Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep that's the one and of course I am missing one flavor, the holiday spice and I'll bet it is vital. :(
I tried the Blueberry Muffin subbing marzipan for the torrone and didn't care for it much, tried it again after I got the torrone and loved it.

Yeah, it sort of is..........try it without like you did the other and see. That's an awesome recipe to have.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is that the CAP cinnamon danish swirl? if so I have that one, I have fuji and joy too.
I'm getting bored vaping the same two or three flavors again AND finding that I much prefer my DIY to commercial juice. It seems most of them are way too high in sweeteners for my taste now, I have been using recipes from HIC that don't call for sweeteners.

I've darn near perfected 2 juices. Similar profile with cap cinnamon danish, FA joy and then either FA fuji or FA pear. Both really good if those sound like anything someone wants to try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i run dual micros, 26awg on single batteries, and 25awg on parallel, both nichrome

i tried claptons and the ramp up time frustrated me, that was in the tfv4 tank though

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
3% FA joy and pear
2% Cap cinnamon danish swirl
Been adding 1% Tfa pear too to alter the pear flavor a lil bit.
Alternately can add FA fuji at 2.5% with the Danish and joy.

Guess what I don't have? The CAP Danish.........Oh, well........to the list it goes!!! Thanks for the recipe, though! I'll try it once I get the CAP.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone building crazy funky coils everywhere and I've backtracked into buying premade coils I can build don't get me wrong, I'm just too lazy for all that and the premade are giving me plenty of vapor and flavor from the starre and herakles tanks

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Everyone building crazy funky coils everywhere and I've backtracked into buying premade coils I can build don't get me wrong, I'm just too lazy for all that and the premade are giving me plenty of vapor and flavor from the starre and herakles tanks

I've been doing the same, always. Those UWell coils last me months.......I'm super impressed with them and until summer, that's all I see myself using. So, you aren't alone. :D

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hate rebuilding, but reluctantly do it. I'm loving unflavoured juice for the coil life, and it is so easy to mix.

Thinking of getting some WTA liquid though, for after I put in sleep marathons and struggle to catch up my nic dosage to a level where I'm not cranky

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That makes three of us lol, still duel micros for me for the most part. Occasionally a twisted build.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Boy I have my work cut out for me this time. Lol. I think everyone should try a fused clapton build. The flavor and vapor from them are above average.
Another new tip I've ran across and now do to every coil I use is polishing it. I run my coils through 700-800 grit sandpaper up to 2500 grit to get that mirror shine. I bet this technique stops 80% of gunk build up on the coils. They just stay nice and pretty. Like this one. uploadfromtaptalk1452979193964.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been doing the same, always. Those UWell coils last me months.......I'm super impressed with them and until summer, that's all I see myself using. So, you aren't alone. :D

Lol.....I know, right.
My crown is about 5 months old. Prior to refilling the other day, it got a bath. Checked the coil.....pristine!!!!
Coil looked new and wick material is still white. Sitting on (I think) 4 more of these plus the rebuildable head.
Really has me thinking of getting the crown v2.
Plus, after the bath I've been getting nic buzzed with the crown.....:eek:

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol.....I know, right.
My crown is about 5 months old. Prior to refilling the other day, it got a bath. Checked the coil.....pristine!!!!
Coil looked new and wick material is still white. Sitting on (I think) 4 more of these plus the rebuildable head.
Really has me thinking of getting the crown v2.
Plus, after the bath I've been getting nic buzzed with the crown.....:eek:

YOU??? Nic buzzed???? Wow!!! :p

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boy I have my work cut out for me this time. Lol. I think everyone should try a fused clapton build. The flavor and vapor from them are above average.
Another new tip I've ran across and now do to every coil I use is polishing it. I run my coils through 700-800 grit sandpaper up to 2500 grit to get that mirror shine. I bet this technique stops 80% of gunk build up on the coils. They just stay nice and pretty. Like this one. View attachment 38359

You think that would work if you were to give a shine to the wire prior to coiling?

