Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't even started my turkey yet ... I'll be eating later than most needless to say. :(

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all the knuckles ( as Hawk would say, lol ) in here!

View attachment 124790

Gobble, gobble!!!
We eat early so we can get a second huge meal in one day.:bliss:
Turkey is coming out and I’m headed to the devils backyard. (Lincoln Nebraska)
Wearing all the HAWKEYE gear I can to irritate the natives. Hope it makes them lose their appetite so I can eat their food.

Everybody have a great day.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whew, that game was closer than I thought it would be but the ending was good ... Iowa pulls out a win over the squirrelly Huskers with a last second field goal!! It's about time you guys had a thrilling last second ending go in your favor. :cheers:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whew, that game was closer than I thought it would be but the ending was good ... Iowa pulls out a win over the squirrelly Huskers with a last second field goal!! It's about time you guys had a thrilling last second ending go in your favor. :cheers:

am i reading right? hawkeyes beat the fuskers, on a holiday?

thinking high dose insulin will be required tonight for hawkie

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I completely agree.
Good game..great ending

I would like to think that 4 in a row and 5 out of the last 6 would quiet the red minions, but nope. At least a half dozen texts telling me how bad my HAWKEYES suck....lol.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
am i reading right? hawkeyes beat the fuskers, on a holiday?

thinking high dose insulin will be required tonight for hawkie

Leftover turkey, pickles, olives and some low carb yogurt for supper...minimal carbs. Just going to go for the low flow insulin drip tonight. I did just make a pot of some Jamaican blue mountain coffee, so might have to dose a few big drops to cover that.

Diabetes is an awesome affliction.....keeps you on your toes...till their amputated....but all the cool kids are doing it now. Hope none of you ever have to deal with it, but it’s manageable with some effort. I’m not perfect with my effort but I always try to be mindful of it. I work with a couple of people who are also type1 and I see their food choices on occasion and it kinda blows me away with the things they eat and the amounts of it they eat, but it’s their choice.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, make sure they eat plenty of crow, they sound like they deserve it.

They do, but I won’t. Well...with a couple of co-workers I will because we banter back and forth for fun so they’ll get a little crap. But most are delusional and rabid and not worth the effort.
My one work mate asked before the game if I remembered our bet on the game, which I didn’t, but he assured me we bet $5,000.....so I’m looking forward to collecting that on Monday. But I’ll bet that there was also some stipulation that will void the bet...lol.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Off it!
137e30a38780920c3c622736e8be238b.jpg
ae2fa14e9cfc29b87949e89859b15790.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
this is couch (pronounce cooch)

buffalo is also popular

Buffalo is a type we have as well, but not sure if I’ve ever seen it.
Couch is new to me. Is it a hardy type or finicky?
You going to do the whole fertilize, water, care for etc...then bitch about having to mow it?
That’s my favorite part. I obsess over making it grow...then bitch while mowing it...lol...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Buffalo is a type we have as well, but not sure if I’ve ever seen it.
Couch is new to me. Is it a hardy type or finicky?
You going to do the whole fertilize, water, care for etc...then bitch about having to mow it?
That’s my favorite part. I obsess over making it grow...then bitch while mowing it...lol...

it is pretty hardy, and a bitch if it decides to grow in garden beds. Deep roots

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My BAM is acting up. Have to slap the sides and play with the battery position to get it to fire. And, it some times loses the connection while firing too.
First problem in the two years since I bought it . . . . :gaah:

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I highly suggest getting a goat lined up toot-sweet.
I’d also recommend getting a homely goat, cuz pretty goats get abused around here....then they disappear leaving a hole in your goat loving heart.
Bastards.

I’d also start saving your silver change to sprinkle in the yard when your not in the mowing mood.
It doesn’t work often, but occasionally you can get a hot chick to mow it for all the change she can find.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I highly suggest getting a goat lined up toot-sweet.
I’d also recommend getting a homely goat, cuz pretty goats get abused around here....then they disappear leaving a hole in your goat loving heart.
Bastards.

I’d also start saving your silver change to sprinkle in the yard when your not in the mowing mood.
It doesn’t work often, but occasionally you can get a hot chick to mow it for all the change she can find.

Nailed it Hawkie:)

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My BAM is acting up. Have to slap the sides and play with the battery position to get it to fire. And, it some times loses the connection while firing too.
First problem in the two years since I bought it . . . . :gaah:

Are you holding your tongue right when you push the button?
Proper tongue holding makes all the diff while performing many things.
Shoe tying is a good example.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are you holding your tongue right when you push the button?
Proper tongue holding makes all the diff while performing many things.
Shoe tying is a good example.

Tried tongue up, down, left, and right with my nose crinkled and un-crinkled . . . .
positive contact on the edge of the battery is working now, but I can't put the door on. :(

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your Swedish ways intrigue me.
I guess you have no choice but to buy new batts, charger, a new mod and a big bag of mixed nuts.

What do you expect when you're on an island in the middle of an ocean?!!?!?? :wait:

Passed on the black friday/cyber monday sales because the shipping. And, no nuts, no mixes, and no bags around here . . . .

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m killing time till my HAWKEYES tip off with Pitt.
Cautiously optimistic about the round ball squad this year.
Big 10/ACC challenge is always entertaining, but think the Big is getting beat up this year.

No compassion for my ghetto mod? Door-less with the battery hanging out and it's privates for everyone to see . . .

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No compassion for my ghetto mod? Door-less with the battery hanging out and it's privates for everyone to see . . .

It’s not so much that I have no compassion.
It’s simply that I don’t care!
I’ve got my own mod woes.
Rocking a $29 drip box that has connectivity problems as well.
Long in the tooth batteries and a charger that has 1 sprung springy.

....ok.....a little compassion for your situation.....you just need to know that I don’t live the rock star life you all think I do....I’m merely human too dammit. I have hopes and dreams....and possibly a mouse in my garage...a weeny dog and a possible pimple just under my left nostril. Not directly under...kinda in the corner. Barely visible but throbs with the ferocity of several angry circus clowns. The scary kind.

Sorry I went off. I’m under holiday stress.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It’s not so much that I have no compassion.
It’s simply that I don’t care!
I’ve got my own mod woes.
Rocking a $29 drip box that has connectivity problems as well.
Long in the tooth batteries and a charger that has 1 sprung springy.

....ok.....a little compassion for your situation.....you just need to know that I don’t live the rock star life you all think I do....I’m merely human too dammit. I have hopes and dreams....and possibly a mouse in my garage...a weeny dog and a possible pimple just under my left nostril. Not directly under...kinda in the corner. Barely visible but throbs with the ferocity of several angry circus clowns. The scary kind.

Sorry I went off. I’m under holiday stress.

Me too . . .
you have some real world issues to deal with. :hug:

BUT, I can send you my just-out-of-prison sister for the rest of the holiday's. Her and her son have no jobs, but have grandiose plans to re-model our parents house. You could teach both of them some DIY skills and the finer points of doing ship-lap. And, if you don't mind, some pointers on house and yard-work along with cleaning up after their pets. :poop:

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me too . . .
you have some real world issues to deal with. :hug:

BUT, I can send you my just-out-of-prison sister for the rest of the holiday's. Her and her son have no jobs, but have grandiose plans to re-model our parents house. You could teach both of them some DIY skills and the finer points of doing ship-lap. And, if you don't mind, some pointers on house and yard-work along with cleaning up after their pets. :poop:

Ummmmm....you win. I give up. Can’t compete with that.
I firmly believe that holidays would be WAY better sans relatives.

VU Sponsors