Become a Patron!

Recommendations for Beginner

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK the Smok V8 Baby seems to be a little to much for my better half. From what she is saying it is producing to much vape. When we purchased these we just both got the same thing and the next day I also picked up a V8 Stick for myself with the Big Baby Beast on it. For me it is fine, but I think these rigs are probably set up for a sub ohm user to have a compact in pocket rig for when they don't want to take their box mod along.

Some suggestions for a little more passive experience would be appreciated. Below is a link to the best shop within an hour of our house. Not sure if that will help. Just looking to get something that will work that is readily available.

http://www.vapor-riffic.com

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's hard to beat the Nautilus for beginner MTL vapers

I see your guys have the Nautilus 2 - wonder if it is as good?

You could probably save a few bucks getting it online if you feel like waiting a day or two....

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks

Just jumped in my truck headed to work. My wife and son are actually heading down that way in a bit to pick me up an easyout set to pull a broken bolt out of one of my Harley's. They are going to stop by the vape shop while there and look.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK the Smok V8 Baby seems to be a little to much for my better half. From what she is saying it is producing to much vape. When we purchased these we just both got the same thing and the next day I also picked up a V8 Stick for myself with the Big Baby Beast on it. For me it is fine, but I think these rigs are probably set up for a sub ohm user to have a compact in pocket rig for when they don't want to take their box mod along.

Some suggestions for a little more passive experience would be appreciated. Below is a link to the best shop within an hour of our house. Not sure if that will help. Just looking to get something that will work that is readily available.

http://www.vapor-riffic.com
Here are a couple of beginner kits I reviewed.

Aspire Zelos Kit
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/330392/

Vaporesso Tarot Mini
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/325935/

Eleaf iStick Pico 25 Kit Review
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/328301/

Our of all the kits listed I would recommend the Vaporesso Tarot Mini or Nano kit. Especially if the Baby Beast was too much for her. The tank that comes with both Vaporesso kits is a lower wattage tank. If she is a straight MTL vaper then give the Zelos kit a serious look. It comes with the Nautilus 2 tank which is a legitimate MTL tank. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys for the info. I just talked to my son and they were just getting there to look and see what they had.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well don't know what happened to the suggestions i sent them. She ended up buying something called a MyJet Express. Said she got it to help her transition over to the Baby V8. Not my call, But her's. She has to figure it out for herself. I can't do that.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well don't know what happened to the suggestions i sent them. She ended up buying something called a MyJet Express. Said she got it to help her transition over to the Baby V8. Not my call, But her's. She has to figure it out for herself. I can't do that.

Think that is a cigalike-type thing

Don't know anything about it myself - hope it helps her get free from smokes, that is the important thing :)

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Think that is a cigalike-type thing

Don't know anything about it myself - hope it helps her get free from smokes, that is the important thing :)

I've been doing some looking online and that is what it is. She can use her own juice in it. So that is a plus. I kind of figure the best thing to do is just sit back and let here figure it out. From the videos I watched on it isn't much of a hitter. I kinda figure at some point as she becomes more accustomed to vaping that might encourage her to use the V8 Baby a little more. I think next Friday when I'm off I might go down to the vape store and see about replacing the Baby Beast on her V8 with a different tank and core setup a little more friendly to her.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The update to this situation is this. Payday I'm going to order a Nautilus setup to go on that Smok battery and pull the Baby beast off it. The Nautilus will be more to what she remembers. I will put the Baby beast back and start hunting me a box to put it on. Probably an Alien or a G150. I have time to figure it out.

VU Sponsors