Become a Patron!

Regulated Mod Batteries?

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Purchased my first box mod, a Sigelei 150w Oni Edition.

I've paired my batteries, and marked them with #1 and #2, so I will always keep and charge them together. The backup pair is labeled #3 and #4. My question is, how far on the device battery indicator can I safely drain these before swapping them out to charge?

I'm used to mech mods where you just kinda had to have a feel for it.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 100+ cuts off around 3.2 which I don't think hurts them. I usually swap out around 15% left.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The 100+ cuts off around 3.2 which I don't think hurts them. I usually swap out around 15% left.
The 100 Plus & 150W can cut off earlier, when the set wattage is too high for the power left in the batteries.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It should be safe to run your mod until the screen says "Low Battery".

That's how I have run my Sig V2 since I bought it. No battery issues.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It may be safe to take your batteries down to the devices cutoff point... but it will also lessen the batteries potential lifespan by doing that way since it's hard on them. I try not to take mine down further than 3.4v-3.6v before I recharge

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I run around 60w and the chip cuts out mid-draw around 25ish percent battery life - that's when I swap. I also go back and forth, so the first time through the odd-numbered batteries are on the left, second time they're on the right...I do notice there's slightly more pull from one battery than the other, which is why I try to keep them always changing what side of the sled they sit in.

VU Sponsors