Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is 3am

I rebuilt one derringer. Better, not the greatest.

I'll stop my pity party now

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

3am?
Skip the bean burrito.....for mums sake.
I've got rebuilding I should do, and grog that should be mixed, but I'm being lazy today. Doing laundry and cleaning, hanging with Herk and just remembering that I've got a roast that needs to be crocked.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trying to decide between traditional red chili or white chicken chili. Perfect weather for it today.

*snuggle hugs* Hawkie!

Who am I kidding? *Snuggle Hugs* to everyone!

Those snuggle hugs warmed my cockles.
I vote traditional red chili. Spicy enough to make one break a sweat eating it. Light on the beans.

Poor Rooboy is sooky today. I perscibed a burrito.

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It is? all the clili I have seen here has beans and tomatoes in it and I don't eat beans cept refried, real Mexican chili has no beans or tomatoes. I know I'm probably going to be tarred and feathered for hating beans and living in the south.

I am in the south. Making chili with beans is punishable by hanging. I just got a new mod. I don't want to have my neck snapped just yet.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a Griffin... But apprehensive because of the Crius fail and the fact that I've only used a Reo for almost 2 years now.
Do I need a regulated device to make good use of a Griffin? I only have an old dna40 clone that never got much use... Not able to buy a fancy new mod to make one work either.
Any thoughts?

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so tempted to pull the trigger on a Griffin... But apprehensive because of the Crius fail and the fact that I've only used a Reo for almost 2 years now.
Do I need a regulated device to make good use of a Griffin? I only have an old dna40 clone that never got much use... Not able to buy a fancy new mod to make one work either.
Any thoughts?
I've often wondered that too. Hawk has recently delved into the tank game. Perhaps he has some insights?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any thoughts?

Think you would want/need to throw more volts/watts at it than the REO can muster.
<brief pause>
Just took my subtank off the ipv 3li and put it on the REO and it did pretty much what I expected. Very weak hit.
Not familiar with the Griffin but a lot of the newer sub tanks are set to be best around 35 watts. But that's with the proprietary pre built coils. If it's rebuildable you might have better luck than I just did.
There are some good regulated devices out there now for not much more than the price of that Griffin.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It seems there's been a big shift back towards tanks. I enjoyed my squape, don't remember why I stopped using it, other than that I found squonking to be the bees knees. But I think I like more airflow than older tanks had.
I've also been out of the action since regulated devices came of age. I have no idea about which are good, temp control, or anything else. I saw DI mention software profiles; craziness.
If I want to dip my toe in the water, what's good for a regulated mod?
I feel like a noob again... :/

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems there's been a big shift back towards tanks. I enjoyed my squape, don't remember why I stopped using it, other than that I found squonking to be the bees knees. But I think I like more airflow than older tanks had.
I've also been out of the action since regulated devices came of age. I have no idea about which are good, temp control, or anything else. I saw DI mention software profiles; craziness.
If I want to dip my toe in the water, what's good for a regulated mod?
I feel like a noob again... :/

I've got mods that can do temp control but have no desire to even play with that. Man, for a brief period temp. Control was the rage. Might still be but its not the crux of every thread anymore.
I've got 3 ipv devices that I really like.....the 3li, the 4s and for a smaller and cheaper unit, the d2. The D2 and a REO are pretty much my on the go devices. I've got a Zephyrus tank on the D2 and it rocks. Looks damn good too.
I've seen the D2 on sale for as low as $39. There is also the D3 out which is the v2 of the D2.
Was at a local brick and mortar the other day and the owner (who is always vaping the newest and best gear) was all giggity to show me his new toy. It was a D2. Put my REO away and pulled out my D2. He was impressed with his.
He always has to hold and inspect the REO every time I'm in. It intrigues him. Surprised he hasn't picked one up yet.

I'm back on the tanks. So convenient, like reverse/lazy squonking, and there are soooooo many good tanks out there now. I'm really liking the Crown, the Zephyrus and even the Kanger sub tank performs very well. Seems new tanks come out every week. The new prebuilt coils for the tanks I have, have really impressed me, but I only buy tanks that come with or have a rebuildable deck option.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Most of the sites in my Vape bookmarks folder aren't even around anymore...
Where do we buy gear from now?

A lot of us have used Vapordna, but their prices aren't the lowest.
If you're serious about getting into temp. control, I have an IPV4 that I'm not using. It's pretty big and clunky to me, but that's mainly because I'm used to having my reo's in hand.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A lot of us have used Vapordna, but their prices aren't the lowest.
If you're serious about getting into temp. control, I have an IPV4 that I'm not using. It's pretty big and clunky to me, but that's mainly because I'm used to having my reo's in hand.

The IPv4 is bigger than a Reo Grand? I have big hands, but don't want to go much bigger than a Grand. I'm looking at vapordna right now.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Hawk :) it's strange feeling so lost again...

I life my life wandering through a lost fog.....lol......
The vaping industry today, compared to even a year ago, has made dramatic leaps. " New" and "better" almost daily.
It's almost impossible to keep up with all the new offerings.
Lucky for you....you know where some of the best enablers hang....lol.....

That IPV4 that poi-boi mentioned is one of my go-to home mods. It currently is wearing the Crown.......tank.
Very nice set up. It's been getting me nic sic the last few days.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a Sunbox E7 and the battery life kind of blows. Is the ipv3 li ok on battery life? I wouldn't mind a little extra size for 2x battery life...

The 3 and the 4 (same sized mods) are both pretty decent on the batts.
The D2 is a single battery mod and is a battery hog. But that depends on what you're running on it and the rpm's you're driving it at. I can get a full day on 1 batt. In the D2 but tend to swap out mid day so I don't tax the battery too bad....and the Vape is better.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey Hawk, I glad you made it over here, I have missed chatting ya'll!

Sadly I still see the Braves having a rough go of it the next couple of years. :(

But at least our college football teams did well this year!

I figured you've been missing me something turrible.
Yeah.....the Braves have made summer pretty blah as of late and the future doesn't look rosy. Daughter and I plan on a trip down for a game when they settle in to the new digs.
And yeah....HAWKEYE football was a fun time this year. It apparently rubbed off on the basketball team. Their playing like a good team this year.

Make sure you drop in often. It's tough keeping the knuckles in line by myself. All the help I can get is appreciated.

Taki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I life my life wandering through a lost fog.....lol......
The vaping industry today, compared to even a year ago, has made dramatic leaps. " New" and "better" almost daily.
It's almost impossible to keep up with all the new offerings.
Lucky for you....you know where some of the best enablers hang....lol.....

That IPV4 that poi-boi mentioned is one of my go-to home mods. It currently is wearing the Crown.......tank.
Very nice set up. It's been getting me nic sic the last few days.
I gave up lol, found what I like and now selectively buy. I don't need a kanger 200 watt box do I???

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I figured you've been missing me something turrible.

Yes indeed, sumptin terrible! :D

Daughter and I plan on a trip down for a game when they settle in to the new digs.

Let me know when you get a timeframe narrowed down ... might be able to score some tickets or at the very least, meet up somewhere.

It apparently rubbed off on the basketball team. Their playing like a good team this year.

Yeah, didn't they just bump some highly ranked team off last night in fact?

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, just spent some of the leftover $ in the mod spa account. Got a Griffin, Crown, & an ipv d3.
I forgot how fun it is to spend a little $ on myself :)

Thanks for the help!
I just want it on the record, while we may have all been present during tonight's enabling, the blame has to fall directly at DI's feet.

^^^ Just in case you need to throw someone under the bus to your wife. He's your man.

VU Sponsors