Become a Patron!

Reducing the clouds

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm currently vaping max VG. That's all I've ever vaped. But I'm needing to reduce cloud production in some settings.

Would going to 50/50 make a significant difference?

Also, would it be safe to assume I needed to reduce my flavoring since PG is said to carry it better?

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is my experience that pg lowers the clouds but not significantly enough to be more stealthy. Air flow amd coil build is what makes the difference in flavor and vapor. Higher ohm coild at lower voltage/wattage with reducing the air flow will decrease clouds and sometimes increase flavor.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
just WOW ,thought i would never see this ? posted

you will most likely have to reduce your flavor % if you go to 50\50

why not look into a single coil atty ??

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Higher resistance, less power, high PG, inhale and hold...

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
just WOW ,thought i would never see this ? posted

you will most likely have to reduce your flavor % if you go to 50\50

why not look into a single coil atty ??

I was using a single build, running at 20 watts. But in a closed environment, with poor ventilation. I'm a chain vaper, and I really fogged this place up. LOL

I really like this place :) The fact they let me vape is a big plus. But the cloud really got thick, so thick we had to open windows and doors. And I feel they were just trying to be polite, since they had already told me I could vape. No one there smokes or vapes.

I'll be sticking with max VG. But thought someone could toss some ideas to reduce clouds while I was there. I guess it's back to the 1.2 coils, and lower wattage.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems those who chain vape aren't getting enough nicotine, so maybe increase the nicotine and vape less...

mattdarat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try reducing the air flow i can significantly increase and decrease my cluds that way just be careful it can be a hot uncomfortable vape so i raise ohms and lowere wattage never lower than 30 i build around .8 to 1.2 on single coils.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It seems those who chain vape aren't getting enough nicotine, so maybe increase the nicotine and vape less...
I chain vaped at 30mg.

I admit my usage went up, each time I dropped the Nic level. But I've evened out. I'm only vaping 12-20ml a day. I opened my second 30ml bottle in 3 days, this morning.

I think the max VG has helped with the reduced juice usage. But I can't confirm that's why I use so little, when I hit this thing so often.

I'll mix some 50/50 and check the cloud production when I get home. And will probably grab some prebuilt OCC for when I visit again.

vapesauce13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe a temperature control box with higher resistance, thick claptons? You can really control how much production you get with TC.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stop vaping directly into your lungs.
Use the MTL style that ex-smokers use. And use a tank appropriate for MTL vaping.
Yes sir, I will be buying a pack of cigarettes right away. Thanks

I'm not a cloud chaser. MTL does not satisfy my addiction. It's the feeling of the vapor as it hits my lungs. More PG may replace the clouds, and satisfy the throat hit.

Lung hits are more equivalent to my former style of smoking. Hot boxing 3 packs a day. I have smoked as high as 4 packs a day.

Just my thoughts on smoking. If you only smoked a half a pack a day. Did you ever really smoke? Me thinks not.

But your advice has been dutifully noted.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really like this place :) The fact they let me vape is a big plus. But the cloud really got thick, so thick we had to open windows and doors. And I feel they were just trying to be polite, since they had already told me I could vape. No one there smokes or vapes.

Don't blow it for yourself there. Reduce your clouds by reducing making them. Use different tank or mtl atty and slightly up your nic so you aren't constantly creating a fog bank. Think of the situation, you've got it good, they let you vape. Don't abuse it.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Don't blow it for yourself there. Reduce your clouds by reducing making them. Use different tank or mtl atty and slightly up your nic so you aren't constantly creating a fog bank. Think of the situation, you've got it good, they let you vape. Don't abuse it.

They're not going to stop me. I'll just step out onto the balcony occasionally, just as I did this past weekend. I am considerate of others. :)

I just want to reduce the clouds for them, without impacting my need for a fix. I'll either get it done. Or keep a stool on the balcony. :rolleyes:

They knew I smoked, was pleased that I switched to vaping. Encouraged me to vape inside, even though I had never smoked or vaped inside. And when I noticed it seemed to be stressing them. I stepped outside, even after I was told I didn't need too.

Some of us are actually considerate people IRL ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hey if you figur eout what to do to reduce clouds get your nic fix and flavor let me know. I hate the fucking cloudz bro

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
hey if you figur eout what to do to reduce clouds get your nic fix and flavor let me know. I hate the fucking cloudz bro
Matt, the others are spot on with their advice. Doing all of that will reduce the clouds. But I'm not giving up my lung hits. Simple as that.

MTL means less vapor.

Using 1.2 ohm and higher, with reduced wattage will reduce clouds with some tanks. Higher PG, and holding the hit in your lungs will reduce it also.

I was just hoping someone could say with certainty that going to 50/50 pg/VG would make a significant impact.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
--50/50 will do next to nothing
1.2 ohms does nothing compared to even .25 on a crown i can blow cloudz bro with both
closing the afc ring kills the flavor and the vapor so thats useless

I can not find a happy compromise since getting subohm style tanks getting flavor w/o cloudz bro

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Matt, the others are spot on with their advice. Doing all of that will reduce the clouds. But I'm not giving up my lung hits. Simple as that.

