Become a Patron!

Regulated Squonk Mods List in 2018

Jason149

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey, guys, I list the hottest regulated squonk box mods in 2018, well, the list will update once comes out the new:
  • Vandy Vape Pulse 80W
  • Arctic Dolphin Anita 100W
  • Lost Vape Therion BF Squonker
  • IJOY CAPO Squonk 100W
  • IJOY CAPO SRDA Squonk 100W
  • Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 213
  • Geekvape GBOX 200W
  • Avidvape Throne Squonk 200W
  • HCigar AURORA 80W
  • Hotcig x Rig Mod
any update? pls comment below :blah::blah::blah:
VRGVTHN.jpg

Last edited:

Jason149

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
sorry guys, I just make a mistake. the title should be regulated bf box mods :slowclap::slowclap::slowclap:

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hard pass on this thing after seeing bogan's recent vlog: refill system similar to rage, only semi-regulated and his is leaking (likely from the stupid bottle system).
I presume that means no more than "non-mechanical" and more of that Proprietary Bottle crap?

Gods bless silicone bottles and screws to bypass Proprietary...

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I presume that means no more than "non-mechanical" and more of that Proprietary Bottle crap?

Gods bless silicone bottles and screws to bypass Proprietary...
no vw/vv/tc adjustment or pcb board, just some sorts of safety protections. not sure if this bottle system can be hacked or not to use standard bottles.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. I'm not even going to pretend to like such things.. Mechs don't even really care about polarity, and condolences to the chinee: we are not all running away from simple silicone bottles and glow-plug fuel-line ;-)
  1. I don't see any reason for variation on silicone/fuel-line that just disfavor the enduser. None.
  2. Nor I am not really fond of mechanicals as more than "well, goddamnit I can still vape"..
  3. Overdraining a cell in a mech means: "Gee, I need a new cell"
  4. Reversing the cell in a mech means.. Well, usually nothing.

I think anyone that has vaped awhile is aware they can hack up a MECH in afternoon, with a machined 510 at hand.. So, I am not sure what it is that draws/holds that audience.

Regulated was usually the war between basic VV (DC), PWM and VW; TC adds a layer. I'd even like to see lists of VV, PWM, VW and TC boards so that consumers can compare those boards and costs/values. Evolv and YiHi are pretty-much your ONLY choices for REGULATED BOARDS.

There are dozens of Proprietary boards, and even designs some you can order and populate.. in the latter case, you are certainly expected to be able to solder, order/replace parts and know why you bought it - in all other cases you are - at best - at the mercy of the company and their - maybe - (windows) software. Evolv gets extra points for offering a LINUX and MAC port of their SW.

Semi-mechanicals are not even topical.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The HCigar VT Inbox should probably be on that list even though it's not new and HCigar is coming out with the Aurora. It's still a popular and solid regulated squonker

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3 x bf mods 3 Different chips
2 are dna boards others a fet or switchfet type setup.

I have the 75c version for past week,

Marvec DNA 75 https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10029086/9640542-marvec-priest-bf-dna75-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

Or marvec dna 75C .

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...marvec-priest-bf-dna75c-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

or Marvec Priest BF regulated which im assuming is a fet pico style ,
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10038397/9640552-marvec-priest-bf-90w-mechanical-box-mod

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hey, guys, I list the hottest regulated squonk box mods in 2018, well, the list will update once comes out the new:
  • Vandy Vape Pulse 80W
  • Arctic Dolphin Anita 100W
  • Lost Vape Therion BF Squonker
  • IJOY CAPO Squonk 100W
  • IJOY CAPO SRDA Squonk 100W
  • Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 213
  • Geekvape GBOX 200W
  • Avidvape Throne Squonk 200W
  • HCigar AURORA 80W
  • Hotcig x Rig Mod
any update? pls comment below :blah::blah::blah:
VRGVTHN.jpg
i can not recommend the ijoy capo squonk 100w, This mod has an issue with internal leaking that causes the system to auto fire, randomly because the juice gets onto the circuit board.

The fuchai squonk was pretty good for me, but i for some reason got a problem with my lcd screen that made it ink up for some reason. but i still like it.

