Become a Patron!

Red Colour on wick RDA Goon Clone

sharpteeth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I bought a RDA Goon clone about a month ago and lately I started noticing that when I pull my wick out to re-wick I have this reddish colour where the coils were. Could it be rust from it being a cheaper version? I took the Rda apart and I cannot find any rusting or anything like that. I have been using the same juice TDK Archer for past few weeks which is a clear juice. I have stopped using the Goon clone all together but would like some input. Thanks guy!

Attachments

• IMG_3636.JPG
    IMG_3636.JPG
    680 KB · Views: 11

sharpteeth

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just because its the second set of coils to this to me. There fused claptons .2. Brand new just installed and continues to do this.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How much food coloring is in the juice? Also how much sweetener? All of those can contribute to early carbonizing in the wicking, which this appears to be. Check and thoroughly clean the whole RDA, see if you are getting any corrosion wiping off.

Also are the coils made with Kanthal, NiChrome, Stainless Steel??

Another way to slow this down, don't store the RDA when not in use with any juice on the wick, if the juice has any acidity it will corrode the coils, in other words set the RDA aside for a while when the wicks are almost dry not fully saturated.

VU Sponsors