Reddit bans giveaways and other stuffs...

Discussion in 'Reddit Rewind' started by Canadian Vaper, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Rossum

Rossum Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Lawyers actually love it when laws and regulations are written like that because it ensures they'll get paid to argue about it in court.

The Cromwell likes this.
  2. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yep I think lawyers help to write the laws that way.

3. Arthur-VU

Arthur-VU Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I understand.

However, I feel it is only a matter of time before it is illegal to actually vape here in the US if Big Tobacco throws enough money around.

At that point, I may just emigrate to the UK and leave 'the colonies' as they sometimes still call us.

inspects likes this.
  4. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Big Tobacco has a dog in the race but the 800 lb gorilla which is pulling most all of the strings is Big Pharma.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Rossum and inspects like this.
  5. Time

Time Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    So does law enforcement and prosecuters.

There is currently a big controversy in the equine industry over horse trailers and having to have a CDL. Ask three different DOT officials to clarify the regs and you get three different answers. Of course, all of the negative consequences, even if you are quite sure you'll win in court, fall on the individual hauling horses as they will seize your livestock(not allow continued transport) until the court decides the case.

At any rate, I have a hard time singling out vaping regs to bitch about in these forums as many of the commenters bitching about vaping regs that effect them have no problem supporting regs that effect others. I'm not inclined to want to join in their bitch fest about the regs that effect them when they have no intention of helping me and others that are effected by other bullshit regs.

Vaping regs is actually the least of my concerns. I have enough gear and juice making supplies that they can't make it very difficult on me. The libtarded vapers that want to fight vaping regs are often enough fine and supportive of other regs that harm me. I have a hard time giving a shit if the FDA fucks them over on vaping while they're fine with other regs fucking me and others.

6. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    So bitch about them only supporting their own regs interests and you state that you are doing the same thing?

Yeah the 'It's all about me' society.
    Humans...

And yes I have you on ignore but peeked since I thought you MIGHT have something constructive to add to this thread.
    alas...

7. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I definitely be interested in getting my subforum back.

Huckleberried likes this.
  8. Time

Blog Posts:
    No, libtard. If you ever wondered why we put a "tard" at the end of "lib", it's because of posts like that one.

I gave ONE example of thousands. It came to mind because it's a current hot topic.

My point was simple, why the fuck would I help with this ONE issue of vaping when there are thousands of regulations that fucktards like you are just fine and dandy with?

Vaping regs are a single issue. The big picture is all the regulation. Solving the vaping regulation only solves vaping regulations. Solving the over regulation problem as whole, solves the over regulation problem as a whole. I'm not about to join a single issue when most of the fucks that would benifit will do nothing about the other thousands of nanny state regs.

I've never signed or lobbied or financially supported on behalf of vaping because many of the posters in the vaping community are big government nanny types and they might as well suffer the consequences of a big nanny government. Why would I help them not suffer the consequences when they are fine with the consequences of regulations that don't effect them?

The vaping regulations are a symptom of a much larger problem. Fighting the vaping regulations is like taking a pill for a stuffy nose when you have the flu but doing nothing for the fever, nausia, shits and everything else that comes with it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  9. Mattp169

Mattp169 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    :popcorn:;)

10. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    So how does one become informed of these issues that you care about?

When/where/how does one join the revolution?

Please advise. :)

11. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
  12. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
  13. Time

Blog Posts:
    LOL.

I dunno, read a newspaper, watch some news, read a book, listen to the radio, google or other types of web searches, youtube?

If you can't find anything other than vaping regulations that are fucktarded, I don't know what to tell you.

A quick web search for "stupid regulations" comes up with some good ones.

25 Stupid Government Regulations That Will Make You Shake Your ...
    10 Government Regulations Too Stupid to Believe | Bankable Insight
    12 Ridiculous Government Regulations That Are Almost Too Bizarre ...
    19 Ridiculous Federal Criminal Laws and Regulations | FreedomWorks
    Suffocated By Red Tape – 12 Ridiculous Regulations That Are Almost ...

There's a start. You know, I'd like to buy mouse poison that actually kills a mouse. The old lightbulbs because we use them in automatic waterers to keep them from freezing. I think you'll be able to think of a few of your own if you put your mind to it.

One can join the revolution simply by educating ones self of the nanny state. Maybe start here.
    Why Liberty and the Nanny State Are Incompatible - Foundation for ...

