Reddit bans giveaways and other stuffs...

Discussion in 'Reddit Rewind' started by Canadian Vaper, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Canadian Vaper

Canadian Vaper Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/announceme...addition_to_sitewide_rules_regarding_the_use/

Edit*
    Update from ECR Admin.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    l7weenie, Zamazam, Scope666 and 3 others like this.
  2. MadCow Vapors

MadCow Vapors The Masters Of Flavors VU Vendor VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, we just got hit today. Our Reddit account was permanently banned this morning.

3. VaporJoe

VaporJoe >> BREAKS SHIT << Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership ECF Refugee Show Host Reddit Exile Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    Wow just saw that... so all vape gear is now banned for giveaways. That's a lot of accounts that are going to get wiped out. It also hurts awareness and people that made livings using reddit as a part of their sales platform.

UncleRJ, Zamazam, burley and 4 others like this.
  4. MadCow Vapors

MadCow Vapors The Masters Of Flavors VU Vendor VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Yeah apparently, we had a single giveaway post active, and 1 Sale post active the night before, and the next morning, we had a permanent ban for advertising prohibited content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. VaporJoe

VaporJoe >> BREAKS SHIT << Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership ECF Refugee Show Host Reddit Exile Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    So this means you can't even sell it. Can you link to products?

6. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    Oh yes, it’s terrible to consider the Reddit platform was supposed to support “freedom” and this is how they do it.....

7. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    Not at all. No sales, no giveaways, no linking to prohibited content. And e-cigs and liquid are now under their prohibited content.

8. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thank the FDA for Deeming e-Cigs as a Tobacco product because it falls under ATF.

MadCow Vapors likes this.
  9. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    I still feel that’s garbage. It’s not a tobacco product in any way, especially 0mg. I digress...

Zamazam, DIYjim, Rossum and 2 others like this.
  10. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Oh yes I agree wholeheartedly seeing a fucking sticker on the boxes for MOD's, Coils and other vape gear saying it contains Nicotine and is a Tobacco Product. Since when can you make a freaking Aluminum MOD out of Tobacco? My coils are 100% cotton plus Stainless Steel or Maybe Kanthal wire. Where is the Tobacco product? I have even called the FDA and gave them an earful and could never get an answer how they consider these products a Tobacco Product! Still waiting for over 2 years for the Supervisor to call me....................

11. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
  12. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    From the link @r055co posted................

"We understand that this rule change blows, please understand it is out of our hands. The admins have made it very clear that this will happen, or ECR will be shuttered. We as a community will not let that happen."

This is until they figure out what is classified as ENDS.......................

VaporJoe likes this.
  13. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the clarification. This does effect some hardware - things like pod systems that already have juice in it. However does it also ban dual use items like Menthol Crystals, bottles, etc? Things that can be used in ejuice but aren't specific to ejuice. What about zero nic?

14. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    Well vendors have a home here to sell , do contests and talk about ejuice. Just hit up @SMOKIE to get your subforum. We don't charge.

15. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Looks like zero nic is included in the ban, since the fucking FDA considers 0mg nic a tobacco product.

16. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    0mg is still in the rule for Reddit, hardware is fine, so as long as the link doesn’t contain any e-liquid products. I seen on the Reddit post in big bold letters “THIS INCLUDES 0MG ELIQUIDS”

17. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    wow 0 nic too? So a bottle of PG is a tobacco product now? I guess smoke machines at concerts are now a controlled substance?

18. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    The DIYejuice sub is scrambling to save their content as we speak. Tons of flavor reviews, recipes, mixing contests, all that content can vanish over night if Reddit wants. They got rid of links to nicotine vendors, and stuff like that to try and comply.

19. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    0MG is still considered a Tobacco Product according to the FDA so in my opinion the Reddit Admins or whomever is scrabbling to figure out WTF they are doing. Remember everything for vaping is considered a Tobacco Product.

VaporJoe likes this.
  20. r055co

Blog Posts:
    I've brought this up a number of times but want to throw it out again. These juice companies should start selling flavor shots, label them for what they are "Food Flavoring". Sell the shots in the size that would go for a 30ml bottle, then when the FDA hammer comes down with flavor bans and enforcing Aug 8th you're still in business for PG/VG can easily be bought and all one needs to have is a few liters of 100mg nic in the freezer.

Rossum, VaporJoe and MadCow Vapors like this.
  21. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Makes me kind of Glad that I never did more than read some Reddick Posts on rare occasions.................

