Become a Patron!

Recommendations on a new Mod

Knowledge318

Member For 1 Year
So I have the Wismec Reuleaux RX GEN3 and I’m not happy with it at all, the clips that hold the battery’s in were not designed every well, so I’m looking to my Vaping Family for some recommendations. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowledge318

Member For 1 Year
I have the Voopoo Drag best mod I have

I’ll look into it, how much did you pay for it so I know around about how much I should pay, also does it take 5 10 thread for the tanks? I have 3 Valyrian tanks and would hate to not be able to use them.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
12D7E336-115C-4588-9D98-6798B7394F0C.jpeg I would suggest the Asmodus Minikin’s v2. I have 2 they are both over a year old & still look & work great. They have great battery life too. I have a $5.00 off referral code if you’re interested at Eightvape.com. They start @ $69.99 - 84.95 depending on the color. I just got the Asmodus Lustro but I had to send it back cos the screen had a scratch on it so it’s on its way back to me. Haven’t spent enough time with the Lustro to recommend.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 106505 I would suggest the Asmodus Minikin’s v2. I have 2 they are both over a year old & still look & work great. They have great battery life too. I have a $5.00 off referral code if you’re interested at Eightvape.com. They start @ $69.99 - 84.95 depending on the color. I just got the Asmodus Lustro but I had to send it back cos the screen had a scratch on it so it’s on its way back to me. Haven’t spent enough time with the Lustro to recommend.
^^This^^

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll look into it, how much did you pay for it so I know around about how much I should pay, also does it take 5 10 thread for the tanks? I have 3 Valyrian tanks and would hate to not be able to use them.

I paid around $48 at vapordna

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I highly recommend the Squid Industries Double Barrel v2. Extremely simple, very durable, battery life is good and it's very small for a two cell mod.

AFAIK the Noisy Cricket is about as small as you can get for a 2x18650 mod. Placed against the Double Barrel it becomes clear that it would take some serious engineering to make it more compact. The functions are sparse as a design feature. No temperature control, bypass, memory or any other nonsense. Set your wattage where you like it and vape. Done. There is no USB port to fail and there's exactly 1 button. The fire button is used to adjust the wattage. Spin it and a satisfying click denotes the change in power. The fire button also handles the few adjustments available, those being flipping the display, locking the power adjustment (it will still fire, just doesn't allow the power to be changed) and power on/off.

I like a very hot vape so I always set my mods to ramp as hard as possible. I was a little unsure about the lack of adjustment on the DB, but was very happy to see that it ramps and hits very hard as delivered. I believe the wattage to be accurate and resistance is as accurate as my DNA mod. Only thing I would have liked is for the ability to run lower resistance builds. As it stands the board can handle 0.1ohm and above. I regularly run a little lower than that so it's not uncommon for me to have to put different coils in my rda when I move it from a tube mod. Kind of a hassle.

For practical purposes the DB is the best regulated mod I've owned and I've owned a few. The price is fair around $100. They have the new TAC21 mod which is similar but can take 2x700 and 18650 batteries. I'm sitting this one out for the time being because it sounds like there may be some small issues that need addressed.

Finally, I'm a fiddler by nature. I can't seem to leave shit alone. That's why I was surprised to find myself so fond of the DB. Usually I'd much prefer there to be a ton of menu settings to mess with. I get bored easily. The cool thing about the DB is that it's a great canvas if you are an artistic type. Almost all of my stuff is personalized in some way and my DB will be getting a new paint job when I get a chance.

Whatever you decide I wish you luck. I would definitely consider the DB though!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
9407177207a3f5b82e61588e3774a82b.jpg
d9007f2f3a23e45c176c00f3d118421c.jpg

Last edited:
Gtrs vboy has been a nice all around mod. I think vapordna has them for 50$ish at the moment. Either way hope you find the right one for you.

springer

Just like Jerry
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Cartel Revenant has treated me very well since I bought it. And it looks beautiful. I got mine for $80 from EightVape. BE1ACD19-A8CC-45F8-81E0-266200604349.jpeg

VU Sponsors