Become a Patron!

Recommendations for best Mod Box (upto 100w) for 0.3ohm Atlantis

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey everyone,

Just wanted some recommendations on a Box Mod which I can vape the Atlantis 0.3ohm coil with. What's the most suitable one? I currently own the Aspire ESP 30 and use it for the 0.5ohm coil. Works a treat. I am a newbie to the vaping scene and need some advise....

Not looking for a monster Mod or anything, just something simple to use and not too bulky.
Don't think I need anything to go upto 100W ....maybe upto 80w?
IPV 4?, SX Mini M-Class (Seems to fancy for what I need...), Don't like Seigeli's - (too bulky),
Appreciate any advise,. Cheers.

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I work in a vape shop, and I hear this all the time and there are several choices you can take. If you currently have 18650 batteries, then I am a fan of the IPV mini V2, which is a good size 70 watt single battery mod. I have one and have been using for several months and I am very very pleased with it and they are a pretty good price, got mine for 60 bucks but stay away from the black one because the black paint just fell apart. the mod still works but I purchased a jwrap for mine and it looks great.
if you do not have batteries, the Istick 50 watt is great, it will fire to a .2 all day long, everyone in my shop uses it for their arctic .2ohm coil, 4400 mah battery is good and long lasting and good price.
I love the IPV4, and with the atlantis you have the option to get temperature control coils for your atlantis, and the temperature coils from vapor shark are awesome, I use them in my Heracles tank and it is awesome with the IPV4. I am using IPV4 but it is a pretty good size mod.
Segili just introduced a brand new 75 watt device that has temp control, I do not have experience with it, but I have a segili mini 30 watt box that is absolutely bullet proof and is a great size.
I really like Segili, they are a great company and if you stay away from the 100+ watt devices, they are great size. sorry if it was wordy but just giving you some ideas,
50 watt istick - 50 watt
ipv mini v2 - 70 watts
ipv 4 - 100 watt w/temp control (loving it, but it is good size)
segili 75 watt w/temp control

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IPV4 (great battery life plus temp limiting if you want it in the future), or a IPV mini V2, The SX Mini is a solid, solid mod. Pricy, but it is flat out reliable.

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I work in a vape shop, and I hear this all the time and there are several choices you can take. If you currently have 18650 batteries, then I am a fan of the IPV mini V2, which is a good size 70 watt single battery mod. I have one and have been using for several months and I am very very pleased with it and they are a pretty good price, got mine for 60 bucks but stay away from the black one because the black paint just fell apart. the mod still works but I purchased a jwrap for mine and it looks great.
if you do not have batteries, the Istick 50 watt is great, it will fire to a .2 all day long, everyone in my shop uses it for their arctic .2ohm coil, 4400 mah battery is good and long lasting and good price.
I love the IPV4, and with the atlantis you have the option to get temperature control coils for your atlantis, and the temperature coils from vapor shark are awesome, I use them in my Heracles tank and it is awesome with the IPV4. I am using IPV4 but it is a pretty good size mod.
Segili just introduced a brand new 75 watt device that has temp control, I do not have experience with it, but I have a segili mini 30 watt box that is absolutely bullet proof and is a great size.
I really like Segili, they are a great company and if you stay away from the 100+ watt devices, they are great size. sorry if it was wordy but just giving you some ideas,
50 watt istick - 50 watt
ipv mini v2 - 70 watts
ipv 4 - 100 watt w/temp control (loving it, but it is good size)
segili 75 watt w/temp control

Thanks Jasough!
Heaps of info here I can take on board.
But curious to know - the iStick 50W - only goes to 50W right? The Atlantis 0.3ohm coil recommended vape is between 70-80Watts. So a little confused here. This is I guess why I was looking at a Box mod which will go to approx. 70-80W.

I was considering the IPV Mini2 also as I think the IPV4 is too big compared to the SX Mini M-Class .
Cheers for the detailed info but would appreciate reply regarding the iStick 50W subject. .

