Become a Patron!

Recommended Entry Level Squonk Mod

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since hopefully everyone that squint will be here soon , what would be the recommendations on a decent entry level squonk that is not a kanger ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since hopefully everyone that squint will be here soon , what would be the recommendations on a decent entry level squonk that is not a kanger ?

I started with the REO, they are built like a tank, but their mech mods. You could probably find them for sale on the cheap in the VU classies, or at the classies at other place, I hate mentioning by name.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I've heard folks who have bought this squonker https://www.eciggity.com/geyscano-50-watt-box-mod-squonk-by-yiloong/

Not sure about the quality.

I got one.

It's great at that price. I got one when Eciggity had that 30% off so it brought it down to just over $20.

It isn't worth what some places are selling it for, I'd have felt ripped off for the $80 or more prices I see it sold for sometimes.

But for under $30 it's a real bargain. It's wider than the REO and a little pointy on the corners, very light, but it has grown on me :)

I did not use the atty it came with, looks not that great. Can't remember, its buried in the unloved vape gear box somewhere, lol.

If you're looking to try squonking at a bargain rate, I'd suggest the Geyscano but get the Velocity v2 clone while you're at it (comes with a bf and standard pin) and you're in for under $50. And if you don't like it, you still have a decent Velocity clone RDA.

I know Roxy liked the discount squonker they were selling at Focalcig

My first squonker was an REO clone with a chalice III clone atty I got from some guy churning them out on eBay for $60. I loved it so much that I invested the cash in authentics . I still have the clone and it still works - but it's no REO.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got one.

It's great at that price. I got one when Eciggity had that 30% off so it brought it down to just over $20.

It isn't worth what some places are selling it for, I'd have felt ripped off for the $80 or more prices I see it sold for sometimes.

But for under $30 it's a real bargain. It's wider than the REO and a little pointy on the corners, very light, but it has grown on me :)

I did not use the atty it came with, looks not that great. Can't remember, its buried in the unloved vape gear box somewhere, lol.

If you're looking to try squonking at a bargain rate, I'd suggest the Geyscano but get the Velocity v2 clone while you're at it (comes with a bf and standard pin) and you're in for under $50. And if you don't like it, you still have a decent Velocity clone RDA.

I know Roxy liked the discount squonker they were selling at Focalcig

My first squonker was an REO clone with a chalice III clone atty I got from some guy churning them out on eBay for $60. I loved it so much that I invested the cash in authentics . I still have the clone and it still works - but it's no REO.
Saw the velocity last night during a bout of insomnia Gona grab it sometime today , will go to look at the others now to see how the are .

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I kind of like the Kanger Dripbox. Don't know why it gets so much hate, especially now that you can find them sub 20 bucks. The included atty is a throwaway, but the device itself is light, comfortable in the hand, and works just fine. I'll reach for the Dripbox before I'll pick up my Reo clone.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I kind of like the Kanger Dripbox. Don't know why it gets so much hate, especially now that you can find them sub 20 bucks. The included atty is a throwaway, but the device itself is light, comfortable in the hand, and works just fine. I'll reach for the Dripbox before I'll pick up my Reo clone.

Yeah, if I was in need of another a modestly priced squonker I would probably get one - it's the atty it comes with that is supposed to suck, not the mod itself

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once I get the velocity v2 , I may try one and see how it is but I hear a lot of negative about it , but in the same , lots of people have and use them , it could be just a cheap box that everyone is scared it is gonna just quit working .

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Once I get the velocity v2 , I may try one and see how it is but I hear a lot of negative about it , but in the same , lots of people have and use them , it could be just a cheap box that everyone is scared it is gonna just quit working .

That would be my guess - while I don't own one yet, a lot of vapers whose opinions I have learned to trust think they are great for what they are: a cheap squonker.

I know the atty it comes with gets a solid thumbs down

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a first Squonker The Reo or the Clone Reo Grand are excellent. If you go clone also buy a hand file so you can run a 22mm atty, otherwise get a Challice 3 clones are like $7. Never used the Focal ecig one but it's basically the same thing as the Reo. Note, in order to vape at lower than about .7ohm, all of these except maybe an original Reo will require upgrading the neg spring contacts. Reo Clone with a Hobo 3 atty is my ADV. Also have the Challice 3, it does give better flavor and a better vape but the Hobo is black and looks better.

Regulated, IDK, but for $30 can't see how you can loose with the eccigity deal. I like the Steam Crave 75w squonker, but haven't found any user reviews on it yet.

Any body have a pic with both a Reo and any other squonkers for size comparison.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Challice 3 clones are like $7

Can you post a link to this?

The only chalice III clone I've been able to find lately does not even closely resemble the authentic or the clones that were made a year ago. I do have both.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can you post a link to this?

The only chalice III clone I've been able to find lately does not even closely resemble the authentic or the clones that were made a year ago. I do have both.

Yeah, sorry, been awhile since I looked.. Guess they can't be had for $7 anymore.. I got mine at Fattech, seems they discontinued. The A6 focalecig is calling a Chalice 3 clone, they are blind I guess. Anyway, I have one of those also. It's not a bad atty, just relly tiny. No, mine isn't a perfect clone... But then I got it because it fit the mod I was buying and less than $10, not because it was a 1:1 clone. Heck I'm not sure I have ever even seen the original, for sure.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I loved my old clone (almost 1:1) so much I didn't think an authentic would be that much better - but it definitely is.

But I'd kill to be able to get several more of the older clones :( I can afford those :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm always on the lookout for a decent (looks and price) regulated squonk box, but nothing so far that isn't a brick or really expensive, even got a couple of bottom fed atties in my collect dust box, just waiting to be used.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My view on a good starter squonker are either the coppervape, or a SIB Grunt Box (made by Vets!). It's an all in one mosfet protected box with a great atty, lots of spare parts.

Here's what mine looks like:

SIBgreen__08708.1427478149.1280.1280.jpg

Tamer El-Meehy

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My view on a good starter squonker are either the coppervape, or a SIB Grunt Box (made by Vets!). It's an all in one mosfet protected box with a great atty, lots of spare parts.

Here's what mine looks like:

SIBgreen__08708.1427478149.1280.1280.jpg
Can you post a link to the Grunt box please? How is it performing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dre will run another CopperVape group-buy if he can get eight takers.

Silver, black or white only

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, ...it's the atty it comes with that is supposed to suck, not the mod itself
I fear that many vapers will be turned off from squonking because there are so many starter kits made up with very poor attys. A bottom feed is more complex than an RDA, & if it doesn't feed & drain properly, it will deliver a pathetic squonk.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I fear that many vapers will be turned off from squonking because there are so many starter kits made up with very poor attys. A bottom feed is more complex than an RDA, & if it doesn't feed & drain properly, it will deliver a pathetic squonk.

That is a very good point

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All starter kit add on atties suck. Imo... most kit are like tha t. You either get a crapy atty with a good mod or t have e other way around. But it's a rare thing that both components in a kit are great.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never even tried the Kanger atty. But I dig my Dripbox...
I've been using it as a "travel squonk" - and I've been flying somewhere every week this month...

Anyway - for "entry level" I don't know you can beat it.
Get a Dripbox and a clone NarDa.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone tried the steamcrave 60w squonker ? Was looking at a regulated and that seems to be a cheap / nicer entry box , just want some opinions if anyone has one

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Dripbox itself is good shit. The stock atty/coils are shit tho

VU Sponsors