Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You're mod that you did for me made it to my Instagram. It's still one of my conversation pieces.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Pretty flattering that, with all your top shelf gear, that little Pegasus clone gets any attention at all :)
Haven't done a patina in a while, getting the itch to do another. My barber wants me to make a sign for the front of his shop from heavily patina copper and hammer stamped text. Should be a fun challenge.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah....changed my "attitude" med probably 8 times last year. All either did nothing or made me worse. Changed monthly October, November, and December which sucked cuz I tend to get winter "attitude" and a real bad case of holiday "attitude", and trying to navigate new meds then really sucked.
On a new one that seems promising. My highs aren't as high but my lows aren't as low......more even keel.
Even had a little pep in my step and found myself caring about stuff a little bit. Might even end up being my normal, arsehole self again.........which will probably end with the family moving by moonlight again to attempt another Hawk ditching.
I've even become motivated to work on my blood sugars levels. Counting carbs more stringently, eating better things.....etc and have cut my insulin intake quite a bit. Like Rooboy.....I'm awesome.

You both are made of awesomesauce. Messy, but awesome.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glow I'm sorry to hear you are battling depression, it's that time of year for a lot of us. I just thought you were really busy trying to drive that truck in all the snow storms.

Well, I am trying to keep that machine running down the road with the shiny side up and the rubber side down. I just don't seem to have anything to add to the discussions around here. I am going to presume that is a sign of depression. In the past I have posted all over the place even though I seldom have anything to add!!! LOLo_O

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty flattering that, with all your top shelf gear, that little Pegasus clone gets any attention at all :)
Haven't done a patina in a while, getting the itch to do another. My barber wants me to make a sign for the front of his shop from heavily patina copper and hammer stamped text. Should be a fun challenge.
It's the uniqueness of it. Theres only one. And no one has ever seen it before. So that immediately draws attention to it.

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found something any of us can use when we feel like it:

73361_10151238394007424_1843227585_n.jpg

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone's curiosity piqued by the new coil-less tank? instead of a coil its somewhat of a computer looking chip /heating element. Just needs new cotton every so often and will last forever. Supposedly. From what I've seen its just not quite there yet. Too much of a ramp up time on the heating. And way too expensive for what's available right now. Interesting though. Once the bugs are ironed out I can see us being pushed towards something like that. It'll be cloned 50 times by then so when can at least try it for $30 instead of $120.

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone's curiosity piqued by the new coil-less tank? instead of a coil its somewhat of a computer looking chip /heating element. Just needs new cotton every so often and will last forever. Supposedly. From what I've seen its just not quite there yet. Too much of a ramp up time on the heating. And way too expensive for what's available right now. Interesting though. Once the bugs are ironed out I can see us being pushed towards something like that. It'll be cloned 50 times by then so when can at least try it for $30 instead of $120.

I have been following that. I will buy one once they are ready.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
-24 wind chill today.....so of course we're getting out for a 50 mile trek to hang new pendant lights and ceiling fans for mom in-law. Luckily she's good about feeding me when we show up.

Your chicken looked good Dan. Last night I made chicken/shrimp/mushroom fried rice. It rocked. I've got fried rice down....finally. After MANY attempts of mediocre crap. And it's so easy when you find the right recipe. I'd match mine with any good restaurant fried rice.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good morning. So what's new in knuckledom today?
Nothing here. Dreary and icy as usual.

I hope you do some relaxing today, Em!

We are going to go visit Mike's dad then come home to watch the Steelers. Hopefully, I'll have enough time to do the few orders that came in yesterday. Then, I'm just making sloppy joes for the game.......nothing fancy for that......lol Tomorrow no students but I have meetings all day. Week looks good as far as "no snow" goes, so that's a relief!

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning y'all. Nothing too exciting here just a busy day and week ahead. Hubby left this morning for a week for work and I'm already exhausted lol. Goes to show as much as he annoys me I can't get rid of him haha

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mornin!!

We're expecting our first snow today. A whopping 1/2".

Need to mix today. Bought several new caramel flavors to try. The place I'd been ordering from changed their site and now charge like $7 shipping and that just made the over all cost out of whack. Since, I never knew whose flavoring they used, I'm just gonna do a trial and error thing with the new ones.
I should just revisit unflavored again.

stephanie932

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mornin!!

We're expecting our first snow today. A whopping 1/2".

Need to mix today. Bought several new caramel flavors to try. The place I'd been ordering from changed their site and now charge like $7 shipping and that just made the over all cost out of whack. Since, I never knew whose flavoring they used, I'm just gonna do a trial and error thing with the new ones.
I should just revisit unflavored again.

You are making me WANT to mix today, but I have so much that I need to get through. I gave my brother 3 shoe-boxes FULL of bought NT, SJ, VC, etc because it was all 3mg or 6mg........I can't even imagine how much that all cost me. I still have a ton of those at 0mg and I promised myself to get through that before making anything else. Now I just need to vape more.......lol Such a problem to have, huh?

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are making me WANT to mix today, but I have so much that I need to get through. I gave my brother 3 shoe-boxes FULL of bought NT, SJ, VC, etc because it was all 3mg or 6mg........I can't even imagine how much that all cost me. I still have a ton of those at 0mg and I promised myself to get through that before making anything else. Now I just need to vape more.......lol Such a problem to have, huh?
Trust me, I don't want to mix. I don't want to make coils. I don't want to dry burn and rewick. I don't even want to change my batteries.

I'm being a bad hobbyist. Just seems burdensome lately.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I watched the video he did, explaining how it works. That part where he warmed it up was a bit concerning. I imagine , once warmed up, it probably doesn't cool down fast either. Makes me think of the vaping doughnut in that respect. Great concept though. A heating element that doesn't need replacement? Yeah, great idea!