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
IPV4 (great battery life plus temp limiting if you want it in the future), or a IPV mini V2, The SX Mini is a solid, solid mod. Pricy, but it is flat out reliable.

Thanks Zamazam,
Appreciate the info. I think I have mu sights on the IPV Mini V2....but will wait for Jasough to reply regarding the iStick 50 as I am a little confused. ~~~
Cheers.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to recommend the iStick 50 watt, but in all good conscience I can't any more due to a lot of issues cropping up with failures and the odd auto-fire if liquid gets into the switch. It happened to me once, so I cleaned out the switch with spray electronic cleaner. Mine work fine now, but I am still quite concerned with the mods showing a low power warning and not working despite having a full battery charge. I'd think twice on the iStick 50 at this point. You would be better served with the IPV Mini V2 or a EVIC VT at this point.

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I used to recommend the iStick 50 watt, but in all good conscience I can't any more due to a lot of issues cropping up with failures and the odd auto-fire if liquid gets into the switch. It happened to me once, so I cleaned out the switch with spray electronic cleaner. Mine work fine now, but I am still quite concerned with the mods showing a low power warning and not working despite having a full battery charge. I'd think twice on the iStick 50 at this point. You would be better served with the IPV Mini V2 or a EVIC VT at this point.
Thanks for your recommendation. I was leaning away form the iStick 50 also...I think I can get better if I paid a little more for it.
I am leaning towards the SX Mini M-Class as it has Everything AND MORE than I need...maybe I will use all the features it has to offer in the future!.
And plus, it looks & feels great in the hand. others seem JUST TOO BUlky.

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Jasough!
Heaps of info here I can take on board.
But curious to know - the iStick 50W - only goes to 50W right? The Atlantis 0.3ohm coil recommended vape is between 70-80Watts. So a little confused here. This is I guess why I was looking at a Box mod which will go to approx. 70-80W.

I was considering the IPV Mini2 also as I think the IPV4 is too big compared to the SX Mini M-Class .
Cheers for the detailed info but would appreciate reply regarding the iStick 50W subject. .
The Istick 50 wat only runs to 50 watts and it will fire the .3 ohm Atlantis coils. Most of the guys in my shop are using the Istick 50 because it is a good device, they use the arctic tank with the .2 ohm coil and at 50 watts it performs very well. But i mentioned it to you because i didnt know if u had batteries or not. It is a great start up mod with plenty of power and battery but some people just want the extra power. But Istick is a great device as a daily on the go mod, easy to use and battery lasts .

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As long as your conscious about not getting juice in the buttons and maintain it properly it will be a great mod, happy u got it back up and running well. But pretty much every device has issues with getting juice in the buttons so should always be cautious about where that juice is and ensure that its not leaking into any parts of ur mod.

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for your recommendation. I was leaning away form the iStick 50 also...I think I can get better if I paid a little more for it.
I am leaning towards the SX Mini M-Class as it has Everything AND MORE than I need...maybe I will use all the features it has to offer in the future!.
And plus, it looks & feels great in the hand. others seem JUST TOO BUlky.
The only reason I'm not a huge fan of the SX mini is its price tag, but everyone i know who has one absolutely loves it and it is a very good looking and ergonomically well built. That was one of the reasons i love my ipv mini 70 watt. Same basic design and very comfortable to hold and carry. I also absolutely love the temp limiting, just using nickel wire in General is such a better and cleaner taste. Blew my mind how much better the flavor is and i use the IPV4 for about three weeks now and im in love with it. Once u get past size its awesome but at the same time, it's about the same size as all the 100+watt box mods are and its more comfortable to hold because its not a box nice rounded edges and such. I recommend it to everyone !

