devices were all just as good at being wheel chocks, boat anchors, personal defense weapons, territorial markers that could be seen from the International Space Station, etc. as they were at TC functions.
They were rather large heavy bricks that had to be tethered to a PC running Escribe that were remarkably efficient at putting your wallet on a diet.
Did I mention that the puff pieces that people, most of whom never used them for more than over glorified mechanicals, wrote on forums touting their wondrous disease curing abilities were rather entertaining? Lol.
Before you say it, yes I do have and do own DNA devices, and they are great and have their place. Are they innovative? yes. Are they overrated? Absolutely.
Mostly I'm just having some fun at their, and SirRichard's, expense.

Let the Trix bashing begin!
Popcorn is available on the mezzanine. Drinks at your kitchen faucet (don't even get me started on bottled water).
Be sure to tip your wait staff. I'll be here all week (tipping is not a city in China where mods come from).

:xD::p
Lol love my dna mod but never bothered with a 75. Am getting a dna250 mod soon as well. I do agree that I rarely recommend dna mods because of the learning curve only to a few users who say they are ok with it. I usually recommend fsk mods for people who want a great TC device.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol love my dna mod but never bothered with a 75. Am getting a dna250 mod soon as well. I do agree that I rarely recommend dna mods because of the learning curve only to a few users who say they are ok with it. I usually recommend fsk mods for people who want a great TC device.

If you like your DNA's, wait around here a bit for the "DNA drama" to unfold, lol. I've insulted the god of the cult that is DNA.
They'll be along shortly garnishing pitchforks and torches, wanting my head on a pike, not unlike the hell that the Provarinati would unleash at the slightest negative comment about a Provari in the days of old (and I was a Provari fanboy too, those things were bulletproof, efficient, and oh so smooth!); especially on the forum that shall not be named.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you like your DNA's, wait around here a bit for the "DNA drama" to unfold, lol. I've insulted the god of the cult that is DNA.
They'll be along shortly garnishing pitchforks and torches, wanting my head on a pike, not unlike the hell that the Provarinati would unleash at the slightest negative comment about a Provari in the days of old (and I was a Provari fanboy too, those things were bulletproof, efficient, and oh so smooth!); especially on the forum that shall not be named.
Lol I've heard the stories. I just love good mods could Carr less about the brand. Can't wait for a finder 167 or therion 167 though

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And let's be honest. I could hook a 9 volt battery up to a Boge 501 cart, stick it in a Billet Box case, and not only would everyone's nicotine fix be taken care of, but a vast majority of vapers wouldn't even be able to tell the difference, especially if we use a menthol liquid. lol
And then they'd run around and tell anyone who'd listen how they just had the vape of their life.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
On a completely unrelated topic, like we've been on topic, have you noticed that when putting a tank with an fairly prominent 510 on your alien that it will read it as a short, but removing and reinstalling it fixes the issue?
I have also noticed that when putting the tank on, I can hear noise from my 510 as the last couple of threads are turned that sound almost as if "the 510 wiring is stiff and breaking in".
Which is strange because Smok tanks are known for having long 510's and it doesn't do it with Baby Beast. So far just with my Subtank Plus, Subtank Mini, and TFV4.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
On a completely unrelated topic, like we've been on topic, have you noticed that when putting a tank with an fairly prominent 510 on your alien that it will read it as a short, but removing and reinstalling it fixes the issue?
I have also noticed that when putting the tank on, I can hear noise from my 510 as the last couple of threads are turned that sound almost as if "the 510 wiring is stiff and breaking in".
Which is strange because Smok tanks are known for having long 510's and it doesn't do it with Baby Beast. So far just with my Subtank Plus, Subtank Mini, and TFV4.
Haven't had my alien ever read as a short yet. Longest 510 I have is the tfv8

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to say the eVic as mine has been working flawlessly to date. And im pleased with joyetech since they push out updates even for older devices such as my vtc mini.

Anyway, i think the smok alien is a good choice as well. I just recommended that very same mod to a friend a few days back. Really like the size of the mod especially being a dual-battery mod.

As far as dna devices go, ive just bought mine recently. And yes, they are a tad overrated. Even i said so myself in one of my earlier posts when i just got my lavabox.

But to be honest, im really liking the tc aspect of it. Very accurate. And the vape i get out of it is better than what i got from my pico (in tc mode). Having said that though, it's not "$100" good. Imo, they are priced too high for what they are. I dont seem to notice much difference in vw mode when compared to my other mods. But it's nice to have tried a dna mod. And i just really had to have the lavabox the first time i saw it, fell in love with how it looks

VU Sponsors