Rossum likes this.
  14. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Just can't post in another thread without bringing your political bias with you huh?
    Last time I look at any post from you for a long time.
    what an ass.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  15. Time

Blog Posts:
    Regulation is political, fucktard.

pol·i·tics
    ˈpäləˌtiks/
    noun
    noun: politics
    the activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, especially the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power.
    "the president's relationship with Congress is vital to American politics"
    synonyms: government, affairs of state, public affairs;
    diplomacy

"a career in politics"
    • the activities of governments concerning the political relations between countries.
      plural noun: politics
      "in the conduct of global politics, economic status must be backed by military capacity"
    • the academic study of government and the state.
      "a politics lecturer"

Rossum likes this.
  16. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    I am new to VU, and I wanted to know - is this kind of name-calling and these personal attacks a frequent thing here on VU?

I for one, am quite offended to read this kind of thing now, and mind you, I'm no snowflake, nor a prude, but surely there is a more polite way to communicate than resorting to such malicious tactics.

Maybe it's time for some folks to take a deep breath and walk away from the keyboard for a while?

Surely this kind of negative energy can be redirected towards something more productive rather than just repeatedly trading insults.

Do what you must, but this has derailed the thread into a slug-fest.

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!

Whiskey, Pastorfuzz and The Cromwell like this.
  17. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    "backed by military capacity".. I wonder where Homeland stashed all the munitions they purchased?

18. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Some dumbbasses deserve to be addressed in this fashion and if you stick around a while you find that it is well deserved.

Time likes this.
  19. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Apologies on my part.
    Walking away from this thread.

20. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the reply.

I've got a pretty thick skin, and no plans to run away and cry into my cookie jar. :)

If there are repeat offenders and disliked by enough other VU members, why not just silently report them to the mods, rather than engage and feed the parasitic and destructive behavior with more ammo to be used back at oneself?

Nobody is helped by endlessly regurgitating negativity.

21. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
  22. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Shit they say your are ignored but still read what you post!

Time likes this.
  23. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    This isn't ECF and the Moderators here only intervene when people get really out of line.

Rossum and TygerTyger like this.
  24. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    I guess that with my optimistic outlook towards humanity, I am destined to witness lots of disappointment.

Despair is not an option for me.

25. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    I was never on ECF, but thanks for the info.

I will temper my response to such content here in the future.

26. SteveS45

Blog Posts:

Shit you seem like a decent sort of folk and I would not worry about tempering your responses since nothing you have said so far broke any of the limited rules here. Hell you got the CromDouche to leave~! Good One

Time likes this.
  27. Time

Blog Posts:
    Some people don't deserve respect or tempered responses.

Cromwell can ignore me, and says he is going to two or three times a week but he reads every single post and comments often.

SteveS45 likes this.
  28. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    That is until you tell him to man up and if he wants to read what you post go ahead but do not even address you. Then he will post comments like he never read it but everyone sees he is addressing what you posted. That is what you call a real poser.

Rossum and Time like this.
  29. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the kind words. I had no intent to drive anyone away, only to slow the surge of negativity and potentially help to diffuse it. No, I am no moderator, I am just some dumb schmo, trying to make friends here on VU.

Last thing I want is to make others feel bad.

I dont know about whatever history of conflict folks have here, and I really dont care either, it is all truly none of my business as I have my own life to worry about.

In my time on this planet in this life, I've learned that trying to changes hearts and minds of others has usually been a futile effort if they are on a totally different path than mine. I've also learned that hostility usually provokes hostility as a response.

I only know what I saw in the moment, and it was friction and negativity - nothing more and nothing less, and my sole intent was to try and diffuse that.

My own rules for my own behavior are to 'respect others' and 'don't be a jerk' and these are not hard to follow for me, despite how angry I get or how passionate I am about my other beliefs.

Maybe I am just naiive in hoping that other folks might also have a similar discipline for themselves?

Anyway, I fault no one. No worries from me. Please carry on...

Pastorfuzz and Time like this.
  30. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I think you have made a few friends already~!

[​IMG]

Arthur-VU likes this.
  31. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Vape Deals Diva Staff Member VU Owner VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Hi and welcome, @Arthur-VU ....

While we always encourage and hope for pleasant, polite, helpful and interesting discourse here, sometimes.... well..... people gonna do what people gonna do!

We have a policy of not intervening unless things deteriorate beyond reason.... the values behind that are that we want to create a safe place for people to speak their minds, without fear of over-moderating or meddling staff. We created VU to be a microcosm of real life, where there are no conversational referees or thought-police, and where people who don't play well with others simply find themselves on the outside, ignored. To that end, if a particular member's posts become tiresome for you, we have an ignore function which allows you to make them invisible to you and effectively remove them from your forum experience. We like to hope that when we treat people like adults, they rise to it...... but for those that won't, there's ignore ;)

You seem like a really reasonable guy, so I'm sure you'll do well here. Enjoy yourself... we're glad to have you here!