MTL means less vapor.

Using 1.2 ohm and higher, with reduced wattage will reduce clouds with some tanks. Higher PG, and holding the hit in your lungs will reduce it also.

I was just hoping someone could say with certainty that going to 50/50 pg/VG would make a significant impact.

Let me try this again. Yes, 50/50 does make significantly less dense clouds (which is of course why cloud chasers use max VG). But I was still fogging up my house when I vaped 50/50. Now that I vape max VG I have the a/c fan on all the time, so it's hard to tell whether chain vaping would have noticeably less vapor to other people.

You DIY, right? (I thought you did?). If so, best thing is just to try 50/50 and see if the difference is significant enough to be worth it.

Also another consideration might be to us the sort of tank you would for stealth vaping for more of the time, and then go to the balcony to get that real fix. You could increase the nic in the lesser tank so you could go longer without that bit hit perhaps? When I go to conferences the most powerful tank I take is the STM with the RBA base, because the clouds in anything else are just too much. I use the egrip most of the time, but in the evening I use the STM (as discretely as I can). I think last time I did this I was still using 50/50 juice.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
--50/50 will do next to nothing
1.2 ohms does nothing compared to even .25 on a crown i can blow cloudz bro with both
closing the afc ring kills the flavor and the vapor so thats useless

I can not find a happy compromise since getting subohm style tanks getting flavor w/o cloudz bro

I feel ya. I get good clouds regardless of the coil or wattage. But I know something has changed. And the only thing I can be sure of, are the coils and wattage.

But, if I find a way to reduce the cloud without losing the flavor or feel of the vape. I'll let you know.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I use piddly tanks compared to most of you guys. I usually vape 80pg/20vg, I get vapor when I exhale. I won't call it clouds, they're not billowy or anything, it's vapor production. I've recently mixed at 70/30 and got more vapor. Compared to sub-ohm and better tanks, I wouldn't call it clouds, but it was better than what I was used to. I didn't do anything with flavor adjustments.

I mix for a friend that vapes 70vg. She uses higher end equipment than I use, gets good cloud production. I mix her flavors exactly the same as I would my own. She gets as good of flavor with high VG as I do with high PG.

Typically, I'm using protank type stuff, higher builds MTL. I also use a Lemo Drop, at or above 1 ohm. My nic is about 10mg, maybe a little less.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know we all like to suggest MTL tanks. But take my word for it. None of you have seen me hit one lol I can get some serious clouds from one of those too.

This is a habit that I'm trying to do a work around. And I think it's going to at least require going back to the older 1.2 & 1.5 coils. And possibly increasing the PG.

I do know the clouds from PG dissipate quicker. And that's a plus. So I'll mix a small bottle, and give it a spin with higher ohm coils.

Thanks everyone :D

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Behold, the cloud killer mod. It has a second tube with a filter that you exhale in to that almost eliminates the clouds completely. It's a single 18650 mod. GrimmGreen and OhmboyOC tried it out and it kinda worked. Interesting concept.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1446904467.056558.jpg

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Behold, the cloud killer mod. It has a second tube with a filter that you exhale in to that almost eliminates the clouds completely. It's a single 18650 mod. GrimmGreen and OhmboyOC tried it out and it kinda worked. Interesting concept.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 33237

A damp washcloth. It's cheaper, and requires no skills.

Oh dude, I need that for work!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turn down the watts (imagine Lil Jon screaming that at you).

Do you have the option of having two setups? I'd keep the fog machine with your regular liquid, then get a MTL type device (I know you've said this isn't going to be an all-day solution for you already) with a higher-ohm coil that can run at 10 watts or less loaded with some higher-nic liquid with a bit of PG in it. Take "smoke breaks" as necessary to hit the big device somewhere that it's not going to bother people, then go back in and take smaller drags off the other one until you have a chance to hit the big guy again.

I was able to quit using eGos and old-school clearos, but perhaps I don't count as a real smoker because I only burned 10-15 heaters most days, maybe a full pack on the weekends...that said, these days I'm 100% direct-lung with a chuff capped RDA at home and a wide-open new-generation clearo on the job site, but I'll still break out a stealthy little eGo with some high-nic liquid to sneak into places like movies and stadiums. Hold your hit in for five seconds or so and there's no cloud to speak of.

I hope it's okay to piggyback on this thread. If not, I'd be happy to delete this post and start my own topic.

Right now my build is a 2mm ID single micro-coil; 26 gauge kanthal; 4.5 wraps or thereabouts. Around .5 ohms. This is on an IGO-L.

It's performing wonderfully.

That said, I'd actually prefer a higer resistance coil in the interest of less vapor production, not to mention juice and battery consumption. The only reason I built a .5 ohm coil was to achieve a greater heat flux.

I was fiddling in Steam Engine and figured a .8 ohm build out of 28 gauge kanthal (single coild; 2mm ID; 4.5 wraps) would give me an even greater heat flux number than my current build at .5 ohms.

Is there any reason not to give this a shot?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You don't use a resistance meter?

VU Sponsors