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched the video he did, explaining how it works. That part where he warmed it up was a bit concerning. I imagine , once warmed up, it probably doesn't cool down fast either. Makes me think of the vaping doughnut in that respect. Great concept though. A heating element that doesn't need replacement? Yeah, great idea!
My other concern was dry burning. How often do we accidentally get a dry hit? For me, not often but it does still happen sometimes. Inside a tank, what if it's just not wicking well or you're using some thick high vg juice? Will that void the warranty like they say? Once you have a cooked chip you're left with a nice $120 unusable tank. Ya, don't think they're ready quite yet but certainly a move in the right direction. Although I have a crap ton of wire to use up before I move on. Lol.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Crius setup was a bust. :/ one of the post screws was completely stuck and stripped before I could remove it. Anyone have a suggestion to get it out?
The box came with extra screws, if I can just remove the offending one.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Crius setup was a bust. :/ one of the post screws was completely stuck and stripped before I could remove it. Anyone have a suggestion to get it out?
Only option I would know would be to drill it out.

penguiness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you have a drill bit that is about 1/3 the size of the screw, drill a hole into the center of the screw. Usually the screw will come out when you use the reverse on your drill to remove the bit. If not; using a needle tip super glue bottle, put a drop of super glue into the drilled hole. Quickly put the drill bit back into the drilled hole (I don't leave it attached to the drill). Let it sit several minutes then using the reverse on the drill extract it.

Other than drilling it out, using an extraction set is the only other option I would consider to prevent damaging the threads. Micro precision extractor kits are pricey.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Needle nose pliers? I've resorted to those with paintball stuff in the past? Also hello to the regulars who's forum we've crashed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I was thinking grub screws. Not sure what's on that tank. A stuck grub screw would be the worst. Especially if it's just stripped and spinning. If it's just stuck another trick would be to freeze it then try again.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks y'all. I'm familiar with drill bit extraction, but these are tiny, hex screws, almost hollow. Also they are recessed, so no head to grab with a pliers. :/ if I try to extract with a drill I'll have < .2mm before I'm into the outer threading :(
Maybe I'll try to superglue the hex driver that came with it into the offender..

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was thinking grub screws. Not sure what's on that tank. A stuck grub screw would be the worst. Especially if it's just stripped and spinning. If it's just stuck another trick would be to freeze it then try again.

Yes, it's a grub screw. Stripped, but firmly lodged in. I guess I'll need to get aggressive with it.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it's a grub screw. Stripped, but firmly lodged in. I guess I'll need to get aggressive with it.
If you have a small flat head bit can you hammer that into the top of the screw? Enough to be able to twist it. I'm sure you have dozens of the Allen keys for that size grub, could you put a dab of super glue on the tip of the Allen key and let it bond to the grub then freeze it and then try to back it out.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
5b7ce1fa885b0b7e85e8e2485a73c55f.jpg

There's an atomizer that I've been using lately. And it comes Squonk ready for all the bottom feeders in here. Vapor sharks vortice v2. Great flavor atty. Reminiscent of the first aromamizer. Built for flavor so it's not a cloud chasers atty. I love the deck and airflow. Super easy to build on with that 2 post deck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1453049699797.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1453049699797.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5b7ce1fa885b0b7e85e8e2485a73c55f.jpg

There's an atomizer that I've been using lately. And it comes Squonk ready for all the bottom feeders in here. Vapor sharks vortice v2. Great flavor atty. Reminiscent of the first aromamizer. Built for flavor so it's not a cloud chasers atty. I love the deck and airflow. Super easy to build on with that 2 post deck.
Looks like it has pretty good airflow. And that chuff cap. Surprised it's not a cloud maker.
I got that velocity mini w/ the BF pin. I do like the 2 post attys.

DantesInferno

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It produces good vapor but not great. It's that swirling airflow. I try to keep my coils up and open the sides that put the swirl right at my coils. I'm using the 2 air slot cap. It comes with a 3 air slot cap as well. I'll have to try that one out and see how well it works. The 2 holes are plenty airy for me though.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope you do some relaxing today, Em!

We are going to go visit Mike's dad then come home to watch the Steelers. Hopefully, I'll have enough time to do the few orders that came in yesterday. Then, I'm just making sloppy joes for the game.......nothing fancy for that......lol Tomorrow no students but I have meetings all day. Week looks good as far as "no snow" goes, so that's a relief!

Mornin Steph and all, did you watch that CRAZY IMMORTAL game last night?

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I won the Bendavapes coil pack which I really wanted, supposedly they are good coils for RDA and RTA rebuild decks.

The first time it is pretty confusing, but it's worth it, there are shows 6 nights and lots of nice give aways, if you win something you know you won't use just pif it and they pick another number. You need to be on a computer to be able to chat though, they are working on that so that people on tablets will be able to chat too.

I've won a bottle of juice and a JWraps mod holder for the car in past weeks, once you win you are in jail for that vendor for 30 days, but you can win from other vendors. So you are limited to one win per vendor every 30 days, but they have a lot of vendors.

You win anything last night?

I tried to get on there, but never could figure out what i was doing. Gave up.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I won the Bendavapes coil pack which I really wanted, supposedly they are good coils for RDA and RTA rebuild decks.

The first time it is pretty confusing, but it's worth it, there are shows 6 nights and lots of nice give aways, if you win something you know you won't use just pif it and they pick another number. You need to be on a computer to be able to chat though, they are working on that so that people on tablets will be able to chat too.

I've won a bottle of juice and a JWraps mod holder for the car in past weeks, once you win you are in jail for that vendor for 30 days, but you can win from other vendors. So you are limited to one win per vendor every 30 days, but they have a lot of vendors.
That explains it. I was on my iPad. Couldn't find the chat.

VU Sponsors