Pastorfuzz, Rossum, SteveS45 and 2 others like this.
  32. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Phantom Pilot Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    One of the hallmarks here is freedom of speech. We have only a handful of rules; and, try our best to make the forum self-policing.
    There are rare times that we step-in. In all honesty, the fewer the better. One thing to keep in mind is that freedom of speech cuts both ways. As a member, I’ve had more than my share of interweb arguments and differing opinions. As a moderator, I’ve defended opinions I’ve disagreed with for that persons right to speak.

If we had rules to limit speech, we would be no better than reddit or ECF. That slope is extremely slippery.

Welcome to the underground and I’m sure you will enjoy your time here...

EDIT:Sorry for typing over you tyger

33. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    And people have a tendency to do things that are very uncool but still allowed the freedom to be a total asshole at least here~!

upload_2018-3-27_20-22-7.jpeg

TygerTyger likes this.
  34. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    @TygerTyger and @f1r3b1rd -

Thanks very much for your replies and the comments therein.

I guess I was a bit shocked is all since this was the first time I came across this level of negativity since joining VU a little over a week ago. As such it was a bit jarring to me.

I had to say something. Hopefully my words did more good than bad, or at least will be forgotten quickly if I offended anyone.

I appreciate the freedoms protected here on VU and am glad that this is a part of the ethos of how VU is managed.

I am used to forums and other sites where folks are generally more polite to each other, despite political alignment, beliefs, religion or where they are in the world, and there is a deeper level of tolerance between members for having different opinions without resorting to acting less civilized.

If there is any fault here, it is my own, for not being well-informed about the difference in culture of VU when compared to other online communities in which I participate.

Also - thank you for the warm welcome. I hope to become a worthy member here that offers meaningful contributions in my time spent here, while also learning as much as I can from others.

:)

TygerTyger and f1r3b1rd like this.
  35. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Thanks [email protected] :cheers:

36. Mattp169

Mattp169 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    @Arthur-VU you learn very quickly click on someones name, click BLOCK , and you stop seeing the drama you do not want to see. Its a really nice feature, only issue is you can not block moderators who get on your nerves with their free speech.

Alot of us who are on here alot have a few people we block, unfortunately its part of the way this place works, but fortunately its part of how this place works.

I can think of like 1 person who has ever really been banned for just being a total ass and I think he pushed on purpose to get a ban. BUt he's back now and a much better person.

There is no place on the net for vaping like VU, so if you don't like how someone is talking just block them and relax and enjoy everyone else's comments

TygerTyger, f1r3b1rd and Arthur-VU like this.
  37. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
  38. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the info. I will keep this in mind if/when needed.

39. Rossum

Rossum Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I've heard the same sort of thing from people hauling their own personal race cars to amateur racing events.

One of these days, goobermint is going to push the wrong people too far....

Time likes this.
  40. Absolute-Wood

Absolute-Wood VU Vendor VU Vendor VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Gee Willikers Mr. Wilson.

Thought I'd post about the original spirit of this thread; reddit scrambling to adhere to the FDA Gestapo deeming regs. Glad I only looked and posted occasionally over there.

I think the best "WTF?" moment I've seen was a post somewhere stating the "everything that is required to vape is a tobacco product" mentality of the FDA means if a vaporizer that the software updates require connection to or download from the internet, means, according to the FDA regs, that the internet s a tobacco product.

Wow.

"Neuter the FDA"?, absolutely needed. I'd love to donate my time to help. I'll get my pliers. Need to practice hard clamp, then violent twisting and pulling...LOL :xD:

Rick

41. Arthur-VU

Blog Posts:
    I totally agree with everything you said here. The FDA is a massive fustercluck.

Most of our Congress and Senate that were teenagers at the time when FM radio was first available to the masses, are in fact completely clueless about 'that internets thngie network thing' and have no idea how the magical slab (smartphone) in their hand can send/receive emails and texts without wires, nevermind people all over the world can communicate and share information via all other forms of 'intarnets'.

I bet we can all brainstorm a method by which the FDA can implode themselves without ever seeing it coming.

Otherwise, it's time to unleash a swarm of remote-controlled quad-copter drones to descend and shoo them out of their offices at regular intervals with cattle-prods just for fun...

Absolute-Wood likes this.
  42. Time

Blog Posts:
    No brainstorming needed. ;)

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Rossum, Arthur-VU and SteveS45 like this.
  43. Freeman_Vapes

Freeman_Vapes VU Donator New Member Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Arthur-VU and KingPin! like this.
  44. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I have had your e-Liquids~!

Freeman_Vapes likes this.