Become a Patron!

Redefining Cheap

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
image.jpg image.jpg

This, has been floating around in my travel bag for over 2 years. It hasn't been charged within that same period. For those of you unfamiliar with it. It was sold by Vapor4Life. Hence the V4L logo.

Still holding a charge.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The last of that ilk in my old box was a long, chrome 901. I used to pair that with a silver-colored, XL carto. Man, I thought I was stylin' ....

Too bad that thing died. It'd earn a double-take at the vape shop. :D

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL I got a few the contact pin no longer fires the tanks.
Still charged.

I hated the damn things. But I bought about 10 for the ex, who quit smoking using them. Cartos for days! I refilled hers 2-3 times each, to reduce cost. After cleaning of course.

Too bad I was never able to quit using them :(

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
It still had a charge in it?
After two years?
In a travel bag no less?
Even my rechargeable AAA batteries from Apple won't hold a charge that long :)

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It still had a charge in it?
After two years?
In a travel bag no less?
Even my rechargeable AAA batteries from Apple won't hold a charge that long :)
It probably wouldn't fire a carto. But LED lights require very little current. I was surprised it had enough to light it.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, that is crazy... ...V4L, man. Holy hell. I had a couple of their splatter batteries that I used to take out on my bike rides because I kept popping the whole top button assembly off of my spinners when I took those. I thought I was the only dummy buying 808's back in the day. I think I still have a couple of those V4L's and Volts.

I'm surprised yours still work. I remember popping my V4L shit like crazy. They were always failing while charging because their chargers were garbage and so was their short protection in the batteries, apparently. One of them actually fucking vented on me. Can't tell you how many bitchy e-mails they got from me... ...or how many free replacements didn't make it a week. Didn't stay with that company for very long lol.

Volt is better if you really wanna get locked-in with one of those weird 808 brands. Which reminds me, what is up with 808-exclusive brands? I remember it being like the betamax or the HD-DVD of connection types a few years ago. Most people had long since switched to 510's (at least, by the time ego batteries were the thing to have they had,) but somehow those 808 guys were staying in business. People fucking loved Volt back in the day. Probably still do.

Last edited:

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd forgotten about 808's though I remember 401s.

I also remember that after just one buy from V4L, they were so good about staying in touch. Like, daily. :)

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haha, that is crazy... ...V4L, man. Holy hell. I had a couple of their splatter batteries that I used to take out on my bike rides because I kept popping the whole top button assembly off of my spinners when I took those. I thought I was the only dummy buying 808's back in the day. I think I still have a couple of those V4L's and Volts.

I'm surprised yours still work. I remember popping my V4L shit like crazy. They were always failing while charging because their chargers were garbage and so was their short protection in the batteries, apparently. One of them actually fucking vented on me. Can't tell you how many bitchy e-mails they got from me... ...or how many free replacements didn't make it a week. Didn't stay with that company for very long lol.

Volt is better if you really wanna get locked-in with one of those weird 808 brands. Which reminds me, what is up with 808-exclusive brands? I remember it being like the betamax or the HD-DVD of connection types a few years ago. Most people had long since switched to 510's (at least, by the time ego batteries were the thing to have they had,) but somehow those 808 guys were staying in business. People fucking loved Volt back in the day. Probably still do.
A friend of mine had an ego vent on him. Well, I think it vented... To be put into better detail it caught fire and melted the little clearo along with every other piece of plastic within the device like the firing button. In the end it was so warped none of us knew what it was or what had happened.

Sent from my dos terminal.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

The 808 connectors? Don't know what to tell you there. But I totally agree with you. I still have a few Cartos with 808. There's even a pic I posted of the old tech I still own, somewhere in here.

I gave V4L a truckload of money, in the beginning. I can't say it was wasted, because the ex managed to quit. But I failed so hard :/

I bought my very first Mod and Tank from them as well, it "kinda" worked. But the juice selection really wasn't that helpful. So that was a fail too.

I gave up for a couple of years after all that. But a friend introduced me to one of the newer mods and tanks. And I've been vaping since.

My entire family was like, "Here we go again" when the first box of goodies arrived :oops: But they've been really supportive since they realized I had finally found something that worked.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd forgotten about 808's though I remember 401s.

I also remember that after just one buy from V4L, they were so good about staying in touch. Like, daily. :)

They had great customer support too. I spoke with them several times, and they made good on everything. And comped free stuff when THEY made a mistake.

The "trend" was just taking off really. So there were problems with things early on. V4L was one of the best I've ever dealt with, when it came to customer support. Hands down.

VU Sponsors