1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Regulated to Unregulated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmagaWright, Oct 18, 2018.

1. OmagaWright

OmagaWright Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    So my H Priv 2 screen went blank but the rest of the mod is in decent shape. Figured I would rip out the guts and see how and if it can be swapped to unregulated. So far I was able to remove the screen and board from the mod, however it appears their is still some board and possible chip all connected to the firing switch. I cant seem to figure out how to pull that out to find out at least for now. Its late and bout ready to call it a night. I want to believe I am finished at this point, put it back together and viola, mech mod. I am certain that is not the case. If I need to rip that board out then I would have to replace the switch which is not likely as its built into the mod. If I gotta kill it completely so be it, but I figured I would give it a shot. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Attached Files:

5150sick likes this.
  2. 5150sick

5150sick Under Ground Hustler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Mod Team Leader

Blog Posts:
    You are going to need a mosfet for the switch or it will burn out.
    It will most likely work without one but it will eventually cause the switch to burn out.

Here is a basic mech box kit with everything you need to make a dual battery mech box except the actual box for reference:

https://www.motleymods.com/collecti...4-mosfet-16mm-switch-battery-sled-motley-mods

You will see the mosfet in the kit:

[​IMG]

There is also a wiring diagram list at the motley mods site that could be useful.

OmagaWright likes this.
  3. OmagaWright

OmagaWright Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for confirming this for me. I was hopin in the back of my mind that I wouldnt have to. But since the switch, board, and mod body are one and it would be difficult to progress further.

I have been lookin over at Motley on a DIY kits and the ones I really want to try is a dual 26650 kit. Sadly they dont offer a kit with a PMW board and not sure if what they have would work for 26650s. I will prolly have to shoot them an email to find out.

Buddha222 and 5150sick like this.
  4. Zohmbiebuilds

Zohmbiebuilds Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Just buy there micro pwm. It's ok but nothing like a big Al board. They will work tho. Check out big Al, he doesn't charge much for his chips and using these chips is so close to using a VV mod just as easy and absolutely no ramp up.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

OmagaWright and Buddha222 like this.
  5. Buddha222

Buddha222 Chainvaping through the fog .... VU Donator Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I might have to try something like this. Had a mod fry out after it got wet, and was wondering what to do with it..

OmagaWright likes this.