Become a Patron!

Regulated box mod question

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I purchased a project square box mod from vapor dna. Think it had a yihi sx330 chip. I have something wierd going on that I can't figure out. I use mainly kanger subtanks. I usually vape from .8 to 1.2 ohms and from 15 to 23 watts. I can fill a tank and it will do just fine. Then you might hit it and notice it will taste terribly burnt. I have noticed when it does this the resistance is jumping way up. Like on a 1 ohm coil it might jump to 2.4 ohms. Then you can hit the fire button again and it will be fine. Might vape good for a bit again. I first thought it was something with the tank. Took it apart several time, made sure everything was tight. You can put that tank on another device and it never does it. Tried other tanks and they all do it on this particular device. I think it is in the chip somewhere, but I am only guessing. Anyone have any ideas?
I want to say I contacted Vapor DNA and they were very professional and had great customer service. They issued me full credit. Now I am just trying to figure out what is going wrong.
Thanks in advance for all the advice.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm still siding with it being the tank, only because a good, buddy of mine was having similar issues with his subtank.
The first thing I would check on the mod would be the 510. I have a DNA mod that gets a touchy 510 pin, once in a while I have to press it down with a screwdriver to get the 510 to spring back up.

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I sure thought it was the tank also, but I can take any tank and put on it and it does it. Then I can take the tank acting up and put it on another mod and it works just fine.

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhmmm....well....I have a Project Sub Ohm Sub Box and I just tried to test the 510 spring on mine. No serious pressure and the center pin dropped inside the mod. I believe that that there will be your problem (and now I have a mod to repair.....).

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I called vapor dna and when I told them my problem, he just told me to stop using it and they gave me store credit. I did not even have to return it. They were great as far as customer service. I felt like it was either the 510 or the chip. I have not taken it apart to see what I could see. I am not an electronics expert by any means. I put a vaporizerr rdta, or what ever it is called, on it today and it has not done it one time. Seems the kanger tanks do it worse.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's not the chip. It's a bad connection somewhere. You don't have to know anything about electronics to be able to fix a bad connection. Thoroughly clean and inspect everything and I bet you find the problem. Good luck.

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Uhmmm....well....I have a Project Sub Ohm Sub Box and I just tried to test the 510 spring on mine. No serious pressure and the center pin dropped inside the mod. I believe that that there will be your problem (and now I have a mod to repair.....).
Cage, let me know what you find out if you would please. I am contemplating tearing into mine, but still lacking the confidence.

cage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Will do Jake....just waiting on some time to get it done.

Jake2030

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I pulled the top plate off. I did not get to rough with it as I did not want to break any of the wires loose. I did not pull the chip, just the top plate so I could look at the 510 connection. From what I could tell everything looked ok. The 510 looked like a sealed unit to me. Looked like the spring was contained in some kind of housing, So The wires looked ok from what I could tell that were soldered to the 510.

VU Sponsors