Become a Patron!

Reduce minimum character length to 3 for searches

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I suggest tweaking the forum software to allow searches for 3 character queries. As it stands now, many of the common names for products and whatnot are unsearchable.

For example, a search for "ego" nets an error. A search for "God of War Uvo" was also problematic, which is why I'm making the suggestion.

Thanks for taking the time.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I dont have much luck either with search function...i can type in what im trying to find and get no results or sent to something that had one key word in i but not relating to what i was looking for....You almost have to know the "magic key words "to find what you want.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
search on this forum is pretty useless. i can search say dark horse rdas and get hundreds of threads that only have a single mention of it if that

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sub forums to specific brands/models would be nice.

i suggested more sub forums but it wasnt accepted.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've had far better results with the search on this forum. Unless, of course, the words are 3 letters or fewer, lol. I saw in a recent thread, someone suggested Google search for whatever you're searching, then add Vaping Underground to that. Works in a pinch.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Put this into Google

Reduce minimum character length to 3 site:vapingunderground.com

Dark Horse RDA: dark horse rda site:vapingunderground.com

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good info fellas. Google knows all, you just need to know how to phrase your question. :)

Still though, it's a 2 second job to hop into the forums acp, make the change, and hit save. Been there, done that... In a previous forum admin'ing life.

VU Sponsors