Become a Patron!

Recommendation for 'pre built' Claptons, Aliens, Fused, etc..... for Griffin

Hey Guys,
Been a RTA guy for about 2 years now. Started with the Lemo 2 and now have the Griffin. I have always just thrown together a quick 'basic' build around .5ohms. Been wanting to try some of these cool looking builds but sure as hell don't wanna spend the time making these more complex builds. Vaping isn't a hobby for me and I am pretty lazy. Any recommendation of specific coils 'brands' 'sellers' etc. I went on ebay and saw a shit load of buying options.

I should also add that in haste last night I purchased the Demon 8 in 1 48 coils
Just did some research and it looks like I should probably have bought something else

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i use 28/30 SS 316L claptons in mine
8 wraps each .5ish ohms at 50 watts witha 4mm id
works great in my 3 griffins

Vaporbeast has the UD premade coils, 10-pack for $5.50. I mention these because I just received the Aliens and Staggered Framed Staples and they are really good. The aliens are "true" aliens not just triple core fused claptons. The staggereds have a few hiccups in the wraps but nothing thats affects performance. They have them in both Kanthal and SS, as well as a few other build options.

Two things to keep in mind. The aliens are fairly low res. for a dual coil build but adding a wrap brings a dual build to about .17ohms. Also, the pictures on the site DO NOT match the listing. Go buy the text of the listing and youll get what you need. For some reason they used a picture of a juggernaut coil for everything.

These come highly recommemded from a guy who also cant be bothered to buil his own complex coils. Hope it helps.

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally I don't use coils from china. They are very inexpensive, but the quality is typically not good, the metal/alloys used are an unknown, and the coil types are often mis-labeled.

There are three or four members here on VU who make and sell custom coils. They all use top quality wire, sourced in the USA. Their products are pretty pricey, but the quality is amazing. Like in most things, you get what you pay for.

H

Harry Nutczak

try the stuff from purecoils.com great quality. a little pricy, but the quality is A1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i highly recommend advancedvapesupply.com if you want SS wire or coils.
They have a good selection of clapton, fused clapton, twisted and braided wire. They always are running some sort of special.
you can buy 5' lengths or spools up to 30 ft at a great price of premade wire that you can then make your own coils with.

That is all I use in my 3 griffins and my petri rda. Their service is great
They sell on eBay, but you can get better deals form them off their website

Even our own raymo2u who alot of people buy coils form here, makes coils for them now.

The only thing you have to watch is with SS wire the resistance is much lower then Kanthal and if your doing dual coil remeber that whatever resistance they say a coiul is on teh site you have to cut that in half for dual coil.

But Ive been running their vertabraid wire and standard clapton wire for months now. I can easily get a month or more out a coil. IN fact the only reasons so far I have changed coils is to experiment with different ID and # of wraps etc.

VU Sponsors