Become a Patron!

(Reg) beginner squonking mod

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Hey Guys,

I was actually looking for a new RDA for the last 4 hours lol, I noticed that most come now with a squonking pin, so I thought might as well get a squonk kit.

I always wanted to try it out, but in the past most were mechanical, and while I'm not new to vaping I don't feel comfortable enough to go unregulated just yet.

I was looking at the gbox but if we trust the reviews that thing has issues, reminds me once again of smok, were every 5million unit works but every other one just sucks.

I took a look at the hcig rsq I think, again apparently not the "smoothest" operating mod out there.

Then the fuchai sqonk 213, here again 10 ppl say amazing, another 10 say its crap. At the first look I thought man that's the smallest RDA I've e er seen, the radar that comes with it.

So I'm looking for some input, good/bad, other suggestions etc, from people that used them and not people that just want to promote an item they are affiliated with. . But please regulated. Thanks in advanced.

Edit, yes I probably could have went through the 200 pages in this sub forum, but I'm at work which makes it a bit harder, so I opened my own topic :D another edit, should be at least 80w and up, since most my builds run around 50-75 watt, so a 30w is not cutting it for me :(

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I can't recommend the RSQ enough, I absolutely love it!! If you want a regulated squonker that isn't much bigger than a mech, look no further!
dfef40a0f8630ce6b9d07190a10afaf2.jpg

ee2ae1321231680dfc60d15f5afaa9cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey Guys,

I was actually looking for a new RDA for the last 4 hours lol, I noticed that most come now with a squonking pin, so I thought might as well get a squonk kit.

I always wanted to try it out, but in the past most were mechanical, and while I'm not new to vaping I don't feel comfortable enough to go unregulated just yet.

I was looking at the gbox but if we trust the reviews that thing has issues, reminds me once again of smok, were every 5million unit works but every other one just sucks.

I took a look at the hcig rsq I think, again apparently not the "smoothest" operating mod out there.

Then the fuchai sqonk 213, here again 10 ppl say amazing, another 10 say its crap. At the first look I thought man that's the smallest RDA I've e er seen, the radar that comes with it.

So I'm looking for some input, good/bad, other suggestions etc, from people that used them and not people that just want to promote an item they are affiliated with. . But please regulated. Thanks in advanced.

Edit, yes I probably could have went through the 200 pages in this sub forum, but I'm at work which makes it a bit harder, so I opened my own topic :D another edit, should be at least 80w and up, since most my builds run around 50-75 watt, so a 30w is not cutting it for me :(
IMHO, it's worth spending a lot of time researching the various squonk mods out there. Currently, there are a lot of Squonkers on the market. Personally, I hope, the trend continues! I have several mechanical Squonkers, and three regulated Squonkers. My preferred regulated Squonker is the Therion BF, which has the DNA 75 chip. Therefore, the max wattage is 75W. For extra wattage, do your research on the Kangertech Dripbox V2 160W. However, get the mod only, 'cause the RDA, which comes with the kit sucks!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
For extra wattage, do your research on the Kangertech Dripbox V2 160W.

I really recommend the Gbox over the Kanger 160

In comparison of the two - my only real complaint (for the price) with the Gbox is my button rattles - heck, @BrewBear says it even does a passable job on TC (a feature I never use) - and he also owns way more expensive mods to be able to do a real comparison

The board is superior on the Gbox and it has an adjustable 510, with the Kanger, you are SOL on the 510

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was looking at the gbox but if we trust the reviews that thing has issues

What issues? It has a few nit picky things, but I have heard nothing about them that deserves to be compared to Smok, lol

The code VIPGBOX gives you the price of $52.99 from the US warhorse of GearBest according to Smokie

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I "heard" my name mentioned, so here I am.
As @JuicyLucy said, I have a few squonk mods and I much prefer regulated, TC mods over the others. I also own a couple of MOSFET mods but more about that in a little while.
The lowest priced reg. mod would be the Wraith but I wouldn't hang my hat on that one. Before going further, I must also mention that I prefer front/edge squonk versus side/panel squonks.
Kanger DripBox 160 vs. GBox 200, no competition! GBox beats it, especially for TC and if you are new to squonking, that is a nice way to do it....not as bad on dry hits. I have both so I can honestly tell you that since I received the GBox, the DB 160 found its place in the garage where I don't mind if it gets dropped, kicked....I kept an eye on the GBox and battery consumption is very even, charge lasts a good while. The one "issue" people have with it is that there is one door on the bottom that holds both batteries and the bottle. When you open the door to fill the bottle, the batteries will drop out! If you use a refill bottle, that becomes a non-issue. DB 160 has a magnetic door for the bottle, weak magnets and door prone to falling off.
Kanger DripBox v2, not too bad, single battery, passable TC better than the DB 160. Fuchai Squonk is well built, feels solid but it kinda sucks in TC. If you're a power guy, then it is good, if you want TC....meh, I'd pass.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What issues? It has a few nit picky things, but I have heard nothing about them that deserves to be compared to Smok, lol