The Vandy Vape Pulse, is my workhorse atm, seems like it should be unbreakable.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The capo squonk blows. I put in the same rda that vapes great on any other squonker and it just doesn't perform nearly as well on the capo, no matter at what wattage I set it.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Anita appears to be garbage as well from what I've been able to dig up, but I can't personally confirm it since I haven't tried it.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I like the LINES of the Anita, but so far all I hear are promises there will be an AL frame-version.

Advocates for it seem to get all wet over the flyweight ABS construction.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm all for a lightweight mod. The problem with the Anita seems to be with actual performance.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The chipset is another marginal chinee-special, there is not much you can say about them.. I've concluded your GOOD chipsets are Evolv, Yihi, and likely anything that Arctic Fox supports.

And, of course, the only thing we can say about the Eleaf/Istick chipsets is: "Well, they keep working". I think I'd like to buy their PCB's just for that ability.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't underestimate "they keep working" haha. I've had 3 DNA chips (a DNA250 and a pair of 75C). The 250 (on a Therion) and one of the 75C (on a Rebel Mod) crapped out on me within a month of use. And I can't send them back because the cost to do so from my country just isn't viable (might as well just buy new stuff).

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, shipping is a killer - I'm suprised you don't try the YiHi if Evolv is out of reach.

I picked up a "previously owned" pair of Vt133 that keep chugging along, and just got an sx-mini m-class the same way.

Are they BETTER than my gbox 200? I dunno - I can make them all "work", but I can BUY Evolv or YiHi pcb's and I can send my Vt133/boards to Evolv regular postal.

If I could acquire replacement istick/eleaf Pico boards, or tc100w boards, andthe price was right: that would be something to work with.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They don't appear to have a squonk. Found GProv that does but they make Viscous Ant pricing look like a bargain shop.

I may have to DIY..

Yeah, I haven't heard of any Yihi squonkers cheaper than a Rebel. So if you don't want a Rebel, DIY is probably your best bet.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I haven't heard of any Yihi squonkers cheaper than a Rebel. So if you don't want a Rebel, DIY is probably your best bet.
It's not so much the price but the boring 3D plastic that I'd be getting.

I found this Renegade for $150, $25 more for custom graphics.
http://www.varitube.com/Renegade-RGX480-Squonk_p_445.html

Suppose I could try to make it interesting that way.

Going to try a siphon tank on my G-Class but it's tall and only 4.5ml.

Didn't think going squonk would be such a pita! lol

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're right on all counts. So I wrote Varitube and asked how the graphics are done, positioned, color, if they're directly printed and if they can print for a 2x700 cell. That might be a new 2018 model with new price but hopefully get some answers and maybe a new option.

Varitube is a pretty good shop and I'm not in a hurry. The product I want has yet to be made.

I do see that VV fixed up TC on the Pulse 80W that could make an interim option.

@Jason149 - Also stumbled across the Aleader Killer 80W regulated squonk to add, along with the limited Yihi options. The newer Killer with the aluminum frame could be decent for cheap but TC usability unknown.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
still rocking my 2 x rsq and just got a couple pulse 80w last week. I liked the pulse's so much I ordered some more 20700 from 18650batterystore. the pulse mechs are probably all going in the stash, sick of the leaking bottles and 510's. only mech in rotation is my athena.

pulse 80w cons: cant read the coil on my DR SQ or Athena RDA. I have a pulse 22 on one and a DR 24 (clone) on the other but the non locking barrel on the DR 24 makes me want a new rda

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally found something I like... A 475J custom. Wound up the DI4U approach since nobody mass produced anything and my hobby time is limited. I really wanted to stay Yihi keeping with the rest of my small mod family and it's nice to clone configs across them. Thankfully I found a heck of a deal (~half off) or I would have just waited.

Naturally, the delivery attempt was Friday while I was at work, but I'll be a squonkin' soon. I'll share deal details once I've looked things over.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a link? I'm partial to the YiHi's so far, and a squonk?
I was going to review the mod first but here's what I found in advance:

You can get (select) ones of these ($420 on special with $70 off, normally $490)
http://www.thefridaymorning.com/barracuda-475j-event-price/

Here on their Etsy promo for $250
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFridayMorning

I wrote them on Etsy with some questions, which they answered promptly, and they also tossed in another 15% off code. Making it $212.50 shipped (~1wk to MD).

Stabwood handmade Yihi custom for typical SXMini prices was a great value: albeit still a good chunk of loot.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors