Become a Patron!

Recurve Dual

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have the Recurve Dual yet? I'm thinking of picking one up, wanted to hear initial impressions.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my Recurve Dual Black and for me it’s not something to write home about. Maybe with a different that will change with a different setup. I was hoping to get at the very least, same type density and flavor. I used ss 316L spaces wraps at .4

So all in all - it’s a bit underwhelming for me.

Last edited:

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard its not particularly leak-resistance when over-squonked. That stopped me from buying it because that was the design feature I loved most about the original Recurve. I could squonk hard enough to cover the entire coil without it leaking. Maybe Mike was going for something different with the new design, but I feel like he missed an opportunity to create a great dual coil RSA.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
How is the Recurve Dual different than any other side airflow postless deck RDA?

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
still vaping it - it’s a good allrounder, it vapes like the original I think just denser cloud - fixed some things from the original ..,top cap does get hot quick though so I stick with coils that don’t need more than 65W

on the squonking front both much a like as well leave cotton raised off the deck a little...using a pumper mod it’ll take 6 or so shots without leaking

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
still vaping it - it’s a good allrounder, it vapes like the original I think just denser cloud - fixed some things from the original ..,top cap does get hot quick though so I stick with coils that don’t need more than 65W

on the squonking front both much a like as well leave cotton raised off the deck a little...using a pumper mod it’ll take 6 or so shots without leaking

Are the AF holes small enough that it doesn't leak when squnoked? Not just a baby squonk, but hard enough to reach the bottom of the coils...assuming you're using 70/30 or 80/20 of course.

I honestly wanna pick one up cause I love the original single version so much. But I have so many nice dual coil RDAs (mainly bottom AF) that I'd rather drip with, so the Recurve Dual would kinda need to find it's own niche (like on a dual battery squonker) if I'm gonna spend the money on it.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Are the AF holes small enough that it doesn't leak when squnoked? Not just a baby squonk, but hard enough to reach the bottom of the coils...assuming you're using 70/30 or 80/20 of course.

I honestly wanna pick one up cause I love the original single version so much. But I have so many nice dual coil RDAs (mainly bottom AF) that I'd rather drip with, so the Recurve Dual would kinda need to find it's own niche (like on a dual battery squonker) if I'm gonna spend the money on it.

I’d say it’s not different enough for what you are after :) coil position is exactly the same as the original...airflow holes are the same height as well

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my Recurve Dual Black and for me it’s not something to write home about. Maybe with a different that will change with a different setup. I was hoping to get at the very least, same type density and flavor. I used ss 316L spaces wraps at .4

So all in all - it’s a bit underwhelming for me.

I ended up getting the “plastic” smaller chamber hoping to get the flavor as if from the original- nope. If anyone has any builds tips please let me know.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
tri core fused Clapton’s? Tried those
As always you are one step ahead my friend. Just recently changed all my dual coil attys from framed staples to spaced try-core Clapton's. The faster ramp up and faster heat dissipation added a more crisp sweet flavor with a cooler top cap that allows me to chain vape a little longer before the flavor drops off.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
As always you are one step ahead my friend. Just recently changed all my dual coil attys from framed staples to spaced try-core Clapton's. The faster ramp up and faster heat dissipation added a more crisp sweet flavor with a cooler top cap that allows me to chain vape a little longer before the flavor drops off.

yeah I stick to builds like that especially on attys like this where top cap heat is a problem and want to maintain a warm dual coil vape sub 70W

I stuck with 3mm ID but it can get in 3.5 can also try that. Also try not to space them too much, just enough to stop hotspots maybe, but I found contact coils perform better in the dual

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yeah I stick to builds like that especially on attys like this where top cap heat is a problem and want to maintain a warm dual coil vape sub 70W

I stuck with 3mm ID but it can get in 3.5 can also try that. Also try not to space them too much, just enough to stop hotspots maybe, but I found contact coils perform better in the dual
Sounds like the recurve dual and reload X have that common problem. My X would get hot quick with framed staples. Even a 2.5mm staple would heat the cap fast. Now I'm rocking 3mm tri-cores with 6 wraps and love it.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found the Recurve Dual on sale and gave it a try. Figured I'd at least get the coil-cutting tool if the RDA wasn't that great lol. @KingPin! is right, it's a decent RDA all around. It's putting off some decent flavor so far, squonks great (but not as good as the single IMO), and it's made to Wotofo's higher standard. One thing I really like: all 6 AF holes can be slightly closed to restrict the pull, while still distributing air evenly across the coils. I've only put one build in it though, my opinion could def change with more use.

VU Sponsors