Become a Patron!

Recommended Mod for Kayfun V4 Mechanical or Regulated?????

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought a
SoveMesto V4 Rebuildable PVD coated Blue RBA kayfun Clone and I am looking for recommendations as to either using an unregulated mechanical mod for this or go with a regulated mod box, hell can I use a regulated mod box with a rebuildable, I do like the idea of having some control over the voltage, but I wanted to get into building some coils and experimenting. I have 26650 batteries available, and 18650's both good high drain high amp units, so I could go the mechanical mod, as they are simple, just seeking some advice and recommendations.

Oh yes I am a bit anal about things coordinating, so I am seeking something "Blue" to match up with the V4.

LOLSoveMesto V4 Rebuildable PVD coated Blue RTA RBA RDA kayfun.JPG

DanRo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i use my kayfun4 with a nemesis mec mod :) silver on silver works great

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought a
SoveMesto V4 Rebuildable PVD coated Blue RBA kayfun Clone and I am looking for recommendations as to either using an unregulated mechanical mod for this or go with a regulated mod box, hell can I use a regulated mod box with a rebuildable, I do like the idea of having some control over the voltage, but I wanted to get into building some coils and experimenting. I have 26650 batteries available, and 18650's both good high drain high amp units, so I could go the mechanical mod, as they are simple, just seeking some advice and recommendations.

Oh yes I am a bit anal about things coordinating, so I am seeking something "Blue" to match up with the V4.

LOLView attachment 23446

The kayfuns arent really super low ohm tanks..Most tend to find the sweet spot for flavor around 1.2 ohm..Power wise i would say no more than 15 watts.

Using it with a mechanical means your wattage is going to be based on the coil build and then as battery power drops so does the performance of the tank....I would recommend a regulated mod so you can find your sweet spot regardless of what you coil turns out to be ohm wise and maintain it through out the charge of the battery...Set it to one spot and forget it basically.

Dont know that much about Smowell products but then again i havent really heard bad things about them either...65 watts will be more than enough to use the kayfun however...If you get it let us know how it works..Thats an amazing price for 65 watts.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have heard some good things about the Smowell and for $34 it is worth a shot!

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I build my V4 with Kanthal at about 1.0-1.3 and it works well on just about any regulated device. You could try the blue istick 50W. I use it on the black one. I also build it with Nickel at about .15 and run it on my IPV4 and eVic VT. Works well on both. Flavor is generally good on the Kayfuns but I think it's even better with Nickel and Temp control.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I really enjoy my Russian 91% on a regulated mod. I build micros at about 1.2 to 1.8 with cotton wick for it. I agree that don't do well at high wattages. I use mine on a color coordinated Provari.

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the replies, yeah I read some good reviews on the mid and the price was great, will report, yep doing blue on blue, regarding could build, wanted to try 1.2, 1.8 maybe 2.0, be my first coils, got to look up the wraps for them, I have some 24g and 26 Kanthal wire to start with and some Japanese cotton

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the replies, yeah I read some good reviews on the mid and the price was great, will report, yep doing blue on blue, regarding could build, wanted to try 1.2, 1.8 maybe 2.0, be my first coils, got to look up the wraps for them, I have some 24g and 26 Kanthal wire to start with and some Japanese cotton

What size mandrel are you going to wrap on? A 1.5mm coil with 26g will require about a 17/16 wrap to get 1.5ohms. That's a lot to fit in a Kayfun. You could get that down to about a 10/9 with a 3mm mandrel using 26g.

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
More than likely a 3mm..... It is good for single or dual coils, but I think I will go with a single to start...

John Vezirian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, I am looking more for flavor, clouds are cool, but I guess more of a flavor man...

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Single will give tons of flavor, and burn through a lot less juice.
Let us know how it works out.

An update to my post... I am looking at this unit to run my V4... Opinions?

http://www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_177549.html
http://www.cigbuyer.com/heatvape-invader-mini-mod/

Take a look at the heat vape invader mini in blue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just bought a

LOLView attachment 23446

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
More than likely a 3mm..... It is good for single or dual coils, but I think I will go with a single to start...
I build on 2.5, 7/8 wraps of 26g and it's usually around 1.0-1-1. Much easier to get the build right with the 2.5. You won't be able to do more than 9/10 wraps (micro) and get it to fit with 3mm. I think the Kayfun's sweet spot is about 1.2-1.5 and 13-18 watts

EditedMushroom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to have a Kayfun lite and I'd always build it around 1.3-1.8 ohms. Built on a 3mm bit. 1.8 was if I got lucky lol. I know everyone is saying 15 watts but I was always able to push mine higher for what I considered better flavor. Usually in the 20-28 watt range. BUT that's just how I prefered it, I know everyone has their own way so I'd say get some different types of wire, a mod that's at least 50w, and some different sizes to build with. We can tell you what to do all day but the tinkering your own way is what makes it truly fun. No pun intended.

maybe it was intended.

VU Sponsors