VaporJoe and MadCow Vapors like this.
  22. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    Terrible man. Terrible.

Rossum and Just Frank like this.
  23. r055co

Blog Posts:
    PG and VG as long as it's not labeled with anything Vape related can easily be bought at a drug store, Amazon, etc.

VaporJoe likes this.
  24. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    Here is another good question. Can you talk about a vape supplier for their hardware, but they also sell ejuice? That could really f things up.

25. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    That's what I keep saying. But as long as you dont mix flavoring into the bottle and slap a vape label on it you're good. We make our own fog juice every year for our Halloween party. I even add some TFA sour flavoring to it to give it a weird smell in the air. I guess I'm forcing people to use tobacco this way? XD

26. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    You're free to talk about them, as long as there is no advertising or links.

KingPin! and VaporJoe like this.
  27. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I was banned long ago from Reddit. The user base hated me over there and just got my whole subreddit banned. Was going very well too. Now more then ever I'm happy I started this place.

28. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    Wow so even if your talking about hardware only you cant link?

29. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, I may have stated that wrong. You can link to hardware yes, so as long as the link doesn't contain any prohibited material on the landing page I.E any e-liquid offers etc.

30. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    So vendors will have to make special reddit compliant front ends if people want to talk about them. wow.

31. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Oh hell yeah. This is the best place ever.

32. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I am Happy you started this place also and got rid of a couple of Moderators who thought they owned the joint~!

33. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah, this is the best vape forum by far. I loved this place as a consumer, and as a vendor. Much love from us!

34. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I didn't know Reddit did giveaways. I hate the format over there and its hard to get used to. I LOVE giveaways. I didn't really try to win anything until this year. I can't afford to buy all the new new. So it's nice to win some of that stuff for free.

MadCow Vapors, VaporJoe and SteveS45 like this.
  35. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    People posted giveaways in Reddit. Like Facebook

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

36. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Sad day for redditors must be causing absolute mayhem for the users and staff of the subs

Thanks for sharing @Canadian Vaper

Zamazam, Canadian Vaper and VaporJoe like this.
  37. VaporJoe

Blog Posts:
    I could imagine. Crazy

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

38. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    This mayhem is going viral and they say us vapers are a minimal percentage.

39. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    This is just the beginning.
    It is part of the FDA Deeming Regs.
    Only licensed tobacco product sellers, no free products, no advertising, etc.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  40. r055co

Blog Posts:
    @VaporJoe I think we should have a Members Only section that is not visible to net and webcrawlers blocked. I've done this, PM if you think this is an option for VU Joe. I'm not some hobbyist, I can send you my linkedin profile for experience/references to let you know I'm not full of shit.

burley, JuicyLucy, Rossum and 2 others like this.
  41. Canadian Vaper

Blog Posts:
    For Canadians it was one of the main places for Ejuice giveaways because nicotine importation laws..

Such a shame..

CECR opened up a discord, we didn't get shut down yet but if some jerk comes on while the mods are sleeping and makes a juice contest we could be fucked...

42. Canadian Vaper

Blog Posts:
    This is what pisses me off, these rules essentially apply US regulations to the whole world, meanwhile some governments are pushing these products to get off of tobacco.

They are screwing their userbase, the only reason I joined reddit was because of vaping, once CECR/ECR finds a new home I'll be dropping reddit even the ones I do use outside of vaping because of this.

43. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.

Sounds like they are trying to push vaping off of Reddit

Zamazam, burley, JuicyLucy and 2 others like this.
  44. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    I really think they are. They attacked vaping once, it made since though, the 18+ thing. But this, it just doesn’t make much sense. Why “fix” something that isn’t broken.

Zamazam, JuicyLucy and f1r3b1rd like this.
  45. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Fuck`m, there's other avenues that can/would work out better than Reddit

Huckleberried and JuicyLucy like this.
  46. MadCow Vapors

Blog Posts:
    Oh yeah by far!

r055co likes this.
  47. Canadian Vaper

Blog Posts:
    Some people are working on a Redditish clone for those who are affected by this.

48. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Actually a real forum would much better than a Reddit Clone

49. Canadian Vaper

Blog Posts:
    A lot of people like reddit for what it is, cheap and easy, can make a throwaway account in 10 seconds and become anonymous is a major perk, the ability to make your own subs without any real approval or anything etc..

I love forums for forums but reddit really is a different animal.

50. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Funny thing is, they aren’t hurting vaping. They are just helping to galvanize it.