Regulated Bottom Feeders (~50w+)

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking at bottom feeder boxes for RDA use, any vendors in the sub $100 range?
Doing some research for now, as saturated as the market is this seems like an obvious gap...
Curious what everyone else's thoughts are ;)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck with that. That was suppose to be a Robbot Mod that was a regulated bf for around 75 bucks I have not heard anything new about it since January.

Your best bet might be to build your own if you are handy.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hear there are a few squonkers in the works coming from china.

I'd buy a decent one for under 100. DECENT being key. Not gonna pay big money for one.

I use an RTA all day at work because dripping is a PITA while I work. I'd jump on a bottom feeder for work.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen a few custom jobs, but $400 is too rich for my blood. China might come through....

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could be the best way to go. Everything with a dna or a sx350 in it is pricey.

I've seen a few custom jobs, but $400 is too rich for my blood. China might come through....
Your a mod now? Oh shit lol.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looking forward to the review.
same here.
I always wanted to try out a bottom feed device, but the cost of entry (sunbox,reo) seemed a bit high for a ride i may not like, these new lower cost offers might just tempt me to take a chance, now i just need one that has 4k mah, 50 watts, and a 10ml sqounk for <$90

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the SmogPunk - keeping a eye on the geyscano 50w as well

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
SMOG has my money, first order myself
I will post back with any issues, but I do not expect any
has been doing group buys for a while here: http://www.reddit.com/r/SmogGB

use the contact and email - maybe they will take PayPal (I have no idea)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No paypal on that check out. Anyone vouch for the safety of that site? I baulked at giving credit card details there. They have bottom feed modified RDA's too.
If that site goes tits up we should know before to long as a lot of ppl pre-ordered the ipv4 through them.

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
38/100 Smog (KUI) boxes left :D
My understanding is that the 50w is getting better sales than the Mechanical

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thread needs to keep going.

I'm glad I lost my job...I don't think I'd respect myself much a few months after getting a gipeto elite v2 bottom feeder.lol..regardless if I still had a job, and I would've had to eventually get her one too.

I really don't understand why bottom feeders aren't a common thing. They are so easy and painless to use. Hobo and origen was the only RDAs I've used (or wanted to use I should say) that never leaked on me...still love the cheap mad hatter, even though I make a mess if I don't take the cap off..

But yeah, more information and models!..... I really don't want anything bigger than a IPV2.....no, still haven't modded my broken one. ;)

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Geyscano 50w v2 (the KUI went bust - but SMOG worked a win win for us)
Here is the v1 http://www.angelcigs.com/geyscano-50w-mechanical-mod-rda-black.html ~$70

20150504_200413_Satya_Paint_Blacksix.jpg

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well, how do you like it?

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well according to AntiAntiHero there are only 2 rules. No cockblocking ..no teasing and you sir are teasing us. o_O Spill the beans. How is the squonker

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This looks like a v2 (with video review) based on the Giant Logo not being on the front door
http://vapenw.com/geyscano-bottom-feeding-mod-by-yi-loong

One line review - my work bag went from (4) drippers / mods to my BF setup and a single dripper / mod as a backup

I have been vaping at .4ohm / 35.7w for a few weeks now - (2) VTC5 and one fill of the 13ml juice bottle gets me through most days. My stock cyclone RDA had damaged 510 threads, so I was not able to use it - but I also purchased a Derringer that was BF modified by CI Green - feeds great wicks great

I did use the stock RDA center pin (with some minor needle file work) to convert a TOBH to BF pictured here http://vapingunderground.com/threads/bottom-feeder-alternate-source-suggestions.62174/#post-487684

My only compliant on the box was the length of the bottle and battery ribbons (easily resolved with a pair of scissors and a match) Some other members of the v2 GB had concerns with the screen timeout (goes in to off mode after about 150s of inactivity, firing the device powers back up in about 3s) and the 510 is not adjustable so their can be a gap between the atty and the mod (not a issue for me)

Last edited:

eris667

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was never bothered by the timeout - but decided to actually time it (updated time in my post above)
The reason it never bothered me is that I am either chain vaping or not - so getting to 2.5 minutes of inactivity is unlikely

VU Sponsors