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They sound great but I'm way too lazy to go to all of that trouble, I would consider buying some already made though, IF they would fit on the rebuild deck of either the Crown or Saucecode.

Another new tip I've ran across and now do to every coil I use is polishing it. I run my coils through 700-800 grit sandpaper up to 2500 grit to get that mirror shine. I bet this technique stops 80% of gunk build up on the coils. They just stay nice and pretty. Like this one. View attachment 38359

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know.
Initially thought I ate something bad, as I was nauseated. Quit vaping....it would go away.
Only took about 6 times to figure it out.
I'm not the brightest bulb in the knife rack apparently.

No worries........I sort of did the same thing in that I was having a string of awful migraines and realized it was only after vaping in the morning before work.....(after about 6 times).....Then when I dropped my nic, they went away. It was when I started using the sub-ohm tanks but kept the nic the same. Never thought that affected it.....boy, was I wrong.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DI, I would totally propose a trade with you, for some coils &/or some of your DIY liquid. But I do t think I have anything you'd be interested in, at this point...
Lol. No worries. I'll fix you up some this week and send them to you. What rda's are you using? Just so I'll know what size post holes to shoot for. I mean I could set you up with dual fused claptons but you need some big post holes to fit it. Lol.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
da44c69b06966a3824cacd45f4445b48.jpg

Interesting markings

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You think that would work if you were to give a shine to the wire prior to coiling?
Doesn't look the same. When you coil it then sand it you get a whole different look. Almost like you're wire was square. It's also really easy to wrap the coil on a drill bit then just hold the sandpaper over the coil and run the drill. Only takes a few minutes that way. I've even done them to pain ole builds. Really makes them look nice.uploadfromtaptalk1452981820787.jpg

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They sound great but I'm way too lazy to go to all of that trouble, I would consider buying some already made though, IF they would fit on the rebuild deck of either the Crown or Saucecode.
Single claptons work in the crown. 2.5mm claptons or fused will work as a single vertical coil in the aromamizer rdta. If you try duals it kills the airflow. The Griffin is a beast. You can fit dual 3mm fused claptons with room to spare.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just stopped at a b&m for first time in over a year. Picked up a Crius...we'll see.
DI, will a pair of your crazy coils fit in here?
Dual claptons should fit. Probably have to be 2.5mm. A fused clapton would also fit at 2.5mm but I'd use that as a single coil. Center cap looks to be around aromamizer size. So you could fit conservative exotic type coils. The only problems you run into with these coils in these tanks is #1 the coil is too big and rubs that center cap causing it to short and #2 packing it with dual coils can really cut the airflow down if you try to squeeze the coils towards the center. The Griffin is the only tank I've used that addressed and fixed both of these potential headaches. So I'd definitely stay with single coils to start with.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's been interesting (fun even?) watching an entire band of refugee's move into a new interwebs realm...been a part of something similar in the past myself, on more than one occasion...but at this point, it seems creepy to just keep lurkin ;)

Some of you, I've seen around other places, some are new to me. Either way, glad to make ya'lls aquaintence :D

I've been a fringe type for a while now, in most other interweb locales. I've always been really quiet here. Used to be more involved at some others, and have made more than a few friends (and likely several enemies), but the general douchebaggedness and drama coupled with some shit-for-brains/blow-hard/think-they're-Royal folks in controlling positions at other places allowed me to realize that sometimes being a digital nomad ain't so bad! However, reading the posts in this thread, I can see that an electronic tribe can still be a good thing!

Enough ramblin on from me. Just wanted to say hello, and if nothing else stop the cyber-creepin! Lol!