WARNING:
Stay AWAY from the iPV 4 100w Box Mod. They are very popular however it has been discovered in the last 4 weeks that it has a MAJOR design flaw. The mod has one confirmed case of juice finding it's way into the charging hole (it honestly shouldn't have that hole to begin with because you can just take the 18650s out and charge them externally and it doesn't even come with a charger to use) and causing a short circuit leading the box to explode. Luckily no one was hurt. I also have friends who's iPV 4s have exploded on due to another flaw. There is also an issue with the short circuit protection. If juice finds its way into the 510 it will cause a short and cause the mod to explode if not detected and fixed very quickly. The charger hole issue can be fixed by taping up the hole while the battery door is off. There is not much you can do about the 510 other then only using tanks as over drippers are more likely to have this problem.

A friend of mine was driving in his car with the mod on the seat next to him when it blew. Luckily he was far enough away to where he was not hurt.ipv 4 warning.jpg

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
WARNING:
Stay AWAY from the iPV 4 100w Box Mod. They are very popular however it has been discovered in the last 4 weeks that it has a MAJOR design flaw. The mod has one confirmed case of juice finding it's way into the charging hole (it honestly shouldn't have that hole to begin with because you can just take the 18650s out and charge them externally and it doesn't even come with a charger to use) and causing a short circuit leading the box to explode. Luckily no one was hurt. I also have friends who's iPV 4s have exploded on due to another flaw. There is also an issue with the short circuit protection. If juice finds its way into the 510 it will cause a short and cause the mod to explode if not detected and fixed very quickly. The charger hole issue can be fixed by taping up the hole while the battery door is off. There is not much you can do about the 510 other then only using tanks as over drippers are more likely to have this problem.

A friend of mine was driving in his car with the mod on the seat next to him when it blew. Luckily he was far enough away to where he was not hurt.View attachment 22995
Gees!. Thanks for the warning. yeah I've heard there are issues with each and every Mod out there depending on what they are....
Wasn't planning on an IPV 4 100w+ anywayz after looking around.

Box

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only reason I'm not a huge fan of the SX mini is its price tag, but everyone i know who has one absolutely loves it and it is a very good looking and ergonomically well built. That was one of the reasons i love my ipv mini 70 watt. Same basic design and very comfortable to hold and carry. I also absolutely love the temp limiting, just using nickel wire in General is such a better and cleaner taste. Blew my mind how much better the flavor is and i use the IPV4 for about three weeks now and im in love with it. Once u get past size its awesome but at the same time, it's about the same size as all the 100+watt box mods are and its more comfortable to hold because its not a box nice rounded edges and such. I recommend it to everyone !
Thanks again for your reply....I do agree the price point for the SX Mini is the decider....but it's a sexy looking Mod and maybe worth paying the extra for quality and the features it offers as down the track, I may be purchasing another Mod. Hopefully if I get the SX Mini, I won't need to.

Thanks for the info. much appreciate it. I shall post again once I decide on a mod!

BTW, I built my FIRST EVER 0.5ohm HORIZONTAL coil in my Atlantis V2!!! After a couple of attempts, it finally works!
Using KGD cotton and I reckon the HORIZONTAL build is just as good if not better than the vertical coils. Will give the vertical ones a go soon too.
Cheers,
Box.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving to Regulated Mods...

My vote would be for a Sigelei, but OP has already said he doesn't like them. Interesting on the IPV4 claims, will wait to see if we start getting more reports along these lines...so far I haven't heard many complaints, but if there are real problems I imagine they'll start popping up in droves since there are so many of them in production.

Reactions: Box

Jasough

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Moving to Regulated Mods...

My vote would be for a Sigelei, but OP has already said he doesn't like them. Interesting on the IPV4 claims, will wait to see if we start getting more reports along these lines...so far I haven't heard many complaints, but if there are real problems I imagine they'll start popping up in droves since there are so many of them in production.
Been using my ipv4 for at least 3.5 weeks now and so far has been great! Id recommend to everyone

Reactions: Box

VU Sponsors