The code VIPGBOX gives you the price of $52.99 from the US warhorse of GearBest according to Smokie
NOW YOU TELL ME???? I already bought the damn thing!:vino:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To continue, the Therion DNA mods are good. I have both the DNA 75 and DNA 75C, the 75C is easier to make changes on the fly, the 75 needs E-Scribe and a computer. With either one, once you set up profiles for two or three atties, you're good to go.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The code was just posted with his review this morning - if it feels any better I paid over $80 each for two of them last month

Bought them without any reviews, just based on my experience with the OG
Naah! It doesn't. Besides, I wasn't gonna wait for it to sloooowly make its way from China.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
the 75C is easier to make changes on the fly,

Personally, I found the battery life on the DNA 75C to be so terrible it made me start to dislike the mod - and I vape fairly low wattage, use none of the fancy features and put it in conserve battery mode

I do recommend the Fuchai over the Capo for single battery non-TC regulated squonking though

Naah! It doesn't. Besides, I wasn't gonna wait for it to sloooowly make its way from China.

But this is from their US warehouse as per Smokie

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Lol I wasn't trying to relabel geekvape to the new smok. I was going by the issues people mentioned, hence I came here to ask, wasn't sure if it can be trusted. One was the battery door, another the bottles being horrible and sure I could get other ones but if I buy a kit, might as well try to get one that includes them and that are usable. The topper is apparently another thing, easily shoved inside the bottle if not extremely careful.

I'm not rough with my hardware but sometimes it can hectic, I want to make sure I could take it with me when leaving the house, without having the whole bottle empty in my car or purse.

I normally do vape tc but I don't mind either way, it wouldn't be a kit I would stick with for the next 10 years, just wanted something in the lower mid range, so I could see if I even like it, before getting an expensive DNA device.

I'll take a look at the ones suggested, thanks for the responses so far.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The topper is apparently another thing, easily shoved inside the bottle if not extremely careful.

That is a new one - can you post a link to the complaint about that? I don't see how that is possible

I just lay the mod on its side when I need to change the bottle and guess what? the batteries do not fall out and the bottle slides right out.

The bottles are not that bad, but certainly not the best, but the best bottles cost well over $25 just for the bottle - just so you have some context

I am an RA patient and the bottle doesn't bother me much - try the stock REO bottle if you want to try to squeeze a brick

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I found the battery life on the DNA 75C to be so terrible it made me start to dislike the mod - and I vape fairly low wattage, use none of the fancy features and put it in conserve battery mode

I do recommend the Fuchai over the Capo for single battery non-TC regulated squonking though

But this is from their US warehouse as per Smokie
The terrible battery life from the DNA 75C is that the squonker or regular mod? Or does it matter? Reason I ask is that my freedom smokes is having a sale on the squonker $80 for the black & $85 for other colors.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The terrible battery life from the DNA 75C is that the squonker or regular mod? Or does it matter? Reason I ask is that my freedom smokes is having a sale on the squonker $80 for the black & $85 for other colors.

The squonker - am thinking the regular DNA75C would probably do better because if I'm not mistaken it is a double battery mod

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The squonker - am thinking the regular DNA75C would probably do better because if I'm not mistaken it is a double battery mod
Thanks! Saved me some $ :hug: that is one flaw that is a deal breaker for me - bad battery life.

I just checked and you’re right the regular mod is dual batteries. Too bad for me, i missed that deal they sold out at $80.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks! Saved me some $ :hug: that is one flaw that is a deal breaker for me - bad battery life.

I just checked and you’re right the regular mod is dual batteries. Too bad for me, i missed that deal they sold out at $80.

I was surprised at that because I have an Inbox 75 DNA and the it wasn't too bad - some people aren't minding it, but I don't use it anymore because of that

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was surprised at that because I have an Inbox 75 DNA and the it wasn't too bad - some people aren't minding it, but I don't use it anymore because of that
I have the Hcigar VT Inbox 75 dna too & you’re right its battery life isn’t too bad it isn’t great but not too bad.

Such a shame that the battery life is that bad that you dont use the Therion Bf as it does look like a nice bf mod.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have the Hcigar VT Inbox 75 dna too & you’re right its battery life isn’t too bad it isn’t great but not too bad.

Such a shame that the battery life is that bad that you dont use the Therion Bf as it does look like a nice bf mod.

You are right -it's beautiful to look at and squonks like a champ

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's the c chip that causes worse battery I think regular 75 is ok

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Sorry guys, apparently I turned off notifications since I got hundreds of emails, everytime someone responds to any topic lol. I'm glad and very appreciative about all answers I got. I ordered the gbox, at 41 bucks it isn't a bad deal, and I might be able to see if I like it :) also I ordered the kit, I did go by the suggestions that were mentioned about the radar and ordered a drop and a peerless RDA right with it. We will see how it goes, fingers crossed.

@JuicyLucy I always appreciate your input, helped me a lot as I started and when it comes to squonking you seem to have earned that squonk queen title lol, glad to have your input when it comes to products in doubt. I think the review I saw about the bottle topper was by jay haze. I don't recall since I never stick with only one reviewer most of times.

VU Sponsors