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like that the vast majority of this group has been together for several years now. So ones like myself can venture off for a bit but then it's a simple welcome back home once I show up again. I think we've learned the nuances of each individual well enough that drama is fairly rare in here. That's what has always kept me coming back. But enjoy the lurking KY Rob. Pat always said that was mostly what she did as well. Only chiming in on occasion. If we've never met I'm the wordy one that can bore you with tech talk and spend your money faster than you can. Lol.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dunno who is subscribed to what but did y'all catch the 60% off at vaper company? Can get things like authentic dna40 esquares for less than $60. Only thing I found that I got was more ceramic tipped tweezers. I always break the tips on mine. But a new set of tweezers and replacement heads was like $8 shipped. Let me know if you want the link or coupon.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone else in our group get into the dna200's? Of course I did. It's like having a jail broken phone. Ain't nothing you can't control. From the screen brightness to how fast it dims the screen to how hard it hits right off the bat to all the custom screens you can make. That put me into techy heaven. Have 3 of them. Only new mod I have coming is the 200 Watt sigelei. The one that looks like an iPhone. Been on that preorder for a while now.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else in our group get into the dna200's? Of course I did. It's like having a jail broken phone. Ain't nothing you can't control. From the screen brightness to how fast it dims the screen to how hard it hits right off the bat to all the custom screens you can make. That put me into techy heaven. Have 3 of them. Only new mod I have coming is the 200 Watt sigelei. The one that looks like an iPhone. Been on that preorder for a while now.

Only one I've been tempted by is the wismec. Not sure if the DNA is worth the extra cost over the rx200. I've held out from this whole sub tank explosion. Probably missing out on a pretty good vape. Pretty content with my bottom feeders. My vaping costs are super low right now.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've got the new 200 W Sigelei Fuchai, I like it a lot. May not be the one you are talking about though, it is pretty basic but it feels so nice in the hand.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Tonight at 10:00 eastern there is going to be a show on VapeTV in the VOV tab, it's a birthday show and they are giving out a LOT of prizes. The grand prize is a RX200 complete with batteries and charger, lots of other prizes too, juice should be mostly 120 mls and probably some bendavape coil packs. If you decide to go tell them I told you about it as there are prizes for those bringing new people to the show. Just be advised the language is no where near G rated. :) The group name is bustin Your Balls and the leader is a long time real life friend of mine, Tj Miller.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yayyyyyyyyy!!!! You made it! Glad to see you. I'm loving that everyone is popping in!

Yeah right?!? When I started the patina biz, I was so busy every waking moment I could really only be present over "there". Sadly, it left me unable to speak freely or participate in any real way, so I became really isolated.

I also drifted away from any of the local friends I had. Realize now this is the only place (group) I've not totally fell off the radar from. Been feeling that more strongly of late.

I also don't have anyone local to me who vapes, so I'm like a guy who just came out from a time capsule after a year and a half.

Glad to see tall are still around and I look forward to being more present again. :)

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok they just updated and said they are going to start at 9 instead of 10 cause 2 hours isn't going to be enough to give away all the goodies.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah right?!? When I started the patina biz, I was so busy every waking moment I could really only be present over "there". Sadly, it left me unable to speak freely or participate in any real way, so I became really isolated.

I also drifted away from any of the local friends I had. Realize now this is the only place (group) I've not totally fell off the radar from. Been feeling that more strongly of late.

I also don't have anyone local to me who vapes, so I'm like a guy who just came out from a time capsule after a year and a half.

Glad to see tall are still around and I look forward to being more present again. :)
There was at least one night you snuck out of that time capsule. Yep, about 8 1/2 months ago, I'd guess.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got the new 200 W Sigelei Fuchai, I like it a lot. May not be the one you are talking about though, it is pretty basic but it feels so nice in the hand.
Ya that's just another 200 Watt box mod. Like the snowwolf. Which I have one of as well. And do like it. And the upcoming sigelei 200 Watt mod. Asmodus has another v2 snowwolf coming too. But those are all just 200 Watt mods. The dna200 uses evolvs dna200 chip along with escribe which is software for the computer. When you plug it in it downloads all the mods info to the computer. With the computer software you can change anything and everything about how your mod performs. Like there are 8 programmable profiles. I have custom made my own screens for each profile. That's just a tiny bit of what you can do with it though.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

You're mod that you did for me made it to my Instagram. It's still one of my conversation pieces.

VU Sponsors